A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,668
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Knit Cloth-along  (Read 70458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2008 06:34:44 PM »

Tales of my garterlac disaster.  My first guess is at some point I went the wrong direction (you know with all that turning), but I'm not sure.  When I realized that all I had left was a decreasing triangle and three top triangles I finally conceded I really screwed up (I kind of already knew it, but I was hoping that if I kept going along everything would work out).

Houston, we have a problem:

I finally concede and decide to bind off (rather than frog), but because of how it was set up, some of it was traditional bind off where there was live stitches and do crochet where there weren't.:

The final disaster, I decided to crochet around the whole thing to give it a more unified edge, do you think everyone will think I intentioanlly made it this way Roll Eyes Wink:

I haven't weaved in the tails yet.  I figure it is still functional and fun and wonky looking.  I will try this again though.  I am sure the second one will be better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gizmonic
CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2008 08:03:10 PM »

Of course you made it like that intentionally!  I believe you. Wink Cheesy 

It's still lovable in its mutated form.  Smiley

A valiant effort indeed.

Giz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
myklia
« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2008 08:27:33 PM »

Thanks  Smiley Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #443 on: July 20, 2008 10:25:48 AM »

Your garterlac looks awesome. I'm jealous.  Embarrassed

Just join the lastest dishcloth swap (signups end on Monday) and if you get partnered with me, I could make you one. Smiley

I think I'm too late  Embarrassed but I just don't have the time now for another swap right now. Maybe they'll be one later and we'll be paired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #444 on: July 20, 2008 10:27:16 AM »

Gorgeous!
I'm envious of your goal. I have yet to make 10 this year.  Embarrassed
I'm making a transformer cloth for my boyf in red, too. We're cloth buddies!  Tongue

lol My hubby informed me that making it in blue is wrong..thats what I was using...so I made him rip it out (while i held it,he hates seeing me rip things out so i made him do it) and restarted it in red! Smiley

I get on a roll and I just go with it!

AH, why can't it be made in blue? It's a REAL good thing I got red.

I know I wanted to make it in blue too. But he says its the Decepticon face and not the other and that the Decepticons are blue. So since I was making it for him I decided to change. lol

Ahhh, ok. Did you have major troubles with it? It might just be because vacation knitting is not for me, but I've frogged it like 5 times and redone some rows a few times.  Urgh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StitchMarkers4U
Knitter

Wiccan 4 Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2008 10:38:58 AM »

"mochaxlight posted---Ahhh, ok. Did you have major troubles with it? It might just be because vacation knitting is not for me, but I've frogged it like 5 times and redone some rows a few times.  Urgh."

Yes there is a pattern error on row 25.
Row 25 should be as follows.
MB4,K3,P5,K5,P1,K2,P3,K2,P1,K5,P5,K3,MB4

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008 10:40:21 AM by StitchMarkers4U - Reason: To fix the quote part » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is like a gifted bag of yarn!
You never know what your going to get!
But you love it anyways!
myklia
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2008 04:31:11 PM »

Just join the lastest dishcloth swap (signups end on Monday) and if you get partnered with me, I could make you one. Smiley

I think I'm too late  Embarrassed but I just don't have the time now for another swap right now. Maybe they'll be one later and we'll be paired!

This one has send outs August 4th.  There is talk of also having an August one.  I know the feeling of too many swaps.  It is why I had to take a break for a while and I'm a little more choosy about which ones I join.  As you can see, my garterlac is really wonky.  I believe I know where I went wrong though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008 03:27:54 AM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #447 on: July 22, 2008 08:20:52 PM »

"mochaxlight posted---Ahhh, ok. Did you have major troubles with it? It might just be because vacation knitting is not for me, but I've frogged it like 5 times and redone some rows a few times.  Urgh."

Yes there is a pattern error on row 25.
Row 25 should be as follows.
MB4,K3,P5,K5,P1,K2,P3,K2,P1,K5,P5,K3,MB4

Hope this helps!

LOOL I'm not even there yet! But thanks anyway. I'll get there...eventually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2008 08:22:06 PM »

This one has send outs August 4th.  There is talk of also having an August one.  I know the feeling of too many swaps.  It is why I had to take a break for a while and I'm a little more choosy about which ones I join.  As you can see, my garterlac is really wonky.  I believe I know where I went wrong though.

Nah, I just have a LOT of crafts to get done and to get my crafty room clean. Teehee, I like how yours started going to the side.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2008 05:11:40 PM »

Now I understand why this board gets so quiet during these dishcloth swaps, all the action is on the swap board.  When I finally send and Giz receives, I'll post the cloths I did over here.  I don't want this place to die out.  I'm emotionally attached. Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Saving and Recovering Your Photos in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Ken the Eagle from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
How to Draw Master Croc from Kung Fu Panda 2
How to Draw Marty from Madagascar 3
How to Draw Mike Wazowski from Monster Incorporated
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...