A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Utah Crafter Meetup??  (Read 5456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 06, 2008 05:17:13 AM »

Is anyone interested in doing a meetup?  I would love some new crafty friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HeatherJuneYoung
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008 04:20:18 PM »

where are you at?
i am in provo.
there arent too many crafty friends here ( sad face)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
defweezard
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008 08:39:51 PM »

I'm in Provo too. I need friends who dont suck and like to craft!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherJuneYoung
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008 01:19:22 AM »

i totally know what you mean!
so where do you live here in Provo, i live in Glenwood by the  BYU stadium.

so what are your crafts.

heather
THIS ROCKS   Logged
defweezard
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008 09:51:19 AM »

i live off of center street. i like to do almost anything. i'm a graphic design major at UVSC (soon to be UVU). I've been desperately searching for a place to learn to do stained glass. But really, I craft anything and everything. I can't be left alone in a room with scissors and glue. It's true. I have a problem. I admit it.
Melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherJuneYoung
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008 07:49:57 PM »

yay!
i do jewlery and  scrapbooking and those things.
i am wanting to learn new things.
where do you learn stained glass maybe we could find a place?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
defweezard
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008 10:58:51 PM »

I took a jewelry class once but I didnt ever finish it cause I kinda clashed with the teacher, but let me tell you... I LOVED working with the torch and melting solder and stuff. I dont know if that's the kind of jewelry you do. I nearly cut my finger off with a jewelers saw once. I dont recommend that.
And scrapbooking.... loads of fun. My mom used to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I would design her stamp camp projects for her ladies. Fun Fun Fun.
I dont know where to do stained glass around here. I've been searching continuing ed classes at various schools along the wasatch front and only kinda came up with one but they only do 1 on 1 instead of full classes. I'm sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherJuneYoung
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008 03:11:04 PM »

yea that is sad. i understand the jewlery class thing, i had the same problem, i didnt like our teacher, at all.
i took a class at UVSC in september, and it was one of the hardest classes to get into, i love jewlery but i hated the class because the teacher didnt know what he was doing. it really isnt the type of jewlery i do. but i am starting to work with metals, just wire for now and i am working my way up.
anywho is there anything else you would like to learn, i really want to learn something new with my jewlery. one thing i am looking for is how to do little picture frames ( with out buying them if i can) since i think they may have discontinued the ones that i like to use, but i dont know)  i want to make picture frame bracelets for my mom and my grandma for mothers day.
anyways that is what i am working on right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
defweezard
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008 02:08:01 PM »

that sounds pretty cool. one of my sisters-in-law is big into beads and jewelry stuff. she makes some really awesome things. i want to make a really cool collar for my cat cause she's my sweetie pie. it would still have to be the kind that breaks away if it gets snagged though. i guess i could take apart an old one that does that and reuse the break away clasp, huh? does feline jewelry fall under your expertise?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HeatherJuneYoung
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008 01:47:21 PM »

i can make anything.
do you have a breakaway clasp, because if you have that i could make it anyway you want, because that is the important part.
let me know what you would like and i will see what i could come up with, with the materials that i currently have.
yesterday i made a necklace and earrings out of beads that i made from the roses that i got sent for valentines day, i have yet to post it because i cant figure out how to work the pictures on here.
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hottest Swimsuit Trends For Your Body Type: What To Wear
Summer 2014 Wardrobe Staple: Denim
Charlize Theron Looks Stunning in an LBD
A Prom Dress That Will Makes You Shine with Hollywood Glam
Picking a Simple Dress with a Major Wow Factor
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...