A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bento Swap Gallery  (Read 15910 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zoster.i

addicted lurker...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2008 09:38:09 AM »

Where did you find talking finger puppets? Or did you get the talking parts from somewhere else like Build a Bear? What is the stretchy material in it?

Thanks katatsumuli! The finger puppets came with the sound boxes in them, and I was lucky enough to find them in the Dollarama! And for the elastic, I just used 1/2 a head band for each.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008 01:24:35 PM by zoster.i - Reason: spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2008 07:47:44 PM »

SENT!  I'm sooooo excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
radiationbaby

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2008 08:11:14 PM »

RECEIVED!  I don't have photos yet, but i'll try to get them up by midnight.
I actually gave Orrkid a gift that she gave me...what are the odds of that???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
plumpossum
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2008 04:21:18 AM »

Oh, I can't wait to see what it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

radiationbaby

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2008 06:08:14 AM »

Oh my gosh, I feel so spoiled!
LOOK AT THIS BOOTY!!
(I'm sorry that the photos are low quality; I had to post ASAP, so I couldn't wait for daylight)

Geisha bags, a purple star bag, and a pretty pink bag with a pond embroidered onto it and a turtle patch.

Adorable cookie cutters, nori punches, snacks, orange slice ice cube tray, silicone cups, ceramic bowl and spoon set (with a little boat for mah spoon), heart shaped food picks, various snackies, mixing spoon for rice, and TOTORO BAG.

ZOOM in on THE bag.

Check out some of those snacks!

The final appearance of the awesome Totoro bag.  Jealous?  I know I am!

Orrkid, you are amazing!  I'm so worried now....especially since I have to mail the forgotten bit...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008 06:15:16 AM by radiationbaby - Reason: aporogies » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

Mah Wists
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2008 03:18:30 PM »

Somewhere in there, there should be a rainbow magnet to hold recipes on your fridge. Or at least that's the idea, but you can use it however you want! I think it was in the pink bag. Perler bead magnets are notoriously fragile, so I hope it got there in one piece!

I can't wait to get mine, especially to see what we both got each other! Going to go check now!!

Update: Got it!! I'll post as soon as I can! ^_^
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008 05:00:27 PM by Orrkid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
radiationbaby

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2008 10:09:45 PM »

I put the magnet on my fridge already--I love it!  It looks like a necklace I saw somewhere on Crafstah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

Mah Wists
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2008 06:30:05 AM »

Everything is so well done!!  Please let me know when the next round is - KAWAIIII!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2008 06:52:09 PM »

I love my stuff! Grin Thanks, Radiationbaby!

Okay, first off is a cool bag:

And another shot (what is this fabric?!) with a horrible glare:

Some cute charms! Well, okay, they're much better-looking in person, sorry for the horrendous photograph. One was broken when it got here. Cry It took me a while, but the red one is tsukimi udon, isn't it? I'm right, aren't I? Smiley I mean, how clever is that to make a charm of one of the recipes she provided me with!

And some containers and an oshibori (cloth for washing your hands):

Oh, how I adore these containers! ^_^ These are the kinds of things I dream about, but never give in to the temptation to buying them, because if I did, my apartment would be overrun with them!! Thank you!!

Ah, and here is what Radiationbaby was laughing about - this is what we both got each other! And the thing that makes it even funnier is that I have these already...I'd bought them a few months back when I started making bentos. I laughed so hard when I saw them! So now if we have another round (and you can bet I'm in!), I'm all set for one thing. ^_^

Another shot of the molds - ah, I forgot to mention - in Radiationbaby's letter, she said they could function as dividers. I'd never thought of that. A cow-shaped cup - how cute!:

And by far the bestest ever - recipe cards! And not just your average recipe cards, either...these had art on them! I can't draw, so my eyes nearly popped at these drawings - they look like they were done with a black pen and some markers and colored pencils, but look super fabulous! Ah, to be able to draw...

I am trying to get the other images edited for posting, but it's going to take a while. I'd like to share all the recipe cards with everyone, if you don't mind, Radiationbaby. They're so cool!

Oh, one other thing - I've been looking for years for a recipe for okonomiyaki that doesn't include ingredients not easily found in your local grocery store. There was one in my package! I grinned all the way from my mailbox, across the courtyard, up the stairs, and while I was slicing the tape on the box, and it just kept getting bigger as I pulled more and more things out! Well, until I hit the recipe cards, that is - then my mouth fell open!

Ah, sorry to be so free with the exclamation marks, but by golly I'm excited about this stuff! I must start planning bento boxes right away. Smiley

And one final thing (until I get some more photos up)...as hard as I laughed at the ice cream sandwich molds, I nearly died laughing when I saw your pictures, Radiationbaby. I was amazed that we both had the same green cube organizer...and then I realized that in my excitement to ship stuff off, I'd completely forgotten to take it out of the box! Good thing I don't need it, I rarely use it. Smiley After I stopped laughing, I cringed because you can see the horrible dust on it - you can tell how long it'd been since I last used it. But oh, I laughed so hard at that. Enjoy it for me! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
katatsumuli
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2008 10:35:17 PM »

Radiationbaby and Orrkid, your packages are both so awesome, especially for having sent each other the same thing...this really was a psychic pairs swap Grin.

Orrkid: [I want to see the bag with the pond embroidered on...] the Totoro is really cute Cheesy, and I'm seriously astounded by your metric butt-ton of stuff (and that none of it broke, nice packing) XD. I think I have that orange slice tray. When I put mine in the freezer it exuded oil or something though O_o. Really creepy. I hope it doesn't do that. How are the recipes?

Radiationbaby: Your bag does have really gorgeous fabric. That shape looks like a Japanese pine leaf, one of the "three friends of winter" (was it four?). I guess it's really a flower though. Where'd you find the cute boxes? The recipe cards look awesome; I love drawn-on stuff like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Delicious Chinese BBQ Pork on the Grill
How to Make a Fiery Asian Boneless Pork Loin on a BBQ Grill
How to Make Korean Style Hot Dogs
How to Make Sweet and Sticky Spareribs with Indian Spices
Best-Ever Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...