A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loved One in the Military Swap Round 2! Sendouts Feb 16!  (Read 5031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jarheadwed

I was a classy bride

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008 04:51:41 PM »

My avatar is a pic of us too, but here's him. We are both 24, and went to high school together, but didn't start "dating" until he was in Iraq for his first tour. He found me on Myspace (how nerdy) and we started talking again. He stole me from another Marine, a Sgt no less! We have been married for about five months now- newlyweds. He is in Iraq for the third time, for 13 months this time. He is corporal in the USMC, and his MOS is heavy equipment, which keeps him out of having to do grunt work in Iraq. We live on a Marine base, which is okay, but not totally my thing- any rumors you guys hear about how hardcore and strict the Marines are, its totally true. And they're snobs about it, too  Smiley but in a fun way. He'll EAS shortly after he gets back from Iraq, and we're both looking forward to that! Oh, and about me- I work form home as an independent contractor, which means I work four hours a day and spend the rest of my time crafting and watching tv. I am losing my mind to boredom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008 05:12:25 PM »

I work form home as an independent contractor, which means I work four hours a day and spend the rest of my time crafting and watching tv. I am losing my mind to boredom.

wow! how'd you manage that? i have been looking for a work at home thing forever
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
Jarheadwed

I was a classy bride

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008 06:26:43 PM »

My company didn't want to lose me when I moved with my husband to the base, so they let me do work from home. There are a lot of books on home start-ups that don't cost a lot. You should look into one, maybe you'll find something you like? After we move back to MN, I'm dreading not working out of the home again. I assume they would frown on my showing up to work everyday in sweatpants and unwashed hair Smiley

My hubby called me from Iraq when I was working on one of your things. I tried to multitask and guess how that ended up? I'm going to try again tomorrow!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jktormala

I love my soldier!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008 01:11:58 PM »

(Look at profile pic)   Yeah!  That's us!  (I'm going through a TON of pictures right now!!)

My husband and I met in 8th grade, were GREAT friends and then started dating our senior year. (Graduated 2004)  He has a twin brother who is also a sweetheart and is stationed at Fort Lewis.  Both guys are MP's, my husband and I are stuck in yucky Texas - Fort Hood.  He's with 4th ID, which his brigade is actually converting over to 1st Cav next month (yuck, I hate their patch...it's a monster!!)  Was deployed for 2005-2006 and we got married when he returned from that deployment.  He's schedule for another 15 month deployment in June, which sucks, but we'll be okay...hey aren't all army wives supposed to be always okay? 

As for me, I just finished my bachelors degree through Central Michigan University and am starting my masters degree through a school in Minnesota when he deploys.  Right now, I make military bags and stuff...I actually don't really like working from home, probably because I dislike Texas so much...but oh well! 

Hope crafting is going well for everyone...I've got to send mine out this week because we FINALLY GET TO GO ON LEAVE! 
Yeah!! I love Michigan!!!  Snow time for us Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Military Themed Bags, Quilts & Other Items!
http://www.myspace.com/hercamotoo

BEAUTIFUL nature greeting cards, prints and other items!
http://www.zazzle.com/jktormala
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008 02:10:00 PM »

I'm not currently loving Michigan's snow very much, haha - It snowed a ton; my siblings had a snow day.... but I still had class AND work! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
jktormala

I love my soldier!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008 07:51:15 AM »

I'm not currently loving Michigan's snow very much, haha - It snowed a ton; my siblings had a snow day.... but I still had class AND work! Sad

Snow day....what is that...just kidding!  I'm from the Upper Peninsula, the Copper Country to be exact, and Michigan Tech does not grant snow days.  I guess they had such bad weather last week, that they ACTUALLY did!  The UP gets FAR more snow than the Lower, but are more able to deal with it, and it's a part of life.  Ahh...I can't wait...Saturday!!!
Cheesy Hope everyone's crafting is going well...he he!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Military Themed Bags, Quilts & Other Items!
http://www.myspace.com/hercamotoo

BEAUTIFUL nature greeting cards, prints and other items!
http://www.zazzle.com/jktormala
MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008 09:58:31 AM »

Hey all, well I am almost done with all my stuff and then I will trek over to my partners house to deliver it .. had to add one more project since I read she was heading to Michigan Wink  Hope everyone else's crafting is going wonderfully!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008 02:15:46 PM »

I was hoping to send early, but I still have so much to do!  Eep!  First time swappers:  make sure to get a DC# (Delivery Confirmation Number) when you ship your packages!  If you print your postage at home off the USPS website, its free; at the post office it's 50 cents I believe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008 04:04:20 PM »

Since my partner is about 2 streets away from me I am just going to bring it to her .. I hope that's ok!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008 04:28:43 PM »

oh you speedy crafters!

I am probably gonna send closer to the deadline
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Product Debates - What Ones Are the Best?
Binky Felstead Gets a Natural Makeover
How to Get Full, Gorgeous Brows - and Look Younger Too
Mally Roncal’s Instant Face-Lift?
Can Eyeliner Give You an Eye Lift?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...