A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: any punch embroiderers around?  (Read 845 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vitaboheme

Future Picasso

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2008 07:44:48 PM »

Hi all,
I am new to the Craftster network, exploring one forum at a time- and thrilled to see some other ladies (and gents, I assume) that still do needlework.

I have recently started punch embroidery, and I am having so much fun! I am just wondering if there are others who do punch embroidery, and have some projects to share (I have seen a lot of traditional styles in my searches- lots of flower baskets, quite reminiscent of my grandmother.....).

I said the other day that I am tempted to leave my job behind and spend all day doing crafty things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
-Pablo Picasso
monkeymaker

my eyes!! my eyes!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008 10:53:13 AM »

hello and welcome to Craftster!!! i did punch embroidery years ago - in the early 90's. then i put it away for some reason  Huh - something shinier must've caught my eye. then, as i was going to sleep last night i remembered my Purr-fect Punch kit. i got up to see if i still had it and i did!!! i just started doing it again today and i'm remembering how much i enjoy it. like you, i thought i'd check Craftster to see if anyone is doing it and here i am, talking to you!  Cheesy

what are you working on? or are you just playing right now. i'm still in the playing around stage - remembering how to do this and that. what fun to rediscover something that i really like and i already have it!! nothing to buy...yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm leaning on my shovel in this graveyard of dreams ~ devil makes three
lyler523
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008 11:18:45 AM »

I've done a few punch projects and enjoyed them.  They were purchased kits and I flew thru them.  I haven't ventured into designing anything myself.  I'd like to see what you're up to  Smiley  Maybe you can inspire me to leave my knitting/embroidery projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008 12:33:52 AM »

I just got my first punch embroidery needle.  I'm having trouble with my embroidery hoop though, it doesn't hold the fabric tight enough.  Also, what type of fabric do you recommend?  I tried cotton, just for practice, and afterwards it was just torn to bits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008 01:13:58 AM »

I had an easy punch back in the 80s  Grin I  bought a punch needle last year to try again and STILL haven't used it **hangs head in shame**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
sonjabegonia
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008 02:45:24 PM »

My mom recommended punch embroidery to me this summer, and I just bought all of the supplies + a few kits over the holidays.  I've finished 1 1/2 kits and really enjoy the medium.  It's kind of addictive though . . . I end up punching until my hand hurts just because I want to see the pattern emerge. 

I have a few more kits to do and then I think I'll be in a position to start thinking about creating designs/moving past "canned" patterns.

The one thing that I haven't quite figured out (but haven't spent much time contemplating) is what I'll do with the completed pieces.  One can only have so many framed pieces and pillows in a given apartment.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy - www.etsy.com/shop/OCCASIONsonjabegonia

Facebook  - www.facebook.com/occasionsbysonjabegonia

Tumblr - sonjabegoniach.tumblr.com
PromisedHeartbrk
Art Geek

Rock and Roll Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008 01:03:07 PM »

My dad does punch embroidery... After I give him my needlework i plan on getting him onto this site  (dont want him to see my posted project.... its for him)
But he also quilts and ALWAYS comes up with his own patterns and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love a personal swap! Send me a Pm Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Baseball Hall of Fame Sculptor Mindy Ellis
Watch SamSam Bubbleman Create His Unique Bubble Sculptures
Sam & Tury
Rainbow City: Sam & Tury
How to Make a Butter Sculpture
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...