A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 projects in a year craftalong. Anyone interested?  (Read 52795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 20, 2008 06:13:15 PM »

I wasn't able to finish the afghan for christmas due to unforseen circumstances.So she'll get it waaay after christmas.I've done 
2 purses
1 pair fingerless gloves
5 floral arrangements
1 reconned journal
1 scarf
1 aghan (wip)
6 doz. cookies
1 minature christmas tree
I still have to do a ornament for the tree.
so I still got a few things accomplished.Maybe next year I can really concentrate on this craftalong and do better.Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays & a Happy New Year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
lob
« Reply #561 on: December 22, 2008 07:06:36 PM »

Is someone going to start a new post for this in 2009? Sounds (and looks) fun to keep track of how many projects you can complete in a year. I'd like to try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: December 23, 2008 02:05:21 AM »

I'm still going.....

#81 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283715.msg3214739#msg3214739

#82 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283805.msg3215544#msg3215544

Is someone going to start a new post for this in 2009? Sounds (and looks) fun to keep track of how many projects you can complete in a year. I'd like to try.

I have no idea lob, maybe you could start it yourself  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #563 on: December 25, 2008 04:42:22 AM »

Hello! I would be interested in joining another 50 projects craftalong for the new year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 26, 2008 04:39:50 AM »

I would be interested in joining . Smiley.This was fun even though i didn't finish 50 things.Hope someone starts it up again for this year. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
CraftNClutter
Formerly: shuffar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: January 01, 2009 01:14:53 PM »

So I didn't make it to the goal of 50 projects, but I did break into the 40s which is awesome considering I took nearly 3 months off from crafting. I guess, I'll try again in 2009. 

November/December Gallery of Completed Projects

My best friend and I hadn't seen each other in 2 years, so we decided a collaborative craft project would be a good way to keep in touch. We provide the other with a fat quarter of fabric, then must create 2 identical quilt squares using the other's fabric as a jumping off point. This was my result from our first monthoh, and neither of us has ever quilted so it's a complete learning experience.

When I arrived back home for a funeral a week and a half before Christmas, I was bombarded with requests for handknit hats for the coming holiday. Lucky for them, not only am I an awesome hate knitter, I also hadn't done any shopping yet as Thanksgiving, home repair and the death in the family had kicked my butt in the previous weeks.

I pumped out a simple 2x2 rib hat for my dad in 2 evenings of tv watching, and a more complicated (because the pattern yielded gigantic results, so I had to start over) beehive hat for my sister in 3 evenings.

It's a tradition that my husband and I give our parents and siblings a gift card as a bonus gift every Christmas. Even though it's not the main gift (we like to give them the chance to treat themselves on us at their leisure), I do like to make the presentation special and this is what I whipped up for this year. Now they can either re-use them in the future, or hang them on their tree next year.

A gift with selfish motives for my best friend, whom I actually got to see this Christmas. A self contained stationery kit to write me. Inside the wrap are personalized notecards and envelopes, an address book with my info already entered, a "fancy" (but freebie) pen and a booklet of stamps.

A fabric photo album for my husband's cousin's daughter. She's only one, but as she gets a little older, I'm sure she'll enjoy pointing out her loved ones in her very own book. My nephew did when I made him a larger version a couple years ago.

This cabled Nintendo DS cozy for my mother-in-law was actually the first Christmas gift I started to make last month, but the last I finished (actually in the car ride down to their house on Christmas Day). The button holes gave me some problems (they were my first), so I moved on figuring if all else failed, she would be able to help me finish her own gift. Needless to say, I finished with a couple hours to spare with only the help of my Knitting For Dummies book.

My husband came up with a great gift idea for a closeable jar to hold my compost scraps on the counter until I got outside to dump them (I think he was sick of seeing plates and baggies sit on the counter for days). He wanted something the was dishwasher-safe, but where we didn't have to see the scraps. He tried to wrap the jar in fabric so we could still remove it and stick it in the washer when necessary, but it just wasn't pretty (I give him major props for trying). So I used what he attempted plus some other odds and ends and created a wrap/cozy that matched our kitchen, hides the contents, but is easily removed.

Though we're not total pigs, my husband and I tend to let things slide around the house and do major clean-ups every couple weekends. That always eats up one day of our weekend, so I've been trying to get us to do a few small things every night to alleviate that. But we always slip back into our old ways after a few days, especially since my husband claims he doesn't know what to do. So I created this chart to hang on our fridge by our "command center". It's like a calendar page with little pockets for each day. In the pockets are wooden spoons that list what should be done each day. We're starting using it today, I really hope it helps.

My second quilt square for our collaborative quilting project. We have the requirement that we have to use a different square pattern every monthso combined with the mismatched fabrics, we're probably going to have a pretty ugly quilt but it should keep us interested and most importantly connected.

*like always on my monthly recaps, you can click the titles under the images to read my blog posts*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bottles caps? Please!

::blog:: - Craft 'N' Clutter
::wists:: - inspiration & desires
::Stalker?:: - That means you,
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #566 on: January 02, 2009 08:52:15 AM »

I demand a recount! I'm SURE you made 50 -- the FIVE gift card holders alone should count as 5 projects.

Wonderful work. Happy 2009!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #567 on: January 03, 2009 05:59:32 PM »

Here's the 2009 thread! Hope to see many of you there! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Old Magazines Into a Coiled Paper Basket
How to Convert Photos to Cross-Stitch Designs
How to Crochet
How to Cut Plexiglas
How to Determine the Value of Your Beanie Babies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...