A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,784
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 30 Gallery  (Read 22843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008 09:26:26 PM »

Wow, oh wow, did KittyVegas spoil me or what?!?

After a somewhat busy day, I arrive home and see my package from KittyVegas. I rip open the packaging, squeal like a little girl, and throw these bad boys on my feet!

Aren't they gorgeous! They're my first pair of handknit socks and I am smitten!

First of all, I really like the colors and pattern. They've got some style to them, but they're still subdued enough that I can wear them with lots of different clothes.

Second, KV's stitches are sooo neat and tidy. I keep looking at the socks hoping that someday my stitches will look this good! (And let's not even discuss the day that I might actually try to knit a sock...)

Third, the fit is a dream! I apparently have thick calves/ankles and every single pair of socks I've ever owned or tried on leave marks around my calves or ankles. This pair, though, is nice and loose at the top (as you can see in picture 2). The yarn and stitching is tight enough (not quite the right wording, but I think you know what I mean) that the socks stay up by themselves - they don't need the top to be tight to hold the socks up. It's so nice to not have socks cutting into my skin, and my hubby is so happy for me - he hates that all my socks are so tight that I have impressions in my legs for an hour.   Tongue

I am sooooooo geeked right now and do not want to take these puppies off!

KittyVegas, thank you so, so, so much for my socks!

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008 10:52:46 AM »

Those are incredibly gorgeous socks.  I am very jealous.  Especially since it is
-40C today and my feet are freezing. 

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008 11:01:38 AM »

it's -5F here, which works out to -20C

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008 12:47:41 PM »

I received two packages today!!!

from gatheredthreads, some nature themed papers...she totally spoiled me with the fat stack! also in there were some die-cut letters and some camping themed stuff!

excuse the kinda wanky picture....photographing paper apparently is a challenge.

AND from dragonflyducky, some super yummy handmade soaps...in scents of apricot-freisa, green tea, blueberry, lemongrass, and orange-lavender. The apricot one is my favorite..but they all smell so good!

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008 08:54:45 PM »

I received an awesome package of papers and Blythe clothes from gatheredthreads yesterday.

Mr. Vegas is already trying to steal some of the papers. Thank you for such a great package gatheredthreads.

Honey Forever Vintage Etsy
Monthly Dotee-Oct
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008 10:19:05 PM »

I always forget to look at the gallery for so long..wow 3 awesome pages already, we're so talented lol!

I got nicely spoiled by Asphalt Queen! I couldn't figure out who the package was from first (I'm not really the type to read the card first!) 'cause she gave me some great extras, I was like, who was sending me a scarf? It's knit, and in bright colors (so need that right now in dreary old portland!) And great knitting and scrap booking books! But I figured it out when I found the awesome black and white pics! I love them so much, especially the greek god statue! And the most amazing ephemera, I am so excited! Several bags full of great goodies!

Thanks so much Asphalt Queen!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008 10:20:41 PM by maremare312 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/19

~The 2015 Quiltalong! is up and chugging along! Come join us!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008 07:06:57 AM »

Glad you liked everything, maremare - I had fun putting it all together!   Wink

rambunctiously soft-spoken

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008 02:22:16 PM »

Glad you liked everything, maremare - I had fun putting it all together!   Wink

I got some of those photos in a round of StS, and they look so great in person! 

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008 02:25:05 PM »

Wonderful stuff in this gallery so far.  And now I get to add to it.  This morning I received from Grieney who claimed me for embroidery floss, polymer clay and sheet music.  Behold the goodness!

The floss and clay are wonderful and I love them, but the music is beyond amazing.  The Requiem is one of my favourite pieces ever.  and the Tschaikowsky was a birthday present to "Mamma" from Marty, Bud & Bob in 1941.  Love it!  I really need to get someone to move my piano to the new house now!  Thanks so much Grieney.  Now that I have your address I may show up on your doorstep some day and force you to take me to that bookstore.   Wink

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
easily distracted

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008 06:18:22 PM »

Farmgirljane received from me and asked if I would post pictures:

some pin backs, trims, and sewing supplies.

And some stenciled onesies for her little craftster to be.  Hee! I love baby things.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seasoned Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Cheddar Steak Sandwich Recipe
Basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Fresh Fried Corn Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...