A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bread maker?  (Read 1527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gemcraft
« on: December 31, 2007 06:29:47 PM »

Not sure where if anywhere this belongs but wondered if anyone had a bread maker?

I love to make different types of bread - I like the process of the kneading, rising twice and baking - the old fashioned way. But my fibromyalgia doesnt like me doing it much now and we need more bread than i can make - does anyone have a good breadmaker they can recommend?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
rhino
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007 06:55:03 PM »

you can check out americas test kitchen either write to them or do a search they test all kitchen products there is also consumer reports i dont use a breadmaker but if i was in the market for one i would check out these sites before i set foot in a store Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007 08:28:30 PM »

my girl friend gave me her Oster last year, since she rarely used it, and i have carpal tunnel and can't knead bread anymore.  i use it AT LEAST once a week.  i really love that thing.  i've never used a boxed mix with it, all my breads are from scratch- and theyre always fab.  i really, really like it. 
heres the link to the manual
http://www.oster.com/manuals/oster/005838-000-000_English.pdf

ive made bagels, pizza dough, cinnamon roll, all manner of wheat and flax bread, everything except the jam.  but im going to try it one of these days.  so, yes, i do indeed recommend the oster bread machine.  as long as you put the ingredients in order, mine is really reliable. (i read a recipe on allrecipes that was all 'screw the order, just dump it all in at once.  trust me.'  wrong!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
Gemcraft
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008 02:45:19 AM »

Thanks guys - Im in the UK so I looked at the ones which magazine recommends and there are three they think are good - I just dont know which one to go for. Theres a big price difference!!!! A Panasonic SD-252 and a SD- 253 and a Russell Hobbs Breadman Junior 10882. they are all supposed to be good but i dont know whether to shell out the extra on the more expensive ones or not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
the franz
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008 04:11:06 PM »

I own a Breadman bread machine which is actually being put to use right now. I like this machine for its compact size.  It's quite functional too.  Besides bread I also use it to make dough for rolls, pizza, cinnaman buns, etc... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

egg_salady
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008 06:22:50 PM »

I really like my breadman too and the recipes in their little booklet have worked out well!  I made some pizza dough and that zuccini-herb-wheat bread in the booklet and it came out fantastic.  it's really easy to clean, too.  i highly recommend that model.  i got lucky since my ex's parents gave it to me because they never used it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008 05:59:25 PM »

My Black and Decker bread maker is nearly 10 years old and workes wonderfully! It gets used several times a month, usually to make pizza dough, but I baked bread in it often too. Its a nice sturdy machine.

What ever machine you do pick, make sure it has many different settings as possible so you can make your own bread recipes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
lissaw70
Hi....my name is Lissa...........and I'm a craft junkie...........

Pretty please?! With sugar on top???.....<3

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008 07:42:59 AM »

Not sure where if anywhere this belongs but wondered if anyone had a bread maker?

I love to make different types of bread - I like the process of the kneading, rising twice and baking - the old fashioned way. But my fibromyalgia doesnt like me doing it much now and we need more bread than i can make - does anyone have a good breadmaker they can recommend?

I have fibromyalgia as well...........my sister-in-law gave me her bread machine because she didn't like using it..........(she's got 5 kids,  so most of her recipes are all quick meals...... Roll Eyes )........Mine's a Kenmore.........she didn't have the manual anymore.........but it's digital.........so it pretty much is self explanatory.........and I've found that most online recipes have the setting included.  Did I mention that I used to be a bread disaster waiting to happen?..... Grin

I've learned a lot of kitchen shortcuts over the years because of my fibro..........but this has been so far the BEST investment I've made!........And it didn't take long for me to move from allowing the machine to bake the bread to just making the dough and baking it myself................Now.........if I could jus' find a buttermilk biscuit recipe I could mix in there......... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama was wrong..........idle hands lead to fantabulous projects!!
Gemcraft
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008 08:04:40 AM »

Thanks for the advice everyone - we have ordered one and am waiting for it to arrive now
Lissaw70 - thats what i want to do most of the time - just let it knead the dough and do the rest myself. I shall have to wait and see  tho!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008 09:47:04 AM »

zomgs, last night i made the dough for chia siu bau in the bread machine and it came out perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Perfect Body with Photoshop
How to Use The Blender Interface
How to Navigate in Blender
How to Load & Save in Blender
How to UV Map in Blender
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...