A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What Do You Listen To While Knitting?  (Read 4945 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007 05:04:40 PM »

Podcasts. My favorite is Cast On.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
clicksticks
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007 05:39:24 PM »

I don't have a  TV anymore, so mostly I listen to the radio.  And I mostly knit in the evenings, so I listen to Fair Game and On Point on my local NPR station.  I LOVE Fair Game, it's really very entertaining...if you like TV shows like the Daily Show you will probably also enjoy FG.  I think you can download the show for an mp3 player also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
carolynbb
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007 06:39:07 PM »

It's not knitting, but I love watching hockey games while doing cross-stitch.   Grin  (that's on the TV, I mean, not at the rink -- I give my full concentration to the game...and my beer....when I'm watching a live game!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007 06:46:58 PM »

I like to knit while watching movies or TV.  I made Christmas presents this year while watching Ugly Betty on DVD.  I also will listen to whatever on my iPod (usually Beck, David Grey or some indie artist).  I also have been slowly working my way through The Omnivore's Dilemma (the audiobook).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hana0205

OWJ! you're the only one that I could live for

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007 08:04:21 PM »

wow that's so great to hear what all of you guys do, and what kind of songs and shows you watch.  looks like ipod and tv is what most people prefer to do?

I like listening to podcasts. There's a sermon audio on iTunes from The Village Church located in the DFW, Texas area. Otherwise, sometimes I'll pop in a movie, flip on the tv, or just let my music shuffle. It's good to knit with company, too, cause you can just chat and listen to people.
that's a really good idea, to listen to sermons on podcasts, or tape, etc. i would definitely have done that a month ago, but i have sorta been questioning the faith thing lately...
I find that when i'm knitting, i tend to have to concentrate reeeaaally hard, and i can't really talk to other people, or watch tv for that matter... but it is a very good idea for most of you expert knitters!

Sometimes, when I don't feel like reading a certain book, or I am behind on one for school, i get one on tape and listen to it while i knit. It actually kind of helps, because i don't get bored with the book on tape, because I have something to do while I listen.
  I would love it if I could get my chem text books on tape.  It would be great to be able to study while I knit.
lol. I would also LOVE it if someone made a tape of my organic chem textbook.... hey I can listen to lecture audios while i knit!! *lightbulb goes on*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hana0205

OWJ! you're the only one that I could live for

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007 08:08:37 PM »

Podcasts. My favorite is Cast On.
LOL.... pun intended??

(referring to your profile pic) you can pretty much call me the "Queen of procrastinators"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007 08:38:12 PM »

i crochet while watching movies. typically i pop in a movie i've seen a gazillion times so i can know exactly whats going on when and i don't really have to pay attention, its more for background noise. i also crochet while riding in the car. i make my b/f drive everywhere when we're home and even if its for a half hr drive i'll try and get some done b/c w/ a 16 month old at home, i don't have too much time to craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hurdles2006
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007 06:37:37 AM »

Sometimes, when I don't feel like reading a certain book, or I am behind on one for school, i get one on tape and listen to it while i knit. It actually kind of helps, because i don't get bored with the book on tape, because I have something to do while I listen.
  I would love it if I could get my chem text books on tape.  It would be great to be able to study while I knit.
lol. I would also LOVE it if someone made a tape of my organic chem textbook.... hey I can listen to lecture audios while i knit!! *lightbulb goes on*
I have this horrible image of my roommate and I playing tapes of our orgo book on loop all the time.  ugh Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kate
cassette.

writer.photographer.artist.frustrated seamstress.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007 06:43:48 AM »

I am a university student so personally I had wanted to see if there are any sciency textbook material that you can listen to, rather than read Cool... but anything is good really. I know that many of you listen to audio books and the radio.

I'm not a fellow knitter actually, but I spotted this and thought I might be able to help. It depends where you are really but there are a lot of Open University tapes hanging around, (I've got at least one covering radioactivity). They're used for students doing courses at the OU so I'm guessing the information is fine, and the background knowledge probably useful. and, from a non-science point of view, their voiceovers are pretty soothing Smiley

Let me know if that's helpful to you?
cassette. x

edited to add:
as I say, I don't knit, but I've been listening to the white stripes new album while I'm breaking stuff apart for my latest project Smiley I guess anything rhythmic is probably good for the ol' yarn-wrangling though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007 06:47:01 AM by cassette. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
neggie
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007 08:16:59 AM »

Not really a resource for textbooks (unless, I guess, you're in English or Classics or something), but I love listening to Librivox. They've got tons of audio files of books read by volunteers up for free. It's really nice for when you're doing something mindless (stockinette), especially to a deadline, when you have lots of time to listen to something the whole way through.

Otherwise, I just listen to the TV/movies. Nothing subtitled, though... that doesn't work so well. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Hair Cuts For Women In Their 20s
DIY Hair Brightener For Sunkissed Locks
Simple Steps to Saving Your Hair Color This Summer
How to Create a Simple Chignon
Best Of Hair Products For Curly Hair and Post Swimming
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...