Random Title, I know. I'm a random girl!
I made a delicious new pillow cover for our master Bedroom. We are transitioning to a chocolate brown and turquoise color scheme (from Burgundy and black). We've wanted to do it for a few years, but I figure re-doing an entire room shouldn't be done more than every 5 years, or it can be wasteful. Times up!
Before, a velvety burgundy pillow.
Cut some brown fabric:
(one piece to size, another several inches longer, for an overlapping pocket)
Find all your pretty trims:
Cut them to the right length:
Then, ask your husband if there are any he DOESN'T like, and remove those.
Start sewing stuff on!
(oops, a bit crooked so far....I covered it up later though). Kristie and her Grandma would be disappointed that I didn't measure and pin!
I used some Turquoise tulle here, it worked GREAT for extra sheen under the ribbons!
When done, trim to size, hem the back flaps, pin right sides together, and voila!
Backside (needs to be ironed, oops!): and a Random EDGE shot:
And, a scan, for the button detail! (and my wonky stitching).
A lovely cushy pretty, OOAK pillow. It's not entirely cozy, but it's intended to be a pretty one, not a comfy one.