A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,531
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Owl Swap Round 5 Gallery!  (Read 50355 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters , table_runner  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: March 03, 2008 08:33:33 PM »

You know, I'm a Martha. I plan on taking over the omnimedia empire in a few years...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2008 12:17:26 PM »

look what i got! talk about totally spoiled, this swap just did me in. i'm a-swim in deelicious owly stuff all over the house now, i'm in heaven!

first a totally amazing, snuggly, three shades of GREEN (which i love) owl lap blanket. i can't believe i have gotten something so big in a swap, i'm overwhemled. wow.
and a cool owl fabric lined pouch that will be going on our upcoming trip to my moms with special things in it  Wink like my owl hat and slippers from SAH perhaps? hmmm.

the pouch was STUFFED with goodies too, two machine embroidered patches that are WoW, a laminated book mark, the black and white owls (there is a stack of them there) are magnets that my little can colour in himself (he's very excited about this) and they all have different eyes which is so funny because that's what i sent too! and a colourful magnet that i really like, the pictures are so great. and her first ever polymer clay scuplture which is unbelievable because it's so good! oh, and a scrap of the owl fabric which will be going into my little girl's keep sake quilt for sure!

AND a stuffy for my little boy, stolen immediately by him so it's good that it was For him, ha ha. it's made of japanese sashiko fabric (i recognized that right away) and machine embroidered all over with gorgeous designs with the cutest eyes too.

they can both fight eachother for the goodies later, heh

there were some semi-precious carved stone beads of owls and bears that my little stole right away too, he adores little treasures like that. you should see his "treasure box" it would make any crafter drool!

thank you so much McLianne, i sure do hope i sent you enough stuff because i feel absolutely pampered to little bitty bits by this parcel. i can't say thank you enough!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 12:22:17 PM by MonkeyThumb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2008 12:49:06 PM »

wow! that is sweet stuff! That lap blanket rocks! Everything is great, but that is my favorite. Great job on everything you did mclianne. I'm going to have to snatch you up for myself if I ever organize another round  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fosca
« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2008 01:15:57 PM »

O.o I love the blanket! awesome stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahlan
« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2008 06:27:01 PM »

Ooooooh, such great goodies!

I love the blanket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://littlebluehen.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notahipster/

Better to fail at something you love than succeed at something you hate. - George Burns
mclianne

Don't sweat petty things... or pet sweaty things.

« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2008 07:38:22 PM »

First off, ADORABLE children!!  They are just beautiful...

Yay!  You like it, you really, really like it!  lol  I must confess, I didn't actually make the whole lap blanket.  I just appliqued the owl and put a backing of sorts on it.  And I am learning to sew, so don't look to closely at the wonky seams!

I felt a little funny sending you a flesh colored polymer clay owl.  But that was the only color I had to work with the night I decided to try working with clay.  I had bought it to try and make a face for a wooden clothespin doll and never gotten around to use it.  I was going to paint it, but decided to leave it and let you decide how to "embellish it".  I know, I wimped out!

"Japanese sashiko fabric"-  hmmm, and all this time I thought it was some kind of batik!  lol  Now I have to go google it and find out what it is...

Glad your little one liked his stuffie and the owls to color.  I tried to sew the eyes on extra well, knowing it was going to a house with little ones. 

Ok, good...  What a lovely swap this was.  I hope we do another one in a few months!  We had such great things in the gallery. 

Oh, and you almost didn't get the blanket.  My little ones loved it and wanted to keep it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

http://www.wists.com/mclianne
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2008 09:50:48 PM »

You guys are killing me with the cute kids! They are all so precious Smiley mclianne, goodness woman, you are a crafty goddess!

I plan on taking over the omnimedia empire in a few years...

Cheesy I would so love to do that I lust for all things Martha/Omnimedia. It's a sick obsession really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hangthedjay
« Reply #517 on: March 09, 2008 02:05:59 PM »

I'm posting pics of all the great swap goodies I got from Tuesday!

First, a fantastic collection of little owlies...they chill on my window by my couch and look at me all the time with their little button eyes. Nothing is actually pink in the photo, nor is that owl in the front missing an eye...my camera and I have to have a talk.

Second, two owl greeting cards where the owls are made out of sheet music...secretly, I'm just going to hang these on my wall and never send them.

Then, these gorgeous owl wall plaques that I can stop lusting over...they are so fantastic!

Finally, these adorable owl bobby pins that I haven't stopped wearing since I got them:

Thanks so much, Tuesday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #518 on: March 09, 2008 02:21:19 PM »

Cute stuff! The little owl army is fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: March 09, 2008 03:46:55 PM »

oh man, more cute kids wrapped up in owls AND more awesome owl stuff, excellent! love the hair clips especially.

is this done now or do we still have more to come?
is it time for another one yet? ha ha.

but seriously, i fnd myself crafting more owls and discovering more owl things to buy. i'm feeling pretty silly about it all at this point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Good Advice for Young Directors
How to Approach a Monologue in Acting
How to Cast Actors for a Play
How to Deal with Difficult Actors
How to Be a Theatre Director
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...