A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My pet Swap (sign up's 1/4/08-1/15/08) Send out's 2/15/08  (Read 30851 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2008 01:12:01 PM »

Sign up and sendout dates are in the topic title. If you only want to swap with someone with 1 pet, you'll have a month to craft the few items listed in the first post of this topic (I forget how many it is).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2008 01:18:07 PM »

Rodent or not, its irrelevant to my post. Doesn't really change what types of crafts you plan for them does it? Unless you were going to include lettuce & broccoli in your craft, which isn't likely.

I was just trying to be helpful- no need to nitpick rudely.

I would like to say I'm Sorry.  It's just when you have an animal that is widely misunderstood and one you have to fight for the legal right to own sometimes you can get very defensive.  But actually you do craft very differently for them.  I have owned both.  Much of what people use for a rodent is dangerous for a ferret.  Like bedding, pine and cedar chips are a respiratory hazard.  Clay litter is a respiratory hazard.  Ferrets are susceptible to the common cold.  Exercise balls the large plastic ones you close a rodent up into are dangerous if you close the door.  Rodent treats can cause digestive issues.   Mine love to chase balls but nothing they can chew through.

So I am sorry if I seem rude.  But for some of us our pets are a very sensitive subject.  Especially after you have to restore the health of one you have pulled from an owner who did think they were just a rodent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2008 01:19:05 PM »

As posted on the first page:
The size of the items you send out will be determined by 1) the number of pets the person has and 2) will be between you and your partner. At the very least you must send 3 items. (example: I have 3 jack russells, so whoever crafts for me can make 3 things for my puppies and if they want to spoil me more, I wouldn't mind Cheesy) If you have any questions, please PM me. Also, this is VERY important! Please post a picture of your pet on this thread so we know who we are crafting for. This is even more important! You MUST communicate with your partner concerning size of the craft item.

You'll have about a month to accomplish this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008 01:21:39 PM by Hollistercobabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2008 01:33:18 PM »

Screw it I signed up. I was just worried because I really don't think I could craft for 3 dogs in one month. Ain't gonna happen! Since I'm kinda new at doing all these new crafts I'd prefer to have someone with one pet or two small ones. YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
loopylamb
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2008 02:00:01 PM »

How did I miss this swap before? I've never done two swaps at once before, but my furballs are the loves of my life (with apologies to my SO) and I'm so in if there's a spot left!
The furts, Duncan and Evey

THIS ROCKS   Logged

doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2008 02:07:55 PM »

They are so cute loopylamb!

I can't wait to get started on this!!!    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2008 02:22:17 PM »

I was trying to find some photos of my puppies...here's one from another craftster swap, Little Visitor...

I can't wait to start for this one!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2008 02:40:24 PM »

Screw it I signed up. I was just worried because I really don't think I could craft for 3 dogs in one month. Ain't gonna happen! Since I'm kinda new at doing all these new crafts I'd prefer to have someone with one pet or two small ones. YAY!

I'm glad you signed up. You're gonna be great! Like Hollistercobabe said, you have a month so you should be fine. 

OMG! More cuteness! The "furts" are so sweet. I love their little noses and the Dalmations are to die for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2008 02:58:58 PM »

NICE chin! What an adorable face. She looks like she has good color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2008 03:38:05 PM »

Rodent or not, its irrelevant to my post. Doesn't really change what types of crafts you plan for them does it? Unless you were going to include lettuce & broccoli in your craft, which isn't likely.

I was just trying to be helpful- no need to nitpick rudely.

I would like to say I'm Sorry.  It's just when you have an animal that is widely misunderstood and one you have to fight for the legal right to own sometimes you can get very defensive.  But actually you do craft very differently for them.  I have owned both.  Much of what people use for a rodent is dangerous for a ferret.  Like bedding, pine and cedar chips are a respiratory hazard.  Clay litter is a respiratory hazard.  Ferrets are susceptible to the common cold.  Exercise balls the large plastic ones you close a rodent up into are dangerous if you close the door.  Rodent treats can cause digestive issues.   Mine love to chase balls but nothing they can chew through.

So I am sorry if I seem rude.  But for some of us our pets are a very sensitive subject.  Especially after you have to restore the health of one you have pulled from an owner who did think they were just a rodent.

I do know what you mean. One of my babies (not in this swap) came from a home with smokers, she had fleas, and was so horridly malnourished. She's specail though being deaf and she doesn't get along well with the three in the swap. (she's older and grouchy.) He brother (in my av) was like that when we got him and the lady who owned them had no idea what was wrong with him let alone the money to care for him. We had to put him down last year. Sad

Loopylamb- Your babies are so cute! I love the picture of them sleeping! Too sweet! How'd you sneak that pic? Anytime I'm near the cage mine wake up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cambodian Coconut Shrimp Sandwich
How to Make Kimchi Pancakes and Butterscotch Apples
How to Make Vietnamese-Inspired Kim Family Wraps
How to Make Spicy Korean Pan-Fried Pork and Oreo Smores
Asian Hot Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...