A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,795
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap. Signups Closed. Sendouts 2/29/08.  (Read 34998 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quilted
« Reply #330 on: February 09, 2008 08:20:59 AM »

Camelama! I'm in Seattle, also!

We moved here just over a year ago, and we love it. It reminds me so much of Chicago but prettier (shhh! don't tell the folks back home I said that).

Want to get together for coffee? We're in the Central district, but Baby and I get around  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: February 09, 2008 08:51:33 AM »

camelama! When I was out thrifting for swap supplies yesterday I saw that same white cow creamer (sans advertising) and thought about it, but then remembered that you don't take milk in your tea!  I guess it's OK since you already have that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2008 01:29:58 PM »

Quilted: Yay! Yes yes, let's fulfill all the Seattle cliche's and meet for coffee in a bookstore on a rainy day and go for a microbrew afterwards.  Smiley  (mmmm, beer.....)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2008 01:55:21 PM »

You'd have to go have your microbrew at a grunge rock concert...wearing flannel...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
annacharlotte
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2008 02:43:34 PM »

In the interest of beautiful use I am cleaning my craftroom.  Yesterday I went to get something from my sewing table and I knocked over my whole thread rack and just ran away screaming and didn't pick anything up.  So I had to lure myself back down there by purchasing a space heater, and I'm getting back on track.  It's nicer to clean when you don't have to wear mittens. 

Three of three items planned, one part of one item cut out, and all supplies (I hope) purchased.  And I just found out next weekend is a three-dayer (president's day), which will help me reach my crafting goals.  It is nice to work in a government office sometimes--we get ALL the days off.

So I might post a photo when I'm done slogging through the mess I've made over the past six months or so.  That's right, I don't clean.  Don't judge me.  I clean upstairs.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2008 02:53:10 PM »

Noooooow it feels like it's coming together.  I've my 3 items planned, most of my items purchased and/or located in my basement craft area is probably MUCH MUCH WORSE than annacharlette makes hers sound, some prep work done and/or underway and this afternoon, I'm finally gettin my craft on for reals!  Woo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annacharlotte
« Reply #336 on: February 10, 2008 02:56:26 PM »

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.  Do your walls crumble plaster dust onto any work left unattended?  Mine do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violet_thistle
« Reply #337 on: February 10, 2008 03:07:45 PM »

Like always, I have been going in 100 directions and have almost that many projects I'm actively working on.  Other than this project, I finished up a baby quilt, need to sew on the last side of binding on another quilt, have started a crocheted thread bag, a crocheted beanie and a crocheted cloche, considering fabrics for some purchased spring/summer shirt patterns, and have learned to knit and am working on my first scarf.

For this swap, I've got one small item already packed up, the other planned, and the bigger item is in progress!! It is the 10th, so I feel I'm going pretty good so far.

What other projects do you all have going on in addition to this swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs, Trish

Quilter, beginning crochet,  beginning apparel sewing, learning to knit

My Etsy
My Wists
My Blog
annacharlotte
« Reply #338 on: February 10, 2008 03:46:28 PM »

Here's are some in-progress pics.  I'm totally procrastinating.  Once these are posted it's back to the dungeon with me!

The "room."  (Only this corner is mine, as you can see by the keyboard which is encroaching upon it...where the fabric ends and the musical instruments begin!)

And my dress form, in her various adornments.

In response to violet_thistle, I am, happily, down to 2 non-work commitments--this swap and my anti-racist correspondence course/group.  And working full-time, keeping my dog busy, my boyfriend pleased and my house clean.  Which feels like a lot.  Still can't imagine what it'd be like to have a baby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Castaways

Saving the world one shopping trip at a time.

« Reply #339 on: February 10, 2008 03:51:28 PM »

annacharlotte,
I noticed the red and white table in the corner - it looks kinda like one that my friend has - I LOVE these tables and, well, I have table envy and just wanna live vicariously thru you. can you get a better pic of it?  pretty please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Operate an Embroidery Machine
How to Write in Italic Handwriting
How to Stitch a French Knot
How to Apply Iron on Transfers
How to Tie Dye a Bikini
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...