A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP! Need...clear ring..type..things?!  (Read 590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dead_Angel
« on: January 06, 2005 04:53:58 PM »

Ok...I need...something... .lol ok I have *no idea*  what this could describe thats why i need some help. i need *a bunch* of little..circle type things. probably plastic or glass because it needs to be clear or transparents (any color as long as you can kinda see through it) im doing a project (ill post pix if i find something to use) i think it has to be about 2 inches across. and like a ring. round but nothing in the middle. the *only* thing ive thought of is shower hooks...but do they even come in clear? and if they do could they be colored? sorry this isnt a very good explanation. if i explained the project itself it would make more sense, but i want it to be a surprise (it might not even work!) any and all ideas are greatly appreciated. thanx so much! please help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005 05:00:29 PM »

well, I have seen shower curtain rings in clear, and I've heard of dying plastic with rit dye (I think there's a thread about it somewhere around here) or you could try painting them.  also, I'd try the sewing novelties section of a craft/fabric store; I know my mom always had a few large clear rings in her sewing stuff that I always wondered what they were exactly for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dead_Angel
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005 05:04:15 PM »

Hmm I wonder what the sewing ones are for. I'll look into that thanx. and I just looked at google and found clear shower rings..and of course they wont work (bc of the little hook thingy.) ehh. so difficult. lol but thanx for the tip on the sewing ones ill look!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nekussa

Who invented liquid soap and why?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005 08:12:24 PM »

There are certain types of curtains that hang from circles like the ones you described...don't know whereabouts you are but in Toronto we have a fabricland with an interior design type department where you can buy all the little odds and ends for making curtains and such. You might try there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005 02:49:58 PM »

I had clear shower curtain rings once that kind of snaped open into an 's' shape, so when they were closed they didn't have a hook.  I think they came from target or kmart or someplace like that.  I'm not sure where you would look, but maybe you could find plastic kiddie bracelets that might fit your description??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005 08:09:53 PM »

Are these what you need?

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/search.php?PHPSESSID=&search=rings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
Dead_Angel
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005 09:09:10 PM »

Yes! Omg! That's exactly it! Do you know of any stores by any chance that carry those type of things? OMG thank you so much! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippie9

The Mythical and Magical Seahorse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005 12:19:45 AM »

Oh! I'm so glad I could offer a little bit of help! *I* found out about TAP Plastics thru Not Martha Magnets (glass marble magnets). TAP stores seem to be in Washington State, Oregon and California. That's the only store that *I* know of, but maybe Ikea would have them??

My bf lives in Seattle and when I went to visit just after xmas we went to TAP. I WAS SO HAPPY!!!!! I got some great cabachons for the magnets, in different sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim

My blog/showcase of my crafts:  http://kimmadecrafts.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashions To Help Your Kids Rock The New School Year
How to Wear Sheer Fashions This Fall
New Technology To Fight Against Fake Goods
Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez Got Seriously Sexy for 2013 Teen Choice Awards
Teen Choice Awards Best Dressed
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...