A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Knit Cloth-along  (Read 80762 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: September 21, 2008 12:18:07 PM »

OK. So. Some background. I'm an insomniac. Pretty bad. So I take prescription sleep meds, only on the weekends when the hubby can wake up with the kid if needed. I was working on this on one of those nights. Words of wisdom: do NOT knit after you have taken a sleeping pill. You will mess up!!!
OK. Anyway... I finished it, but you will notice the middle. I messed up just a little while after I said I had conquered the thing. OH Well. It was just for me anyway and it was the first time I had knit in six months and it still looks pretty. I don't think that anyone who didn't knit would be able to tell, but I can. Meanwhile, I'm working on one for the dishcloth swap that is not a dw but is coming along quite wonderfully Grin
Here's the DW. I'll do another one after I'm finished with the swap. I WILL get it perfect!!!!!!

Thanks for looking. It is a lot of fun!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #501 on: September 21, 2008 04:11:34 PM »

No doubt you will get perfect.  Except for the sleeping pill middle, it looks really good.  You definitely know what you are doing.

I am working my knit dishcloth for the swap.  I am learning a new skill and have now done so successfully, but it is a little time consuming and tedious.  I am over half way done and will hopefully finish in the next day or two.  I just wish I could post here as soon as I'm done.  I don't think my partner goes to this board (she is a crocheter), but I better not post it anyways.

I will start the crochet cloth sometime this week.  I don't know yet if I am looking forward to it or not. Wink  **I will conquer crochet, I will not let crochet defeat me**  **think positive thoughts**  *sigh* Things I must say to myself at times. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: September 21, 2008 04:14:14 PM »

Sending positive thoughts your way too! Thanks for the support!! Can't wait to see what you've done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2008 09:18:33 AM »

Yay! Crochet's not that difficult! You'll be ok.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gizmonic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2008 02:38:11 PM »

daina, the DW is looking quite spiffo (minus the sleeping pill bit.)  Isn't it an easy pattern to do?  You'll get into a knitting groove w/DW. Smiley 

myklia, sending crochet {{vibes}} your way.  You can do it...You can do it! Cheesy  If I can do it, so can you!

G Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
kyreth

No shoes, no shirt, no problem

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 25, 2008 01:02:41 PM »

Four more sets to add!

The first is for a friend who gardens.  I did the wheelbarrow design and a waffle stitch.

The second set turned out huge, but I love it.  The solid one is the Vdub pattern without the "BeeBeep" on top.  The variegated one is done in the Hourglass Eyelet, a pattern I found in an old knitting pattern book.

The third set uses the cat pattern and a butterfly stitch.

The last one is special 'cause it's for my partner.  She and I are planning on moving to Tennessee in the not too distant future, so I made the TN State pattern.  The other cloth is the Up the Stairs pattern.  I liked the way the yarn kind of came out as a camouflage pattern.

I am loving this!  I hope to do a few more sets and give them as Christmas gifts.  I plan on making some bath salts and coloring them to match.  I figured I'd put the bath salts in little jars and tie up a couple of cloths with a ribbon to each jar.  Sound good?

Cheers!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The problem with being middle of the road is that you are bound to get run over.
myklia
« Reply #506 on: September 25, 2008 04:26:18 PM »

You are one knitting machine, I love it all.  Great idea for the bath salts too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #507 on: October 13, 2008 07:27:16 PM »

Awww....poor little ignored thread.  I am back with a little post.

I made this for my Aunt's upcoming 60th birthday.  I want to knit and crochet as many as I can before my mom leaves to visit her for her birthday.  Hopefully this is just the first of many.  I have until the 28th to do what I can.  I just wish I could do 60 before then.  I'm not one to think too far in advance apparently. 

Here is the petal dishcloth:

Pattern here: http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/petal.html

I will post all the future ones in this and the crochet along for the dishcloths.

Enjoy!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KRB
« Reply #508 on: October 13, 2008 09:55:44 PM »

Oh, it's beautiful! I'm working on that pattern right now using a pink and white twist from Peaches-n-Creme. Only I'll be lucky to get the one done any time soon. I just keep getting distracted with other projects.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2008 03:21:07 AM »

I was surprised at how easy and fast it went. It also looks great.  Now what to do next.  I have all the patterns I want to do laid out on the dining table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bathroom Bar Beauty Tips and Style Tricks with Nicky Hilton
How to Do a Cat Eye in a Hurry with Model Genevieve Morton
What It Looks Like When Old "Dallas" Meets New
Tips For Updating Your Fall Look
The Perfect Bridesmaid Makeup by House of Harper
Latest Blog Articles
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie
Magical Miniatures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...