A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hoof boots  (Read 2007 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tantrum
« on: January 07, 2005 11:15:58 AM »

kay, check it out. I'm going to make a pony outfit/costume. I'll use falls for the mane and tail and i would love to have a pair of hoof boots. The only ones i've seen for sale are on a bondage/ leather site for way too much money.http://www.water-hole.com/photos/customwork/rearhoof07.jpg There was also some really ugly "human pony gear." What ever floats your boat, but you would never catch me in that rubber, leather, rings and stuff. The only time i've ever seen that look remotely good was on a seven foot drag queen.
But i digress, does anyone have any ideas for making boots with a horse shoe front and the heel support hidden by fringe. I'm not a wood worker or anything.
I'm thinking of altering a pair of boots- but how to make the horse shoe. Or does anyone know a site to buy raw shoe materials from? Like, just the soles and heels and stuff.
thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we resist our passions, it is more through their weakness than from our strength"
monstergirl
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005 01:06:21 PM »

This won't be much help, but I saw a performance of "Eqqus" a few years back, and the actors who dressed like horses wore smallish stilt-like things where the bottom was a hoof, with a little bracing to the foot, and their shoe sat in the top of it. It lifted them maybe 7" off the ground (remember, they were on stage, and per the play needed to be *large*), and most of the 'shoe' was covered with their pantleg, so you could mostly only see the hoof.

Maybe you could get round- or square-toed shoes with a platform heel, do the front hoof-like and have your pants or whatever drape down over the back? You could staple the back fabric to the heel to keep it close and keep from tripping on it...

Or you could google for Eqqus costuming and theatrical performances and see if you get any ideas there. Good luck!

**oh: and if you're under 18, get freaked out by psychological issues, or are one of those fussy types, I'd reccomend NOT looking into Eqqus. But if you're not any of those above, check it out. It's a serious mind-twist, and fantastic!

peace
monstergirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moefen
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005 09:26:17 PM »

Ok, not quite anatomically correct, but John Fluevog makes some kickass knee high boots with split "hoof" heels.  They are called Grand National, but are quite pricey...

Another thought, don't use real horseshoes on the bottom.  They would be incredibly slippery for walking on anything except grass and dirt

M
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monstergirl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005 08:00:58 AM »

Totally OT, but I'm giggling madly imagining someone in a pair of fantastic self-made hoof-shoes, with someone following with two hollow coconuts, a la Monty Python's "The Holy Grail". LOL!

peace
mg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Finding The Perfect Red Dress To Fit Your Body Type
Style Guide: Tartan Trousers
DIY: Two-Tone Oxfords in One Step!
The Hottest Show Trends From New York Fashion Week
Fashion Week Detail Camera: Winter Wear - Fall 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...