A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful Use Swap. Signups Closed. Sendouts 2/29/08.  (Read 34796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2008 10:05:22 AM »

I'll have a go!

Well... me being the nerd I am, I just went round to take a couple of pics of my big beautiful-useful objects!

This is our big pirate treasure trunk!... This was supposed to contain my boyfriend's records, but my crafty habit (as usual) came first, and it's now full of paper and felt... ahem! Smiley

This is the trunk we originally got for my crafty supplies... I love it to bits! Found it at the local dump, and got it for 3!! We think it's at least 80 years old - probably older... it still has all the originals tags inside toooo sayinging "Best steel travelling trunks by the Roy Brothers,. Calcutta"

...excuse the mess... Wink

The other bit of the house that we're particularly proud of is my writing desk. I get really bad migranes and bleary eyes if I'm on the computer for more than an hour or so at a time, so my lovely boyfriend donated his old type writer, and we found a fantastic school desk at the local flea market... complete with graffiti! anyhoos... feast your eyeses (D normal people get excited about typewriters, school desks and trunks? Probably not!

I definitely think that the story/ history behind something is one of the things that gives objects their beauty...

... blimey! What a long post! Sorry if I clogged up anyone's pomtooters - I just got a tad over excited at taking piccos!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 10:06:36 AM by rakechan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2008 10:09:13 AM »

wow, I love the trunks and the typewriter!  I'll have to post some pics too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
annacharlotte
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2008 10:30:51 AM »

I'm totally swooning over your typewriter....wow.. .give me a minute...  Wink

I have one typewriter at home (which I love, but it's not as gorgeous as yours) and there is an attic-full of typewriters (many writers in the family) at my family's summer house in upstate New York.  It is all I can do not to take them home on the airplane.  Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me, they each way about 30 lbs., and just aren't all that portable.  Boo.

Didn't get a chance to take pictures last night, but I've staked out some important objects for near-future photo shoots.  I won't say I'll post them tonight, because, obviously, I'm a big liar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2008 10:39:57 AM »

... feast your eyeses (D normal people get excited about typewriters, school desks and trunks? Probably not!

Do normal people even know what they're missing?  Grin WE get excited about typewriters, school desks and trunks! Terrific finds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2008 10:49:55 AM »

Hehe - very true!

The typewriter was resurrected by my boyfriend's Ma, after she found it at a jumble sale years ago (when Rob was just a nipper!) What a cool ma is that? Smiley I have a 60s typewriter stashed at my parents too, but it doesn't have keys - it has TEETH! This one's much more polite, and doesn't chew up my fingers when I start typing over enthusiastically!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambear
if you want me to, i'll cook and sew.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2008 11:38:07 AM »

I just joined this swap today and wanted to say hi!
Also, thanks for sharing such beautiful useful objects here. I am really looking forward to participating in this swap.
Amber
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je suis riche, mais sans un sous.
http://www.sambaelegua.com/listen.html
annacharlotte
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2008 12:14:08 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've just cross-checked my signups, and updated the first post and I think we're up-to-date, but would you all do me a favor and make sure that if you've pm'ed me your info, your name is on the list?  If it's not, would you send me a gentle reminder?  Thanks so much.

Your Faithful Organizer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2008 08:12:10 PM »

I'm excited to be joining this swap.  It's my first, though I am an experienced crafter.  I've been knitting for 30 years and sewing for 12, plus other assorted crafts.

It will be fun fun fun to plan what to make for my partner.

Therisa
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008 01:42:46 PM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
babychel
McTavish: the tiniest kitty in all the land

Yep, that is a tissue box ...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008 07:18:29 AM »

My inspirational photo is on my Craftster Gallery site, but I have no idea how to connect it here.  If I learn I will edit this post so the pic shows.

You have to insert some code before and after the link.  If I type the code here, it does not show.  You must use the left bottom bracket by the P, then type img, then use the right bottom bracket, then your link, then another img with the brackets, except this time put a forwards slash before the img - Does this make sense?

Anyone else want to chime in and help?  Sweets? r u there?

Anyway, welcome to the swap!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
~Threadless

wisty goodness
annacharlotte
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008 07:22:55 AM »

I also pm'ed Therisa an explanation, but it was tricky to do because, again, the code was not allowed in the pm--it thought I was trying to send a pic even when I added asterics and spaces.  <shrug> 

Here's Therisa's picture, anyway:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Andre Leon Talley Upgrades Zappos to Couture
How to Match with Your Prom Date – Without Looking Cheesy
How to Look Edgy Cool at Prom
How to Find Your Perfect Prom Shoes
DIY: Perfect Pair of Cut-Off Shorts!
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...