A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bento Swap Gallery  (Read 18605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starlawill
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008 10:15:34 AM »

yeah how crazy is that! i've never used the silverware. i'm seriously gonna be using this silverware every chance i get just to show off how purty they are.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plumpossum
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008 01:36:32 PM »

Hey everyone-

I just got my package from Guin (yay for first time swappers!) I haven't even finished opening it all the way but started cracking up immediately.

We sewed items out of the SAME EXACT FABRIC.  OMG I am dying about this.   Shocked Grin

Ok, I am going to continue opening my package now and post photos.

Edited to add:

Guin sent me a fantastic group of stuff!  Int he background is a HUGE furoshiki (which I knew absolutely nothing about until she sent it, and now I think I may have seen them before) along with a guide to folding furoshiki.  This is so exciting and it's big enough to use for all my bentos, and I cannot wait to use it!  I also got two sets of really pretty chopsticks, a recipe for quiche, some dried cherries, a bunch of little cookie cutters, two cloth napkins, some pocky, some gummies (which I've already gotten into) and some of that silly plastic separator grass which I have wanted for a very, very long time. 

Thanks Guin, you rock!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008 01:52:48 PM by plumpossum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

katatsumuli
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008 05:09:40 PM »

We sewed items out of the SAME EXACT FABRIC.  OMG I am dying about this.   Shocked Grin

Wow, this swap really is full of psychic twins  Grin. That's some beautiful fabric, too. Did you buy it in the same place?

Guin, did you make the cloth napkins too? They're such professional squares I can't tell. (And those folding instructions look really good. If you didn't make those, can I ask where you got them? Those patterns look so cool.)

Where are the cookie cutters? (Those little tiny ones are especially addictive, aren't they.) Are they inside turquoise rectangle is in the middle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
plumpossum
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008 05:53:20 PM »

yep- the cookie cutters are a bear, noah's ark, giraffe, elephant, horse, lion (i think...), and star.  I LOVE cookie cutters.

I'm almost positive she made the napkins herself- they are sewn extremely well.

I got my fabric at Jo-Ann, she probably did too.  I haven't gotten to ask her yet!  I'm so excited about wrapping up my lunch all fancy tomorrow!  I don't know where she got the instructions for various wrapping techniques, but the bottom of the page has something about stopping global warming on it.  I hope she will pop on later and share the link with everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008 06:30:50 AM »

ooh! my tracking numbers says that my package to absurdannekuh arrived! woot! maybe she'll post some pictures soon. if not, i took lots Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
Guin

Hey, there's a lemon behind that rock!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008 07:00:40 AM »

Glad you like it, plumpossum!  Grin
I did make the napkins and I did get my fabric at JoAnn's (plus I got extra because it's so cute - I'm thrilled about getting surprises made from it! squee!)

I hope the furoshiki isn't too gigantic - I was following directions from http://mathomhouse.typepad.com/mommy_cooks/2007/03/furoshiki.html. It describes furoshikis and how to make them.

The folding instructions come from Japan's Environmental Department (http://www.env.go.jp/en/focus/attach/060403-5.pdf). They're trying to encourage people to use furoshiki for general wrapping and transport to protect the environment. I had to adjust the image because I don't think any printer has that much green toner/ink.

BTW, just need to say: litchi gummis are addictive. I tried one when I got them for plumpossum's package and had to go buy my own bag. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plumpossum
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008 07:23:18 AM »

They are addictive!  They're just mildly sweet, just enough to make me nosh on them unconsciously.

The furoshiki isn't too gigantic, I even wrapped my tiny bentos in it as practice.  It's so much fun!

And the pocky was gone within an hour of it being opened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008 08:42:39 AM »

all of the kasugai gummy's are really addictive! they don't make my teeth hurt like normal gummy's do which is nice Cheesy my personal favorite are the orange ones though :3

although i really enjoy hi-chew, konpieto, and the various different kinds of kit-kats in addition to the gummys .... mmmm now i want some candy,... D:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
starlawill
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008 09:19:15 AM »

ooooo...i've been DYING to get my hands on the different flavored kit kats. anyone know where i can get some?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

centrallyisolated
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008 10:23:40 AM »

Yay, I got my swap package from starlawill in the mail today, and it's soooo amazing!!  I'm eating some of it right now as we speak Smiley  I have to dash up to campus now, but I'll post pics later on tonight.  Thanks starlawill, you were an amazing swap partner!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vietnamese Steak and Asparagus Salad Recipe
Spider Roll Recipe
Rainbow Roll Recipe
Chakin Sushi Recipe
Insari Sushi Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...