A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,345
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Knit Cloth-along  (Read 80130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: September 21, 2008 12:18:07 PM »

OK. So. Some background. I'm an insomniac. Pretty bad. So I take prescription sleep meds, only on the weekends when the hubby can wake up with the kid if needed. I was working on this on one of those nights. Words of wisdom: do NOT knit after you have taken a sleeping pill. You will mess up!!!
OK. Anyway... I finished it, but you will notice the middle. I messed up just a little while after I said I had conquered the thing. OH Well. It was just for me anyway and it was the first time I had knit in six months and it still looks pretty. I don't think that anyone who didn't knit would be able to tell, but I can. Meanwhile, I'm working on one for the dishcloth swap that is not a dw but is coming along quite wonderfully Grin
Here's the DW. I'll do another one after I'm finished with the swap. I WILL get it perfect!!!!!!

Thanks for looking. It is a lot of fun!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #501 on: September 21, 2008 04:11:34 PM »

No doubt you will get perfect.  Except for the sleeping pill middle, it looks really good.  You definitely know what you are doing.

I am working my knit dishcloth for the swap.  I am learning a new skill and have now done so successfully, but it is a little time consuming and tedious.  I am over half way done and will hopefully finish in the next day or two.  I just wish I could post here as soon as I'm done.  I don't think my partner goes to this board (she is a crocheter), but I better not post it anyways.

I will start the crochet cloth sometime this week.  I don't know yet if I am looking forward to it or not. Wink  **I will conquer crochet, I will not let crochet defeat me**  **think positive thoughts**  *sigh* Things I must say to myself at times. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: September 21, 2008 04:14:14 PM »

Sending positive thoughts your way too! Thanks for the support!! Can't wait to see what you've done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2008 09:18:33 AM »

Yay! Crochet's not that difficult! You'll be ok.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gizmonic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2008 02:38:11 PM »

daina, the DW is looking quite spiffo (minus the sleeping pill bit.)  Isn't it an easy pattern to do?  You'll get into a knitting groove w/DW. Smiley 

myklia, sending crochet {{vibes}} your way.  You can do it...You can do it! Cheesy  If I can do it, so can you!

G Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
kyreth

No shoes, no shirt, no problem

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 25, 2008 01:02:41 PM »

Four more sets to add!

The first is for a friend who gardens.  I did the wheelbarrow design and a waffle stitch.

The second set turned out huge, but I love it.  The solid one is the Vdub pattern without the "BeeBeep" on top.  The variegated one is done in the Hourglass Eyelet, a pattern I found in an old knitting pattern book.

The third set uses the cat pattern and a butterfly stitch.

The last one is special 'cause it's for my partner.  She and I are planning on moving to Tennessee in the not too distant future, so I made the TN State pattern.  The other cloth is the Up the Stairs pattern.  I liked the way the yarn kind of came out as a camouflage pattern.

I am loving this!  I hope to do a few more sets and give them as Christmas gifts.  I plan on making some bath salts and coloring them to match.  I figured I'd put the bath salts in little jars and tie up a couple of cloths with a ribbon to each jar.  Sound good?

Cheers!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The problem with being middle of the road is that you are bound to get run over.
myklia
« Reply #506 on: September 25, 2008 04:26:18 PM »

You are one knitting machine, I love it all.  Great idea for the bath salts too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #507 on: October 13, 2008 07:27:16 PM »

Awww....poor little ignored thread.  I am back with a little post.

I made this for my Aunt's upcoming 60th birthday.  I want to knit and crochet as many as I can before my mom leaves to visit her for her birthday.  Hopefully this is just the first of many.  I have until the 28th to do what I can.  I just wish I could do 60 before then.  I'm not one to think too far in advance apparently. 

Here is the petal dishcloth:

Pattern here: http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/petal.html

I will post all the future ones in this and the crochet along for the dishcloths.

Enjoy!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KRB
« Reply #508 on: October 13, 2008 09:55:44 PM »

Oh, it's beautiful! I'm working on that pattern right now using a pink and white twist from Peaches-n-Creme. Only I'll be lucky to get the one done any time soon. I just keep getting distracted with other projects.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #509 on: October 14, 2008 03:21:07 AM »

I was surprised at how easy and fast it went. It also looks great.  Now what to do next.  I have all the patterns I want to do laid out on the dining table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Marios Schwab - London Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Designer Biography: Roland Mouret - Videofashion
Designer Biography: Chloé - Videofashion
Temperley London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How To Add A 1920s Flare To Your Wardrobe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...