A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Knit Cloth-along  (Read 70442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2008 05:18:38 PM »

So I haven't looked at the first page patterns for some time.  You totally rock WCX!!!!!  Tons of patterns I haven't even seen before.  Though I swear, once I am done with the cloths for aunt and my swaps, I will do the garterlac.  Don't let me get distracted, I must face my fears which is why after that I should do the garter drop stitch, there is one with short rows, and a round one.  All of these will help me to obtain some important new knitting skills.  Yay!!

Think of how empowering it will be to face your fears! I tackled the garterlac & when it turned out to be easier than I thought, I had the courage to tackle entrelac! Besides, you are in the same KAL as Gizmoic...the Yoda of Garterlac! I'm sure she can channel "the force" your way. Wink

/end geekiness
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2008 05:23:20 PM »

myklia, drop stitches are a BLAST.  i've made some drop stitch scarves for my dolls (myscene) and I made a couple little purses for a friend using it.  its really fun for some reason any it always works up REALLY quick Smiley

there's even more links on the official KAL blog (in my sig)... will update crafter's list here every so often.

i SO want to do garterlac! i tried it last year but failed part way through.  i WILL master it, though! lol... when i set my mind to something, i know i can accomplish it.  it may take a few headaches but when you figure something out, it feels great.

don't be afraid of the drop stitch! i lurve it, myself Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gizmonic
CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2008 07:33:20 PM »

myklia, lovely goodies you sent out to your MYB swap partner.  Cool  The sushi stitch markers are a hoot!  Very nice job. Smiley  Oh, and the washcloths ain't half bad, either!  Wink Smiley

Kbauer, a little shout-out to ya! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224873.msg2435529#msg2435529

WCX, wishing you a smooth and (hopefully) pain-free recuperation.  Vicodin is a wonderful thing, isn't it?!  (I took once it when I wrecked my ankle about 6 years ago.)  Perhaps it's a good thing for you to lay down the pointy stix for a bit while you recoup -- we don't want you to be charged w/a KUI (knitting under the influence)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
gizmonic
CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2008 07:40:38 PM »

So I haven't looked at the first page patterns for some time.  You totally rock WCX!!!!! 

I concur.  WCX deserves beaucoup credit!
 \m/

Though I swear, once I am done with the cloths for aunt and my swaps, I will do the garterlac. 

Let me know when you're ready to start-alac the garterlac  Cheesy  I'll work on it too.  Don't want my 'lac skills to get rusty! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2008 07:47:00 PM »

myklia, lovely goodies you sent out to your MYB swap partner.  Cool  The sushi stitch markers are a hoot!  Very nice job. Smiley  Oh, and the washcloths ain't half bad, either!  Wink Smiley

Kbauer, a little shout-out to ya! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224873.msg2435529#msg2435529

WCX, wishing you a smooth and (hopefully) pain-free recuperation.  Vicodin is a wonderful thing, isn't it?!  (I took once it when I wrecked my ankle about 6 years ago.)  Perhaps it's a good thing for you to lay down the pointy stix for a bit while you recoup -- we don't want you to be charged w/a KUI (knitting under the influence)  Grin

Giz, right back atcha! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224873.0

Oh, and the KUI cracked me up!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
WitchCatXeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2008 01:18:23 AM »

lol... KUI! i love it... needed a good laugh :-p

actually i've been working on my roomie's scarf and the drop stitch cloth and working on linking even MORE patterns on the official blog.  and thinking of making some icon/graphic/button things for the KAL...  so i think i'm starting to feel better today! Smiley

oh, forget to mention... those spiral cloths i made... i finally got around to trying one in the shower.  its the PERFECT shower scrubber.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WitchCatXeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2008 02:49:00 AM »

Okay all, I've finally got around to playing with some graphics for this KAL so you can put them up on your blog or website and link back to either the Craftster post or the official KAL blog.  It doesn't matter which.

If you have any photos/phrases or want to make your own, that would be groovy! I'll see what I can do with them Smiley

Here's the page where I have them posted (well, one for now) http://www.resirem.com/knitcloths08/?page_id=18

I'm going to see about making an icon next...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2008 06:28:22 PM »

Wow, everyone's made such pretty cloths. I really need to get my butt in gear. I'll see if I can put up pics of some I did in January.
If any of you are on ravelry, there are some really nice dishcloth patterns there. I'll go look up some links.
Happy February everyone!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=105640&cat=500&ppuser=45387
Well, the picture thing didn't work right, but I think at least you can see them. (I'm computer-retarded, in case you couldn't tell)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 06:35:21 PM by casmir » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2008 06:52:52 PM »

Awesome dishcloths Casmir!!!  Now I want links to the snoopy pattern and that green thing pattern.  I am on Ravelry, but I haven't had really any time to explore it.  I am myklia there as well.  I haven't really done anything yet.  I'll have time in March to really explore it and maybe get some things posted myself.  Now I want to get on to see what dishcloths they have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2008 06:53:30 PM »

Awww, casmir!  Love Snoopy...and the Frankenstein is a scream!  Cute heart...just in time for Valentine's Day.

Here are three of my diagonal garter ridge cloths made for a swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Glass Art
The Art of Turkish Quilting
The Art of Kilim Weaving and Miniature Painting
The Art of Glass and Ceramic Tile Painting
The Art of Turkish Ebru
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...