A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,772
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January / February Birthday Swap!  (Read 7771 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 03, 2008 08:15:20 AM »

****Swap Closed****

Swap name: January / February Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: frenchnewwave
Sign-up date range: Jan. 3 - Feb. 29
Date to send item by: Must send within 2 weeks of picking a partner

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, if you are under 18 please get your parents permission. 

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Everyone has to be pre-approved for this swap!

Details of swap:
Happy Birthday to us! This is a January and February birthday swap. Post a list and get a birthday pressie! You can ask for supplies or handmade items. You will also need to let people know where you are located: city, state & country. You need not post your age, but please let us know your birthdate.

First: You will look through the lists of the people
who have already posted. You will THEN pick someone from
there to craft for.

Second: As soon as you have messaged me, the organizer,
telling me who you would like to craft for and your answers to the
questionnaire, I will tell you that you can post a birthday list.

This is not like the other claim swaps- such as OWS where you must pick again to repost your list. In this swap, you post your list once and it will stay there for craftster to scroll through at will. I will be updating the sending/receiving list rather frequently, so if you are unsure who to craft for, that might give you a better idea 

- To be able to post a list you have to craft for at least ONE person
- There must be AT LEAST 5 items on your list
- Once you have picked someone to craft for, you can be picked as many times as there are items on your list. (To make sure things are fair though, the organizers retain the right to restrict people's lists if they are receiving a significant amount more than they are giving).
- You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things. If you have picked 3 people to craft for, you must send at least one of those items successfully before picking again.
- If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
- Please use DC#s or get a copy of the customs number/receipt/proof when sending your packages... this helps greatly if they're lost in the mail!
- Regular communication is required, so PM me when you send and when you receive.
- You can craft for more than one person if you want, just PM me who you'd like to craft for and I'll send you their address!

If you are one of the first five who sign up, you may post your list without claiming someone beforehand if you wish (this is to get the list rolling). You will need to claim someone before the swap is over, however. It's only fair! This has been approved by the moderators.

If you were not born in January or February, you may still craft for somebody if youd like to, however they are not bound to craft for you in return. That being said...

If you receive a gift from anyone in this swap, it is polite to mail a thank you note/card/letter. Also post pictures of your received items in the gallery- or let your partner know beforehand if you don't have a camera/scanner, so that their work can be appreciated.

When one of your items is picked, you must cross it out on your list so that other swappers know what is available.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

Name of swap: January / February Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Who are you claiming and what will you send?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. Please put January/February Birthday Swap in the subject lines of all of your PM's regarding this swap! Please send all PMs to frenchnewwave.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008 07:30:25 AM by frenchnewwave » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008 08:16:04 AM »

Gallery here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219603.0

Swap tracking:

Orange = sent
Pink = sending late, but notified organizer
Green = rec'd
Red = pls contact organizer immediately

Send by Jan. 17
santacruzsugar ---> Ezri_B for sewn/quilted placemats

Send by Jan. 18
mclianne ---> santacruzsugar for marble magnets
singingshanti ---> frenchnewwave for stationery
KMartKid ---> singingshanti for a surprise from her "inspired by" lists

Send by Jan. 19
Ezri_B ---> mclianne for an embroidered patch

Send by Jan. 20
Timpani~jax ---> frenchnewwave for something 60s related
frenchnewwave ---> mclianne for crocheted flowers

Send by Jan. 21
!b ---> santacruzsugar for McCall's Pattern 5513 and iron-on transfers

Send by Jan. 22
stellato_escuro ---> frenchnewwave for yarn

Send by Jan. 23
purpleone ---> snowyangel for a hat
Timpani~jax ---> stellato_escuro for seed beads
frenchnewwave ---> stellato_escuro for fabric scraps
snowyangel ---> santacruzsugar for cat toys with catnip

Send by Jan. 24
mclianne ---> purple one for bedtime organizer and quilting mags *lost in mail -- will find angel*

Send by Jan. 28
lucy van pelt ---> frenchnewwave for beret

Send by Jan. 30
hardyswanton01 ---> lucy van pelt for a tote
itscute ---> timpani~jax for magazines

Send by Jan. 31
klum78 ---> lucy van pelt for decorated notebook

Send by Feb. 4
kiwikero ---> singingshanti for knit item from wist

Send by Feb. 11
animegirlie ---> timpani~jax for neck warmer

Send by Feb. 18
windshadow ---> KMartKid for a journal
beadbakery ---> itscute for beads
beadbakery ---> KMartKid for a bookmark
mclianne ---> itscute for wist surprise
KMartKid ---> kiwikero for clutch and journal
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008 07:44:20 AM by frenchnewwave » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008 08:22:35 AM »

About me:
I will be 26 on January 26, making me an Aquarius. I live and work in Philadelphia, PA and while I love urban life, the rougher elements of this city are starting to get me down. I'm trying to see beauty in every day, but some days are harder than others.

