A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,789
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me with my 100 wishes quilt! Please:)  (Read 517 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 01, 2008 07:28:35 PM »

Hi, I am a Craftster addict and my MIL is an avid quilter. I need your help please. My husband and I are adopting a litle boy from Uzbekistan and we need a 7" x 7" square of fabric (cotton, machine washable preferred, but not necessary). The fabric can be from anywhere: an old favorite t-shirt, a piece you saw in the fabric store and just loved, anything meaningful really.

Along with your square of fabric, we need a 3" x 5" or a 4" x 6" card with a good wish for our future son and a scrap of your fabric glued to the card. Your wish card can be as simple or as elaborate as you'd like. If you feel creative and want to decorate it, that's great! Your wish can be deep and thought-provoking or simple and fun. Poems, quotes, or anything else that floats your boat are fine too. The small pieces of fabric and the wishes go in a scrapbook so our son will be able to look at his quilt and see who sent each square and read the corresponding message. Please remember to sign your wish and include your city and state.

If you'd like to participate, email me/ PM me or leave a comment on my blog (www.touzbekistanandback.blogspot.com)and I'll get back with you and let you know where to send your square. Oh, and I would love to send you some fabric squares also for your own quilt!

Your thoughtfulness, time, and good wishes mean so much to us and we know it will mean just as much to our son someday. Thank you very much.

Oh, this tradition started with those adopting from China, but I think it is such a great idea that I am asking for your help to make one for my son. What a great keepsake! Below are some scrapbook page samples I found with the notes and fabric samples on them. Please includes pictures of yourselves too if you like!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Sun Star Image Effect Part 1/2
How to Create a Sun Star Image Effect Part 2/2
How to Choose a Wardrobe for an Outdoor Portrait Part 1/2
How to Choose a Wardrobe for an Outdoor Portrait Part 2/2
How to Understand what is Important in a Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...