A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Knit Cloth-along  (Read 71318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2008 03:10:30 PM »

Great Garterlac mooshie!!!

I have given up writing my own pattern for now.  I am going to do the oak leaf dishcloth for my swap partner.  I was thinking about the garterlac for her, but seeing as I have never done anything like that before, I 'm not sure if I'll have the patience for it this weekend.  I would like to send to her tomorrow if possible (no later than the 22nd though).  This is the last thing I have to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2008 03:38:02 PM »

I LOVE the garterlac. I may need to put that on my list. Is it terribly difficult?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2008 08:38:19 AM »

thanks for the comments! Smiley

garterlac is actually very easy! you pick up and knit stitches along the previous row, and continue to knit as directed.  I was intimidated at first too, but once I picked up the stitches the first time I was wondering what I'd been afraid of.  it's fun to do!  just don't try to do it while talking on the phone (ask me how I kow this  Wink ).  with ther garterlac not really having a "right" or "wrong" side it can be confusing as to which direction you're going if you're not paying attention.  makes me think that entrelac would be easier to keep track of? 

can't wait to see more garterlac cloths! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2008 09:23:57 AM »

Will try! I've never picked up stitches, so it will be a learning experience, but I shall be a "fearless knitter" this year.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2008 11:01:29 AM »

I tried the garterlac before I attempted entrelac, and I firmly believe that having the garterlac knowledge made learning entrelac much easier. Entrelac is the same as garterlac, except that you purl on the "wrong side."

A little tip for picking up stitches...use a crochet hook. I use a size 0 crochet hook & it's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2008 05:16:53 PM »

oh, I guess I didn't realize that these were all new and different from the ones in last years KAL.  I only got like 3 different patterns done last year, and I printed off about a dozen patterns that I didn't get to.  can I still play with last years patterns? or do I have to switch to the new ones?

Thanks for the question.  I answered it on my first post and added a TON of new patterns! I've not even scratched the surface of pattern links Smiley

Basically, you can knit any pattens you like, even if they're in a book you bought or its your own.  I'm just providing the links for those who aren't real internet savvy and can't find them on their own.  knittingpatterncentral.com has nothing on me *snicker*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2008 05:22:32 PM »

knittingpatterncentral.com has nothing on me *snicker*

You got that right, WCX!  You rock the dishcloth lists!!!   Grin 

BTW, I started to make the Grrr cloth.  Sheesh!  The loops drove me crazy.  I frogged it and if I don't find another way to make the loops, it may never get done.

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2008 05:29:22 PM »

There's the pinwheels I've made so far! I was thinking of coming up with my own name for them, since I haven't seen anybody else make them.  *shrug*  These are highly addicting to make, as you can see.  I've been on a mission to make one from every color of yarn I have.  I have a white one that's been serving as a cozy for my Waterpik.  I haven't tried it on dishes or in the shower yet.  There's prolly countless ways to tweak that pattern to make it your own.

A somewhat close-up.  It somehow came unraveled in my purse O.o But check out the cool swirl pattern.

BTW, I started to make the Grrr cloth.  Sheesh!  The loops drove me crazy.  I frogged it and if I don't find another way to make the loops, it may never get done.

I had a bit of trouble doing that too.  I looked up a video on how to do the loops on knittinghelp.com but instead of using my thumb (is that what she does? can't remember) I used my index or middle finger... can't remember which....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2008 05:41:32 PM »

Great circular cloths!  Very lovely in all the different colors.  For the new cloth makers in our group...a good blocking will make them all lie flat. 

I'm not giving up on Grrr!  I'm just going to find another way to make the loops.  I'll check out the knittinghelp.com.

Thanks WCX!
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2008 05:46:01 PM »

Hi everyone! Can I still join y'all? I was bitten by the dishcloth bug last fall and made lots as gifts for people. However, I still don't know how to post pictures even though I've been on here for awhile. Can someone help me?
Okay, back to page one to check out the patterns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Off Fabric Paints
How to Make an Opaque Glass Painting
How to Paint a Wine Glass
How to Apply Transparent Glass Paints
How to Gather Glass Painting Supplies
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...