I'm trying to make each day count, and start living in the moment.

Things I like:

- I love anything to do with England or France.
- I love the 60s - culture, music, movies, fashion, etc.
- Doctor Who and Lost.
- Necklaces.
- Lavender and pomegranate (smell, taste, color, everything.)
- Mythology.
- Astrology.

Things I'd like to receive:
- Anything to do with my interests, above.
- Hot pink and/or red things for my desk at work, or office supplies.
- Anything to do with yoga - I just started.
- Yarn and knitting supplies. 100% wool for felting is always good, but I'll take anything except for fun fur or novelty. I also need DPNs.
- Stationery for writing to pen pals.
- Books - used is fine! I'll read just about anything. Knitting and craft books are also good.
- A knitted or crocheted beret.
- Vintage necklaces and brooches.
- Needle felting supplies.
- A black or gray purse, any style.

Various links:
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3B7A3H60563B2/
- www.wists.com/lol_stein
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008 08:08:51 AM by frenchnewwave » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008 08:44:42 AM »

I'm Tab from Wisconsin USA. My birthday is January 19th and this is my big 30th this year! I just found out my husband and boys are going to be out of the state on a trip during my whole birthday week, so I will be all alone for my birthday.
Ok, a little about me. I am sort of transitioning (growing up? maybe) from a bit more gothy to clean, classic, crisp, cottage type feel. I have a wonderful husband & 3 boys ages 11 to 7. I like robins egg blue, pale pink, bright red and white (except white shirts, they never last!.) I love woodland type things especially gnomes, hedgehogs, mushrooms, squirrels owls, deer. I have a strange love of argyle especially for clothes and out of the ordinary things. I'm a plus sized gal so if you have questions on size please ask. And I love Doctor Who. I sew, quilt, crochet, embroider.
Thanks so much in advance!!

-Wisconsin souvenir towels, tablecloth or plates sample of what I mean: http://www.retro-redheads.com/images/vlnsouvtcjpgs/wisconsin12.JPG
But Please not Wisconsin Dells

-Doll quilts (Lots of great inspiring ones http://www.flickr.com/groups/dollquiltswap/pool/ )

-Small Red fabric yo yos

-Fingerless gloves/knucks http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html

-Gnome, Tardis, or Dalek Cookie Cutter

-Knit Socks size 8US

-Buttons (not too many with shanks please, unless they are awesome)

-Table Scarf- Something like this, but preferably not holiday themed http://www.flickr.com/photos/drewzel/2104001791/in/set-72157603487460615/

-Spoon Heart Pendant (I've been meaning to make one, but honestly I won't)http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118967.0

-Surprise from or based off of my wists

-Surprise you think I'll like

-Sewn or quilted placemats for 6 Thank you santacruzsugar(My kitchen is woodland themed sort of [gnomes, red capped mushrooms, hedgehogs] if that helps or not)

-Cloth napkins (again kitchen is woodland themed or simple)

-Hedgehog, gnome, or robot fabric,

-wooden thread spools

-cotton fabrics in blues, preferably florals (we're making a quilt and need lots of blue fabrics, we need at least 11" squares)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008 05:30:37 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hebrews 4:13-15

He's alive!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008 02:43:16 PM »

I will be turning 19 on Feb. 17th!  I am currently working on an associates in Advertising & Graphic design, and plan on graduating in May.  I also do some web development.

