A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
335 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap. Signups Closed. Sendouts 2/29/08.  (Read 35514 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annacharlotte
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2008 06:20:18 PM »

Oooh, pretties.  Those are totally useful, and beautiful.  I like the compass, especially. 

Well, I bought some beautiful, useful stuff today--fabric!  I am such a miser when it comes to crafts--do most of my shopping at thrift stores, go to my stash for inspiration when I'm making something new.  But today, I broke out of the mode.  There is a store in my city called Crafty Planet, and dang, it's a good thing I don't live anywhere in it.  I wanted to buy everything. 

So, oneredboot, check it out: www.craftyplanet.com

The fabrics that will become two of your items are in there somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2008 08:34:34 PM »

So, oneredboot, check it out: www.craftyplanet.com

The fabrics that will become two of your items are in there somewhere...

I'm convinced that you must be using the aqua bullet train fabric:  http://www.shopcraftyplanet.com/store/product.php?productid=130015&cat=30&page=1
i mean, what's more beautiful and useful than fabric with blue images of super-fast passenger trains, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annacharlotte
« Reply #312 on: February 08, 2008 05:32:01 AM »

Dang, you're good!  That's really cute, actually.  Great way to teach your little children English.  Let's go station!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2008 08:49:50 AM »

Here's an inspiration post ... I love this esty shop.  Not sure exactly how useful every single item is, but my favorite is the bubble level bracelet.  You can level things AND wear jewelry! Smiley

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5127923

So while it doesn't perfectly fit "useful", the works there sure do inspire me.

AAAAAAND camelama and I both had that in our wists that we both decided to start recently because of this swap!  Freaky!  I already have these earrings (my company's name is Bubble Off Plumb Productions Inc., after all), but wish they had them in not-yellow when I got them.  Ah well, I tell myself they're actually a shade of green.

Forgot the link! http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?source=family&itemId=13574
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008 10:14:42 AM by TheMistressT - Reason: missing link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

annacharlotte
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2008 08:56:43 AM »

I want you all to know that I am taking this swap so seriously I not only bought brand-spanking new designer fabric from other countries, I also prewashed and ironed it.  So, I'm not messing around here. 

Actually, I'm just really intimidated by oneredboot's skillz, and I wanna do a really super bang-up job. 

I can't wait to start sewing.  I looove my fabrics!  Especially the one with the aliens and robots.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2008 09:01:15 AM »

I made some major progress over the last few days, however, I am having soooo much trouble keeping it to just 3 things! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annacharlotte
« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2008 09:05:24 AM »

I believe I've already admitted that I'm totally fudging my numbers.  Sets of things are fine.  Things that go inside other things cuz they just go together are fine. 

My goal in limiting the swap to three is that we choose our objects very consciously, that we pay them special respect and attention, and we end up with three things that are just perfect and lovely, rather than a mishmash of stuff because we get too excited.  (Not that I ever do that... Wink )  If anyone has doubts or questions about what constitutes a single item, feel free to pm me, or post it in the thread.  These rules are definitely not carved in stone.

Let's discuss...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2008 09:34:59 AM »

Well, I have a _________ that I made a matching _________ for and even though they are not a "set" I was planning on counting them as one since they are the same design.  We'll see I still have a few weeks to change my mind  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #318 on: February 08, 2008 04:56:07 PM »

Here's an inspiration post ... I love this esty shop.  Not sure exactly how useful every single item is, but my favorite is the bubble level bracelet.  You can level things AND wear jewelry! Smiley

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5127923

So while it doesn't perfectly fit "useful", the works there sure do inspire me.

These appeal to that idea of usefulness as beauty, do you know what I mean?  The fact that these are tools and being used as adornments exemplifies the idea of usefulness BEING beauty.  Thanks for sharing these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2008 05:57:16 PM »

As promised.....some inspiration from my house...

Our galileo thermometer

Espresso cups

The whole picture

Creamery cow

Cordial glasses

Wine storage

Craft on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New York Hot Dog vs. Chicago Hot Dog
Ham and Cheese with Beer Mustard at Eastern District
Atlanta and West Virginia Hot Dogs and Coleslaw
Sonoran Hot Dog with Tomatilla Salsa
Tailgating Recipes - All-Star Chili Dogs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...