A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,021
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pocket Diapers!  (Read 6080 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happyfrog
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007 01:01:53 AM »

I am a fellow cloth diapering mom who just finished the first part of my next kid's stash of diapers:

14 small diaper covers
12 fitted very baby serged small diapers
39 chloe toes fitted small diapers
14 medium diaper covers

pics are here:  http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/happyfroggy/Diaper%20Stash/

I'm going to be working on 40 medium chloe toes fitted diapers soon.  Smiley

BettyAnn
mommy to 2 in cloth diapers, soon to be THREE in cloth diapers AT ONCE!

I thought I was up to my eyeballs in diapers, but I only have one in diapers!  Do you have any tips on storing them.  The diaper stacker is no longer an option, and it didn't hold them very well anyway.  I can't even fit a days worth in the diaper pail anymore and am going to get a bigger one.

I just bought a 3 drawer plastic 'dresser' thingy from walmart for about $20 for the next kid's diapers and clothes.

the 2 kids currently in diapers have their diapers stored in a 6 drawer dresser that's about waist high that I put a foam pad on covered with fabric and plastic - here's a partial pic of the dresser:

a closeup of the snaps i used on the vinyl covering the fabric covered foam - I tried to kind of make the vinyl part look like it was studs.  LOL

works pretty well.

top left drawer is prefolds/fitteds
top right is washcloths
left middle is aio/pockets/ai2's mostly and lay in doublers for extra protection
right middle is diaper covers and fleece pants
left bottom is clothes for the boys
right bottom is socks and slippers

hth.

bettyann

i freecycled my changing table a LONG time ago - this works MUCH better for me.

ps

for the diaper pail woes - i posted wanteds on freecycle for those tidy cat cat litter hinged top containers.  they work AWESOMELY in the bathrooms to hold the poopy diapers.  the wet diapers, you can see in the pic how I store them - they're in an old 'frosting' container I covered with contact paper - got it for $1 from the bakery at Walmart.  As long as one does NOT put a lid on the 'just wet' diapers, there is NO odor - weird, but true.

i do diaper laundry daily.  there's no way i could fit all the diapers and clothes the kids go thru in a day in the washer if i skipped a day. . .
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007 01:15:09 AM by happyfrog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.answeredprayers.aboutmybaby.com
mommy to three amazing children on earth!  Smiley
aimee_ant123
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007 01:48:32 AM »

Sweet!! im totally bookmarking this thread for when i have babies!! Cheesy  this has to be cheaper than disposable diapers by far!!  and more eco-friendly might i add.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happyfrog
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007 02:02:13 AM »

Sweet!! im totally bookmarking this thread for when i have babies!! Cheesy  this has to be cheaper than disposable diapers by far!!  and more eco-friendly might i add.

it's cheaper if you stay focused and only make what you need.  i will warn you, as others who make diapers for their kids can testify, it's VERY addictive.

you will see fabric in the store and just 'have' to buy it to make a new dipe for the youngling.  holidays will never be the same again.  4th of july - hmm, flag diaper.  *grin*  st. patrick's day - green shamrocks. . .you're seeing what happens?  LOL

it's just such fun! to make fluff for your kid!  Smiley

bettyann
who just took a break from serging (finished up a bunch of washcloth/wipes) and put the serger away to get out the sewing machine to finish the corners of the washcloths and thought I'd take a peek at my emails. ..   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.answeredprayers.aboutmybaby.com
mommy to three amazing children on earth!  Smiley
ddkitten
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007 02:37:27 AM »

All very true - DH and I love pockets for the kids. I have made a range of pocket nappies and have some cut ready to sew but don't currently need them Smiley.

The two main patterns I have started with are Mama Bird (http://www.geocities.com/rew4birth/Diapers.html) and Wee Weka (http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/diy.php). Changes where  made to suit my kids.

