A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Menstrual Care Package Swap - 3 (SIGN UPS CLOSED, SENDOUTS 19 FEB)  (Read 17794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008 03:52:12 AM »

I'm excited and I already have some ideas. Smiley

Oh, just a thought. For those who'd like cloth pads or stuff like that it might be useful to know if they're heavy or light bleeders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poppiesinjuly
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008 12:13:38 PM »

This is such a cool swap.  Smiley  I won't sign up because I'm not sure that I have enough posts and because I'm in a lot of ATC swaps on another site, but this is such a cool idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FASHION_freak
Live, laugh, love

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008 07:11:42 PM »

Totally signed up for this one! Sounds like too much fun if you ask me.  Grin

I wish I had the package already though. I just got mine a couple hours ago. Totally sucks and I'm in pain right now.  Cry

Oh and this divacup thing - anyone use it and swear by it? I've never heard of it. But dude - almost $35 for 1 cup per package? Am I reading this right? Is it worth it? PM me if you'd like. I don't want to get off the swap subject too much.

I am brainstorming already...  Lips sealed
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008 07:13:31 PM by FASHION_freak » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love, Gail

wist - the things I want & love
etsy shop - buy a thing or two

I love Edward Cullen! <3
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008 04:03:09 AM »

Yes, it's worth it since it's not a one time cost. You use the cup over and over again and with proper care it'll last for years. You do the math... There are disposable cup-like things too, but the name escapes me at the moment. EDIT: Insteads!

Two good places to ask about cups and other stuff like that:
http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups
http://community.livejournal.com/vaginapagina

I bought some cloth pad supplies yesterday. Yay for soft christmas fabrics on sale! Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008 04:06:05 AM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyGal1965
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008 04:14:39 PM »

I have signed up for this.  I am already getting some really wonderful ideas.

Anyone see or heard of knit or crocheted pads?  I found one, however I want to have wings and need an overnight style.  I hate the paper pads, however the Luna pads are expensive.  My sewing machine is pieces.  What I need is a Serger.  Hope I can get one or access to one.  Ih ave been shopping around for one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008 06:50:55 PM »

Anyone see or heard of knit or crocheted pads?  I found one, however I want to have wings and need an overnight style.  I hate the paper pads, however the Luna pads are expensive.  My sewing machine is pieces.  What I need is a Serger.  Hope I can get one or access to one.  Ih ave been shopping around for one.

I think wings would be pretty easy. Just do the gradual increase & decrease. ie. sc in next 2 stitches, hdc in next 2 stitches, dc in next 2 stitches, trc in next 2 stitches, dc in next 2 stitches, hdc in next 2 stitches, sc in next 2 stitches. I would think you may want to do the pad part in tunision and do a test wash to see how much the cotton will stretch. You would still probably have to make sewn inserts because I think a crocheted one would be too bulky.

I'm contemplating this swap. I just saw a cute little bag I wanted to make this may be the excuse to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008 01:26:53 AM »

I've got two kinds of cloth pads, solid ones with wings and ones that have a winged bottom that can be used to hold one or more inserts. The ones with inserts are more versatile since I can use the inserts as they are on light days. Inserts = 2 or 3 layers of soft fabric serged together (I think) that are folded to form 3 layers. I'm going to try using my nice new fabric and make 2-sided strips to fold and use.

If you want winged knitted or crocheted pads it might be an idea to sew/knit/crochet a thinner holder and use knitted/crocheted fabric with a bit more bulk as inserts.

Care to share the pattern you found?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyGal1965
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008 12:25:15 PM »

I've got two kinds of cloth pads, solid ones with wings and ones that have a winged bottom that can be used to hold one or more inserts. The ones with inserts are more versatile since I can use the inserts as they are on light days. Inserts = 2 or 3 layers of soft fabric serged together (I think) that are folded to form 3 layers. I'm going to try using my nice new fabric and make 2-sided strips to fold and use.

If you want winged knitted or crocheted pads it might be an idea to sew/knit/crochet a thinner holder and use knitted/crocheted fabric with a bit more bulk as inserts.

Care to share the pattern you found?

Here it is: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180429.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlosun_9
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008 03:51:55 PM »

I've signed up and can't wait to have a partner so I can get started!  I have found several great cloth pad patterns and several cute bags. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008 03:22:36 AM »

Thanks for the pattern and sorry for hijacking the thread. It's not all about cloth pads and cups after all.

I think I've seen a knitted case/roll/thingy for tampons and pads. I need to try to find all my period related links and craft inspiration sites again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
About Painting Expert Linda Rhea
Acrylic Sponge Painting Technique
Glazing Acrylic Painting Techniques
How to Paint Shadows and Highlights With Acrylic
How to Paint Tulips With Acrylic
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...