I love vintage/chic designs!  I'm inspired by:

Wists: http://www.wists.com/singingshanti_wishlist
Blog: elizabezalel.blogspot.com

- Something inspired by one of those above "inspired by" links thanks KMartKid!
- A painting! I love watercolor, pen & ink, and oil especially...but I see some amazing results with other mediums.
- A t-shirt with a vintage/chic design (size medium)
- Something made by stalking my previous posts Wink
- A good sturdy tote bag for all those school supplies!
- Cute buttons, if you have a button maker.
- Glue sticks Smiley
- A quilt would be AMAZING.
- A nice big squishy pillow, decorated in some way Smiley
- Knitting needle roll

Happy Birthday Everyone! Cheesy

~ Elizabeth from NC
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008 12:00:02 PM by singingshanti » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008 05:41:39 PM »

About Me:

Hi! My name is Melissa and I'm in Northern California (USA). I'm going to be 24 years old February 29th (yeah!!! I finally have a BDay this year!!!)  Grin. I just broke up with my boyfriend (no boo-hoos needed...he was kinda a jerk) and am back living with my parents till I can save some money and find a new place to live. When I find a new place, Im planning on doing my room in a kinda modern theme with LOTS of house plants...mostly white but with small splashes of bright pink, green, orange and yellow. I am kinda girly, but not too to an extreme. I am not a vegetarian, but am very food conscious and try very hard to only eat organic and sustainable foods. I have one cat that sleeps on my bed every night and gets very annoyed when you roll over in the night. I love music, reading, cooking, and being outside. My main crafting skills are scrapbooking and stuff with modgepodge, but Ive tried a little bit of everything. Feel free to check out my wists if you wanna see ideas, or PM me for my myspace.

My Wish List-

-McCalls pattern # M5513 thanks !b

-A patchwork tote bag similar to this one http://www.2freshpetunias.com/product_info.php?products_id=341
With similar colors (pinks, whites, greens, etc.) big enough to throw in a bottle of water, some books, a first aide kit, and some notebooks (Im a substitute teacher).

-Other tote bags decorated in anyway but still washable

-Those cute little magnets made from marbles. thanks mclianne!

-Mini clay food (sushi or desserts) charms I could add to assorted stuff.

-Fun long necklaces with large, bright pendants of any media.... similar to or in the same genera as these (with silver findings.... I dont ware gold):

-embroidered pillowcases in similar style to this

-clay or pottery dishes in above mentioned color scheme in assorted sizes and shapes to plant assorted grasses, moss and houseplants in my room

-a lunch bag/box

-an overnight duffel-type bag. ( I currently use a Rubbermaid tub because I own NO forms of luggage)...Id love something glittery/sequiny

-Soy candles in either unscented, or flowery/fruity scents

-handmade soaps receiving them from another swap! Thanks!

-small cat toys with catnip in them thanks snowyangel!

-needle nose pliers for jewelry making

-scrapbook papers/stickers/die-cuts in nature themes. Im currently working on my album from my job as an outdoor school/science camp teacher. receiving from another swap, but I can always use more!

-kits for candle making

-iron on transfer patterns for embroidery in pin-up girl themes, naturey stuff, or flowers thanks !b, I can always use more!

-an iron

-anything you think might go well with my new room!

THANKS in advance to anyone who picks anything from my list and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008 02:59:35 PM by santacruzsugar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't scare me, I'm pregnant and have a 2yr old!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008 12:48:52 PM »

Oh hey there, I'm Laura from South Dakota, USA and I'm gonna turn 23 on Feb 2(Groundhogs day! Cheesy).  I recently moved into my first home, yippee! I like modern, geometric, animal prints and simple styles.  I'm a clothing addict and I'm a fabric hog since I love to sew! I'm trying to be vegetarion so no leather, fur, etc. Recycled materials are fine! Cheesy

My Wish List:
- 4-6 person napkin or placemat set in brown/white, black/white, navy blue/white, pastel blue/white, or red/white. I love this simple styles: http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000/d1e0e455b34bb32880219288105932da?offset=0 , http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7039715
- Oven mitt in red, grey, white or black mod fabric.
- 4-6 napkin rings, i love these 2 styles! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7834148 , http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8415106
- Home made Fudge, yummmy!
- Fabric! satin, textured, silk, something with sheen, sheer or uphosltry type fabric in light blue/brown, burnt orange, golden yellow, or red with an accent of white, black, brown, tan. Prints in: solid, stripes, swirls, damask, textured.
- Fabric labels with my store name that i can sew on.
- Pinking shears
- Rotary cutter
- Rotary Cutting board
- Purse handles: wooden, plastic, material, pleather, etc.
- Spartans or Gladiators books for the husband.
- Candy! I like sour/tangy candy: Nerds, sweet tarts, gobbstoppers, sour straws, skittles etc.
- Stenciled top like: "Ryans girl" in writing, angel wings on the back, a cute vegan saying, a tiger. Size med in juniors or small in womens sizes.
- Beer scented soap and/or lotion
- Pretty multi-stranded, large pendant or simple beaded necklace. See Wist and Etsy favs for examples.
- Mirror either with a thick frame or fun mosaic over top.
- A surprise from my wist:  http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000
- OR anything off my Etsy favs: http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=95910
- Or off post stalking me, i tend to compliment alot of things on here. Wink

A BIG thanks in advance to who's making one of my wishes come true! 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008 11:03:52 AM by snowyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't sweat petty things... or pet sweaty things.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008 01:29:27 PM »

About Me...