Di - Mum to 3 all have been/are cloth babies
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PolymerJanna

I'm pro-crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007 07:03:26 AM »

we used cloth for almost a year it was ok. but I got too busy to wash them all the time Sad  I love your diapers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thumbkin
manic butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007 08:34:04 AM »

Have you found making diapers to be kind of addicting?  I can't believe how much I enjoy making something that gets pooped on! Cheesy  I have found so many websites about making diapers that I had to make a diaper file in my favorites list.  I love it!

I found it so addicting that  I started making them and selling them!lol!  I had my own diaper biz for about 4 or 5 years when my youngest was little (he's 9 now)

you'll love it! there are lots of online communities around cloth diapers and the mamas are so nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thatcraftyrabbit

This bunny is crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007 08:48:58 AM »

These are brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007 09:13:49 AM »

diapers! i saw baby butt on the front page and had to go see immedietly!
 here's my dd in hers, the only one i could find on craftster-
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184692.0
it's supposedly dry clean only fabric, but she's worn it since june! ignore the lining fleece not matching, it's what was on hand...
 she started out in mama bird dipes i altered a bit, and has been in ottobre dipes i altered for 6 months or so! fleece inner and outer, pockets with homemade microfiber inserts, and the others are cotton outers with fleece inners and a hidden layer of procare. i learned vinyl fumes toxins AFTER making diapers with procare, which is 75% vinyl. now all i want to put her in is wool, it's the only thing natural and waterproof...vinyl and PUL are both made of plastics that fume poison. vinyl polyurethane are horrible...
 at least all the fleece i have isn't quite as bad, and i agree, i love fleece! when i tried the cotton/procare diapers i learned they don't stretch (in the tabs mostly) when she's starting to outgrow them, and i lose like 2 months of use... if i cut the fleece to be stretchier sideways and not lengthwise i get longer use out of them...
 blah,blah,blah! and you can make a wetbag out of anything waterproof, particularly waterproof diapering fabric, but vinyl or whatever too. when my daughter goes out she doesn't usually need a diaper change, if the does the diaper goes in a bag. no big deal. only bad thing is when you forget a bag in the back of the car and have to open it days later- pheeww! the amonia pee stink is much worse when not exposed to oxygen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

swtater123
Mama Sweettater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007 10:22:26 AM »

Happyfrog, I love the dresser/changing table! The snaps are brilliant, I thought they were furniture tacks until I read otherwise. I had hoped to do something similar, but we don't have room for a changing table or another dresser. Sad  I do like the plastic drawer idea though, thanks.  I'm definately going to get one.   Thanks ddkitten for the wee weka  link!  I'm gonna try those, I've been wanting some gussets but needed a pattern.  I'm thinking of selling some diapers, but I need to experiment with some patterns first.  Also I've never sold anything online so I'm looking into the details.  Ammasmama, I did a search before starting these diapers and found some info you gave on the fleece pocket diapers.  Thanks so much, you're where I got the idea for fleece.  I already had flannel and terry for the inner, but I'm gonna try fleece inside next time.  I'm also into wool right now too.  It's WONDERFUL!  I knitted a cover that's in the knitting section on here.  It was super easy, and there's also a great way to make covers out of old wool sweaters too.  Thanks for all the feedback and tips everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jayneysews
Mummybuttons

Sewing for small boys is cool

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007 11:05:31 AM »

Cute diapers, and well done!
I make mine, too! Smiley We can start a club!

Have you found making diapers to be kind of addicting?  I can't believe how much I enjoy making something that gets pooped on! Cheesy  I have found so many websites about making diapers that I had to make a diaper file in my favorites list.  I love it!

I am totally addicted Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing and generally creative Mummy of four wonderful beings
http://www.mummybuttons.blogspot.com/

http://sewinginmysleep.blogspot.com/

She who sews...... ...wins
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Boat
How to Make an Origami Box
How to Make an Origami Jumping Frog
How to Make an Origami Fish
How to Make an Origami Lily
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...