A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,520
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Possible wedding colors.... opinions pretty please!  (Read 1675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laneybug
« on: January 05, 2008 07:25:08 PM »

Hi all  Smiley

I'd really like your opinions about the wedding colors I'm thinking of. The light blue in the picture (on the box) is pretty much the color of my dress. I want to add some ribbon to it and I'm stuck on which color. The red or the light green. I like all the colors together, but I'm still stuck. I'd love to know if you think any of these colors work together and which ones work the best. Thank you so much!!

Oh, and my wedding will be held outside in June. So that's why I'm trying to give a more springy feel to my colors as well.

(sorry for the link... still haven't figured out the whole picture hosting with craftster thing!)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 10:35:14 AM by jungrrl - Reason: added picture(s) to post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoxOfRocks
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008 08:30:26 PM »

I think the green works better with the blue.  You can use the red as an accent color on other items--ribbon on favors, etc.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 10:35:05 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
spydyrgrrl

off-kilter crafter. anthropologist. milspouse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008 08:34:04 PM »

I love the blue w/the red.  It's an unusual combination.. The green and blue together are pretty, but expected.  I guess it depends on how unique you hope to be.   It may be easier to coordinate with the blue and green, but I think the red and blue is a striking combination.  Just my $.02! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smart cannibals don't eat brains.
MarysMom
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008 08:52:23 PM »

Ive seen a LOT of weddings with the blue and the green. It does look nice but like someone said it is expected.

I am biased though aqua and red just happen to be my favorite color combo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maddiemoos
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008 11:02:20 PM »

I love that blue with the true red, depends on the time of year.  A summer wedding, or winter even, would be great for those colors.  Beautiful, and so many flower options!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laneybug
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008 08:20:15 AM »

Thanks for the replies! I live in a house of all boys, and, as you can imagine, they don't give much hoot about color combinations.  Cheesy

I've been tossing around the aqua blue and red. When I saw that blue box with the red ribbon, I just thought that was amazing together. And, you're right, totally unexpected. I'm a fairly unexpected kind of girl, and I certainly don't want to be boring or usual with the same ol' green & blue.

Our wedding is going to be June 7, so it's a spring wedding. And, it'll be outside. Very informal and fairly simple. I think you all are right... the blue and red should go well with a spring wedding.

I do like that little hint of green with the aqua blue and red. So, with those two primary colors, I might throw some green in here and there.

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud now Grin... so thank you all for your opinions! I really needed them to get me in the right direction (yes, I know, I need more girlfriends!) I'm gonna go with the aqua blue and true red!  Cheesy Now I can start really planning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raina

I'm up for personal swaps.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008 10:38:16 AM »

i too am muchos biased, as red and aqua are my favourites too! and someday when i get married i want them to be my colours, so please let me live vicariously through you and use those heavenly shades together! i'm here if you need any ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website | Blog | Etsy | Wists.

I have beading supplies and various other supplies to swap for cute fabric. I'm in Canada.
foreversandals
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008 11:00:15 AM »

Do the red and blue!

Those two colors are what we did for my bridesmaids' dresses. [Well my sister/maid of honor had a white ribbon]
It looked so nice. We pulled the red into flowers to tied it together with the rest of the wedding.

Here's a pic of my sister trying on one of the dresses pre-getting-taken-up. Sorry she looks like a dork, but it shows the colors and the dress nicely. They had them hemmed up to tea length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008 11:05:32 AM »

i'm so in love with the red and blue.  i can't wait to see what you do with your colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008 09:52:04 PM »

I really like the red and blue combo on the package, but I'm not sure how it would look on your wedding dress.  It's cute on the bride's maid there, though.  I really like blue and green together. I think you could do either one and it would look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Modern Hollywood Pin Curls
How to Manage Winter Hair with Organic Products
Tress Trends of 2010
How to Make Your Hair Sparkle
Hot Celeb Winter Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...