Greetings...  I'm Lianne and on Jan 15th I will be 40 years old.  I can hardly believe it!  Turning 30 didn't phase me, but this birthday is bothering me a little.  I am a stay-at-home mother to two little girls ages 2 & 4.  Have always been on the "Zaftig" side, but two babies and a raging sweet tooth have left me a size 22.  I am an RN by profession.  Depending on who you ask the RN stands for Registered Nut or Registered Nurse with my specialty being Cardiac Surgery.  Over the years I have lived in Maryland, Texas, Florida, Russia, Indiana (briefly!), Nebraska, and now Kentucky.  Personality wise I am Sanguine, love to laugh, relatively happy, somewhat sarcastic sense of humor and a well developed sense of the ridiculous.

Interests and things I like

Travel! Photography, sewing, scrapbooking, cardmaking, surfing the net, various crafts I find while surfing, trying to learn to crochet.  I want to learn to needle felt as well.  Love most colors except for fluorescents, and I really don't like them!  I love blues, greens and purples, also like monochromatic combinations, and black & white with a splash of color thrown in.  I love chocolate and trying snacks from other countries.  I love the European fabrics from Hilco, BizzKids...  Wish they weren't so expensive!

Wish List

wool felt pieces
Amy Butler, Hoffman, Kaufman, Fassett fabric- remnants are great
Japanese Fabrics
needle felting mat/pad
wool roving for needle felting Thank You Ezri_B!
Stuffies for my girls
Cool/hip purse
Crochet flowers for embellishing DD clothesThank You frenchnewwave
Embroidery patches for embellishing DD clothes- Thanks Ezri_B!
Cool marble fridge magnets
Swap Journal
Anything from my wists!
Surprise you think I would like
Thank you to whoever chooses to fulfill a wish and Happy Birthday everyone!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008 07:12:38 PM by mclianne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008 11:38:10 AM »

Hey, my name's Jane and I'll be 23 on the 10th of January. I live in Devon, England. I'm obsessed with embroidery and have been for the past couple of years. I finished a degree in English Literature last year and graduate in a few weeks. I love pop art, the twenties and illustration. Colours, blues and greens, purple, black and white.

Wish List

Knitted Neckwarmer Thank you animegirlie
Crocheted Headband
Handmade oatmeal soap
Screenprinted tee, UK size 12.
Something from my wists, http://www.wists.com/timpanijax
Nylon or Jane Magazine old or new Thank you itscute!

Fabric, cotton in above colours.

Happy Birthday everyone.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008 09:06:30 AM by timpani~jax » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008 04:41:11 PM »

Hi, I'm Kristin and I'll be 27 on Feb 17th.  I'm a counselor and I work with high school students.  I love my job and teens are so much fun... even though everyone thinks I'm crazy for working with teens.  I can't help it they are fun. 

-books, I'll literally read anything... and book acessories
-fun desk accessories
-hello kitty, stripes and polka dots... I love bright colors
-handmade items made of felt or fabric, but not clothing... accesories, purses, scocks, mittens, whatever you dream up)
-journals.  I love to journal. (hand decorated are awesome)
-Music. I play guitar and piano... mostly guitar.  I write music.  And I sing.  I love writing music, that's usually what's in all those journals. 
-Overall, anything handmade is awesome cause I know someone put their time into it and themselves. 

Wist for ideas:
I really like handmade items though so feel free to use these as inspiration, I'll be thrilled with anything Smiley.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 12:37:05 PM by KMartKid - Reason: To be more specific » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like apples.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Bracelet That Prevents Sunburn
Will Sexy White Gowns Dominate the 2014 Award Season?
10 Iconic Golden Globes Gowns!
How to Wear Whatever You Want Without Risking a Slip!
How to Get Cleavage Without the Padded Bra
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...