A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Menstrual Care Package Swap - 3 (SIGN UPS CLOSED, SENDOUTS 19 FEB)  (Read 20021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlosun_9
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007 05:41:05 PM »

I would love to do this swap but won't be able to do swaps until after the 25th as I am a new member Sad  So happy that I found this community, now waiting impatiently to be able to swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sin esperanza
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007 08:50:12 PM »

Yay for all the enthusiasm!  I'd love all of you to join up, the more the merrier.

Oh and I'll add to the chorus of mooncup lovers... I've been using one for a while now and I don't leak.  And I remember talking to my Dad about it (he's a doctor) and he said that it sounded a lot safer (surgical grade silicone is much less prone to TSS than bleached polyester/nylon) and healthier for the vagina.

girlosun_9 - If you're really keen I'll extend sign ups!

Annchen - I'd love to have you if you feel you can fit it in... I'm only reserving the right to turn away people if they've been really slack and uncommunicative previously.  as long as you communicate, the rest is negotiable!  Hope you decide to join. xx

NixArmageddon - You're in!  I tend to go overboard with all the stuff I want to include so it seemed sensible to book an extra post so I could edit it and add stuff if I thought of if later.  Sigh, I'm turning into a geek (ha!)!

C'mon y'all send in your info!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
ozrockchic8
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007 10:11:21 PM »

diva cups are fabulous. i've been using sea sponges since i was 13 or so, i just couldn't get comfortable with tampons, all those chemicals and bleach. yuck!

ok, so how does that work?? are they just regular ol' sea sponges like some use in the shower? Im intrigued Wink also by this 'diva cup'. must search around Cheesy
Love to get in on this swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps
straw_holder

still striving for perfection...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008 10:40:23 PM »

Gonna think about this swap...  I'm hedging for a few reasons, but a big one is that I'm not sure I'd want to sew cloth pads, and it seems like that's what most everyone did in the previous swaps... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sin esperanza
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008 11:56:51 PM »

straw_holder: don't feel like you have to make cloth pads, it's a menstrual care package.... heat packs, soap, candles, fertility calendars, screen printed t-shirts (I want one that says 'don't piss me off, i'm bleeding!), hot bath stuff, massage stuff, pain relief teas, crocheted tampons, bag to carry pads in, soft toy to hug, hot water bottle cover, vodoo doll to stick pins in, something celebrating vaginas to remind us that it isn't all miserable..... the sky is the limit!  Tutorials for some of these are on the intro page.

Just be sure to mention it in your info and talk to your partner about it heaps!  Hope you decide to join. xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
ozrockchic8
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008 01:36:04 AM »

After looking through all the previous ones, I think I want to try some cloth pads - they look funky! Now if only I was a good sewer......  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008 01:44:02 AM »

The only cloth pad I've actually made is a bit crooked and lumpy, but it was fun to make. It was a nice way to allow my favourite (but worn out) pyjamas live on a little longer. I've got tons of rags and worn out clothes that could, in theory, become cloth pads... My sister has the sewing machine at the moment so I doubt I'll sew something anytime soon.

Speaking of rags. The page linked on the first page has some really nice patterns: http://shewhorunsintheforest.googlepages.com/0011
If I was better at sewing I'd so try the circle pad, it looks like a really nice idea.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008 01:45:17 AM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008 08:17:58 AM »

oooo! i hope my package arrives and i get my feedback before this swap closes! i'd LOVE to do this one!!

adding to the diva cup chorus! awesome invention!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
girlosun_9
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008 05:50:05 PM »

I really would love to be part of this swap and will be eligible on the 25th, thanks for being flexible!

Here is a link for the divacup as I have noticed that some are curious . . . www.divacup.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NixArmageddon
Generosity of Spirit

Hand in unloveable hand...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008 06:13:14 PM »

I am so very very excited by this swap. I can't wait to start working on things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mark Henshaw on His Debut Thriller, "Red Cell"
The Forsaken Book Trailer
When You Were Mine Book Trailer
Owen West on Being an American Adviser to the Iraqi Army
Douglas Florian Reads His Poem Worker Bees
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...