A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap. Signups Closed. Sendouts 2/29/08.  (Read 42266 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annacharlotte
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2008 06:55:39 AM »

Yeah, Superhooker, that room looks suspiciously tidy.  And oh my goodness, YOU were the recipient of that fabulous Day of the Dead bear.  I love him!  I used to have him in my wists but it kept showing up as the wrong picture so I took it out.

I do believe that other folks have messier craft rooms than I, but I have to say I was prevented from posting the Giant Pile photo due to the fact that it prominently featured oneredboot's fabrics strewn about the top. 

I'll try to take another photo of my red and white table tonight (you can actually see it now that I've removed the cascading avalanche of dolls and photos and shelves which shook and fell whenever I sewed...which was often).  That table is probably one of my favorite beautiful, useful objects.  I actually had a dream about that table before I found it--I didn't recall ever having seen such a thing in real life.  Then one day I was driving to work and passed this Auto Body shop, and lo and behold my dream table was sitting outside the garage door, holding pots of oil and greasy tools.  I did a double take, couldn't believe it, and went on my way to work.  Passed it again on the way home.  And another couple of times in the next few days.  Finally I stopped and asked the mechanic if he'd sell it to me, and it was mine!  I did have to pay $75 for it.  The guy drove a hard bargain. 

I gotta say it's not the best table to sew on.  It's pretty wobbly.  But it does the job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Castaways

Saving the world one shopping trip at a time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2008 08:16:21 AM »

annacharlotte
Really looking forward to the table pics.  That guy musta been a tough bargainer, having a table sitting outside with junk on it then charging $75 for it.  But according to what my friend paid, it was a good price.  And, yah, hers is wobbly, too.  We did some rotary cutting on it making stuff for the holidays and some of the cuts were wonky 'cause the table moved.  Anyway, that's how we're callin' it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maiziemama
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2008 08:22:14 AM »

Yeah, that red and white table is sweet...maybe one day I will find something cute like that for my computer table.  I keep looking for something simple like that to replace my monstronsity of an office table ( a roll top desk free from a neighbor...the proportions are too big!)

As for my crafting space, it also doubles as a guest room, office, music studio for my hubby...so it is tight quarters too!   Mine occilates from being peaceful and organized to a big pile of mess all on my sewing table!!   Depends on how crazy my life is.

Well, I've finally decided on my 3 things ( am I seeing a trend here?)!  One is drying..(hmm a hint?)...one is all cut out ( hmmm another hint?)  and the other I just need to get one more thing to put it together.    My sewing machine went into the "shop" this week,(screwy tension issues I couldn't resolve myself!!) so hopefully everything will get done next week once its home.

As for other things I am working on outside this swap...hmmm:  always a dishcloth on the needles,  a sweater from organic cotton, sewing curtains for my kitchen, about 5 bobbins half full of handspun yarns, ripping out hideous wallpaper from my bathroom ( my 3 year old loves this project!!) and tons of other things I can't even remember!!  

But the projects from this swap have taken top priority...I even took a inspirational trip to the local antique store ( risky business with a 3 year old and a 10 month old...I don't know how many times I said " look but don't touch!!!")

I will post my inspirational pics this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2008 08:37:47 AM »

I am about 75% done!  I have 1 completely done, 1 just needs ______, and the last thing I have to get from ______.  I should send out this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2008 08:47:17 AM »

What other projects do you all have going on in addition to this swap?

Did you have to ask that?  I thought for a moment, "All I have are that pair or flannel boxers to sew and those Ikea curtain panels http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70110279 to modify, hem and install the hardware."  Then I thought, "Oh yeah and paint the dining room and finish the ShimmerStone http://www.modernmasters.com/products.aspx?pl=SS on the living room ceiling and finish the insulated shade for the stairwell window and make exterior shades for the south- and west-facing windows and mail out Valentines and clean/organize the entire basement and oh, yeah take down the xmas decorations that I was too sick to do in January and set up a new home network and find those things listed in my signature for this photo project and then do that project and do more work on my embroidered pillowcases and finish mounting my toothpaste collection  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=216741.msg2330404#msg2330404 and work on a potential personal swap for a dear craftster who has offered some toothpaste from Asia...

THANKS A LOT, violet_thistle!   Wink
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008 08:47:59 AM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 33
quilted
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2008 08:55:01 AM »

Ha! I'm so glad you asked. Last night I told myself that I really need to make a list. Here goes:

-- Send out Make-a-friend swap stuff (all finished for package #1, and need to start thinking about next month)
-- Make and send V-day cards
-- Two baby quilts
-- Make a Christmas tree skirt for my mother-in-law
-- Two of my closest and most amazing friends just received sewing machines for Christmas, but neither has actually unpacked her machine from the box...I'd like to make them each something like a pincushion or needle book to pressure encourage them to start sewing already
-- um... my dissertation? does that count?

So, regarding this swap, one of my small items has become technically a large item (in terms of the number of hours). But, I figure that if someone else was crafting this object, it wouldn't take nearly as long, so it can still count as small, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
pamdelangel
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2008 09:55:58 AM »

Wow all these posts are so much fun to read over!! I've ordered so much fabric...LOL I can't wait for it to come. I'll have to finish my other project while I'm waiting. I hate keeping a secret LOL I wanna be like "i'm making ______" hahaha Smiley anyone else??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annacharlotte
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2008 10:27:25 AM »

Quilted, no worries about sizing.  If you're comfortable classifying it as a small that is just fine.  The point of size guidelines is to make sure that one partner doesn't put a ton of effort into something their calling a small only to find that they receive a small item that's clearly had far less effort put into it (like one person makes an embroidered pin cushion and their partner sends a packet of stickers).  As long as you and your partner are cool with it, I'm cool with it.

I just discovered this designer on designspongeonline.com and am totally smitten.  A library/bathtub?!  Excuse me, do I know you?  Sooo perfect.  **swoon**

I'm also quite taken with this teacup lamp, and suspect I could copy it, but....how to take the bottom out of the teacup?  (Yeah, I love him, but not enough not to rip him off if I can get away with it Wink )

THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2008 10:57:03 AM »

Well, I don't have a bathtub library, but I do have shelves of books in my bathroom.  At first people thought I was insane, but then they would come out of the bathroom and talk to me about books! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
ambear
if you want me to, i'll cook and sew.

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2008 12:47:30 PM »

seam together and line my twiggy tweed from knitty
finish the shawl for my mom
the fingerless gloves
burda shirt
naomi's hat

and thats just what i see in the living room, never mind the craft room!
Amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je suis riche, mais sans un sous.
http://www.sambaelegua.com/listen.html
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kevin Young: Poetry Inspired by Great Migration
Roxane Gay: Writing Fiction and Nonfiction
Tim And Eric Delve Into Their 7 Zones
Kaleidoscope – Enlighten Your Shelf
Awkward Flirting at Gay Bar
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...