A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
802 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Possible Centerpiece Idea (Wooden Roses)  (Read 1363 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LMZ319
« on: January 01, 2008 05:10:33 PM »

I am in love with wooden roses and have a billion of them in my basement (okay...not a billion...but probably 1,000!) and plan to order more since I don't have enough in my wedding colors of (black with) pink & orange accents. So...I was looking up ideas online and playing with different things and I am really liking this:

It's whimsical yet classy and won't be very expensive. My Fiance also likes it so that's a big plus too. :-) The lighting kind of distorts the colors, this one was made with hot pink and lime green roses. I'll be using hot pink and bold orange roses, and I'm thinking maybe a iridescent or silver onion grass...or maybe just leave that green. We'll have black table clothes so the colors will really pop. I just hope it won't be too tiny on the big tables. This piece has 4 dozen roses!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008 08:32:04 AM by LMZ319 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
mcmadison
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008 05:43:19 PM »

Wow, these are really cute.  I have never heard of wooden roses before.  Did you have a "billion" prior to getting engaged?  Why?  Just b/c you like them?  I am always looking for flower alternatives.  I ususally rely on old faithful--origami flower bouquets.  Where can you order them?  Do you paint them or do they come pre-painted?  I really like these, and I think those colors wil really pop at the reception--4 dozen yowza!!!(sp?)  Plus, you can always use fillers like mirrors and candles/lighting, placecards, etc. if you think you will need more filler on the tables--but I doubt it.  Congrats by the way.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is soo lovely
LMZ319
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008 06:04:06 PM »

Thanks!

I have so many roses because I engrave things on them and sell them for fundraisers, holidays, etc. I have a small business that continues to shrink as my life gets busier and busier! (I got engaged and started my MBA in the same month - yikes!)

Example of roses I did for a breast cancer fundraising event.

I get my roses wholesale at www.woodenrosecompany.com. They sell by the case of 800 roses at a good price, which is why I have so many! You can also add fragrance oils to them to make them scented. I love them so much, I've got them all over the house and give them to friends and family as gifts. They're so much fun!

If you happen to order roses, talk to Karen and tell her Laura from Etched In Time Engraving sent you. :-)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008 08:30:53 AM by LMZ319 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
mcmadison
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008 07:37:46 PM »

okay, thanx. I looked on the site but I didn't see a price list, nor did I see 800 only 1600.  I guess they do half orders?  I would only need like 120 to start.  You are a busy busy lady Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is soo lovely
LMZ319
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008 07:54:52 PM »

I think 800 (one full case) is the bare minimum they sell, another reason why I have so many! What would you make with them?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008 08:03:40 PM by LMZ319 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~LZ
morbidlovexox
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008 08:44:06 PM »

those are really cute and whimsical! they will look so great against the black table cloths. I love bold colors and black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy One-Pot Lemon Curd Recipe
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Croissant Recipe
"Nutella" Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make a "Nutella" Lava Cake
How to Make Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...