A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: rant about lack of local knitting places.excuse the mess  (Read 433 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 03, 2008 06:51:35 PM »

Angry

I received a wee bit of money for CHRISTmas....I wanted new knitting goodies..

I went to my only local LYS, Wally world...

they only have the prepackaged cheap needles, and not all the sizes, 2 different sized circular needles, and yarn. that was about it.

I am so upset. I am so angry.

by the time I drove to the nearest LYS it would use up most my money and I wouldn't be able to buy anyway.

I am so mad

am I the ONLY knitter in northeast Alabama? I mean come on people. Surely not. They had all kind of crochet needles, and crochet books, but NOT KNITTING. Can you believe that?

I ask you to please forgive my rant. This is ugly I know. I just simply don't understand why no knitters love. I am upset for sure.

what do you knitters do when theres no local LYS & you don't have a credit card to buy on line?

stepping down off of my ranting box
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! Did you workout today???
adriennec
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008 07:55:17 PM »

I think Knitpicks does mail order for people in the US.  They have lots of great stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redwitch
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008 10:13:43 PM »

If they do this in my country I am sure you can do it in the States: buy a prepaid credit card thing like a gift voucher, useful for people who a) don't want to go through application etc. to have an account with fees just so they can buy things over the phone online or b) don't want to risk their credit card info online where it might be hacked and they might lose their whole limit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mnemosyne_LA
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008 10:47:32 PM »

If you have a bank account, you can pay Elann.com with PayPal, which you link directly to your checking or savings account.  Also, snoop around on the various popular websites:  KnitPicks will let you print out your order and mail in a check or money order, and they can't possibly be the only ones.  Try anyone with an 800 number (like Webs at yarn.com) and see if they'll let you mail an order in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008 08:00:18 AM »

all I can do is empathize with you.  granted I do have a bit more of a selection here than walmart, but Joanns, and Michaels really don't have the yarn selection, or magazine/book selection I wish for either, and dont get me started on the needle selection.  why can't they understand that not everyone likes straight needles?  I just wish for a real live LYS. but apparently Utah is a scrapbooking only state or something (I do love a good scrapbook store too though).  maybe there really is a yarn shop in my state, but I have yet to discover it. 

I agree with what the others have said.  there are ways to order online without a credit card.  thank goodness for E-commerce huh? luckily there are ways to get what we want even if it's not carried locally Smiley  just think back at those poor knitters 20 years ago b-4 the internet.  but I do hate waiting for shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Cyclops
How to Draw a Fish
How to Draw Spiderman
How to Draw Bea from Fish Hooks
How to Draw Oscar from Fish Hooks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...