A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap. Signups Closed. Sendouts 2/29/08.  (Read 34997 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annacharlotte
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2008 05:38:18 PM »

Speaking of being new to things, did I mention this is the first time I've ever organized a swap?  I've made a bunch of mistakes already (sorry to all affected!), and you all have been nice enough to pm me and let me know I messed up.  Please keep doing that.  <<hangs head in embarrassment>> 

Camelama, we get milk in jars like that too, and I *love* it!  We have to buy ours at the co-op though.  What's a gal gotta do to get a little delivery service around here?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008 05:40:21 PM by annacharlotte » THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2008 05:59:15 PM »

You're doing great on the swap!  (I PM'd her today about something but most of the time it's ME who's done something wrong, so when I send a PM I spend the next 10 minutes worrying that I'm going to look like a fool because I simply didn't see the answer to the question I was asking!)  Hee.

As for milk delivery, girl, where you are, it'd be frozen solid in minutes on your front porch!!!  Smiley

I can remember back in the Midwest, every house had a milk delivery chute built into the wall - milk man would open the outside door and put the milk in, you'd open the inside door and take the milk (and reverse for empties).  That thing also came in handy when we were little and Mom locked herself out of the house.  Smiley  "Let me put you through the milk chute, dear, and you run and open the front door for Mommy..."  Hee.  We LOVED it when that happened because it was sanctioned shenanigans!  Climbing through the milk chute!  Wooo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2008 06:52:41 PM »

AAAAAAAARG!  I can't get the #$%^&*()*&^* button to add to my )*&^%$%^&* toolbar!  I've followed the click and drag directions, followed the manual directions for both Firefox and Mozilla (since I use Mozilla's Firefox) and even reloaded Firefox and closed/reopened it.  Any hints or tips?  I've an email into wists.com, but still.  I'm not technically illiterate.  I will give the following information:

~Wists.com directs me to open "Manage Bookmarks" in the Bookmarks menu, but my Bookmarks menu offers "Organize Bookmarks".
~There is no "Personal Toolbar" to select to add the link to.
~I do have a Bookmarks toolbar and it is checked to show under the view menu.  It shows, but is blank.
~I always update Firefox when notified, it is up-to-date as far as I can tell.

I'm very frustrated and annoyed by this as it's supposed to be simple and I hope I'm not overlooking something obvious (and embarrassing).

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clarebear84
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2008 09:01:09 PM »

I wish I could help you with the wist issue, but I used Explorer and had no issues. Maybe someone with Firefox can help! Hopefully you can fix it because wisting is fun!

Here are some pictures. I purchased this espresso pot at the thrift shop and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It was brand new from Italy. Who could abandon such a lovely pot?  This picture doesn't even give it justice.

This is a sweater made with wool from Llamajamma.com.  Their natural looking sweaters make me drool!!!

[

And lastly, some linens from Anthropologie.  They have such beautiful things that would love to be in my house someday when I am rich. Smiley

Sorry, not sure how to make the pictures larger!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Because behind this mask is an idea Mr. Crede, and ideas are bulletproof."  -V
annacharlotte
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2008 06:35:55 AM »

MistressT, if memory serves in Firefox  you can go to the widget page and click add bookmark, then when the window opens asking you where you want to put it, choose the folder "bookmarks toolbar."  I think that's how I did it, but I do remember having trouble in Firefox also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2008 01:56:32 PM »

MistressT, if memory serves in Firefox  you can go to the widget page and click add bookmark, then when the window opens asking you where you want to put it, choose the folder "bookmarks toolbar."  I think that's how I did it, but I do remember having trouble in Firefox also.

I don't see any link on the My Widgets page that says "Click to Add Bookmark". Is there a widgets page I'm just not catching?  I've now put "Add to Wists" in my Bookmark Toolbar folder 4-5 times.  When I click that I get an opportunity to make a thumbnail is all.  My poor Bookmark Toolbar is empty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alli_Lucy
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2008 02:12:06 PM »

In the hopes of joining this swap, I'll go ahead and share a beautiful/useful image, my button collection:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the timing will work out and allow me to join!

MistressT, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds to me like wists is working for you.  I use Firefox, and have "Add to Wists" on my bookmarks toolbar.  When I click it, it asks me to choose a thumbnail of the image I want to appear on my wists.  I click the image, which adds the item to my wists.  Then I get the option to view my wists, or return to the page where I began.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
Alli_Lucy
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2008 02:14:32 PM »

Opps, I left out a step there.  After I click the thumbnail, a page comes up allowing me to give the item a title, tag, and description.  Once I've entered that, I get the option to view wists or go back to where I began.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
TheMistressT

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2008 02:28:36 PM »

Opps, I left out a step there.  After I click the thumbnail, a page comes up allowing me to give the item a title, tag, and description.  Once I've entered that, I get the option to view wists or go back to where I began.

Yeah, I can't get it onto the actual tool bar, which is indeed there and empty.  It's just in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in my bookmarks.  I made the folder, since all I could do was get a link to add to my list and instead of my toolbar.  Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2008 02:33:02 PM »

I only have "add to wists" in my "favorites" screen now, because the last time I updated Internet Explorer it erased the wists buttons from my actual toolbar.  I have no idea how to get it back, but it works just fine for me from my favorites screen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design T-shirt Transfers on the Computer
How to Apply Embroidery Transfers
How to Choose Transfer Paper
How to Iron On Numbers to Fabric
How to Apply T-shirt Transfer Papers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...