A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,082
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer-What-You-Have (Crafts or Supplies) Swap - December/January  (Read 29638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008 08:26:58 PM »

See previous post for updated list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008 03:43:47 AM »

im posting to say im joining in the AM, i just need to get some sleep, and then take pix of what i am offering (supplies for now)
i have been waiting for this kind of thing, very bohemian, barter for goods, hippie goodness....i love it
and i know there have been SIMILIAR swaps, but none that i have been able to join (always too late, or too busy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
calluna

wandering...

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008 02:51:06 PM »

I will claim the red ties and birthday-dog fabric from KarenLouiseM.

This is my 5th ("fiiiif!") claim for this month, and I think I'm now maxed out for the moment (I feel really confused right now so I'm not exactly sure). 3 sent, 2 received, one is ready to be mailed.

My list:

**I have tons and tons of paper/ephemera for swapping, I can include some with any claim if you want.

For your claim, you can pick any THREE of the following (or one thing from the "pick 2" list and 1-2 things from this "pick 3" list):

- Vintage girls dress pattern, Advance #5170. size 6, breast 24 

- Vintage men's knit shirt and shorts pattern, Simplicity pattern 5044. size 42; chest 42", waist 36". Please let me know if you specifically want the image on the front of the envelope; otherwise I'll keep it for cheesy papercraft  Grin

- Vintage women's jumpsuit pattern, Butterick #5889, size 14. Please let me know if you specifically want the image on the front of the envelope; otherwise I'll keep it for cheesy papercraft  Grin

- Vintage women's ("misses") pattern for blouse, halter and pants; McCall's #4426. Misses' size 16, bust 38. Please let me know if you specifically want the image on the front of the envelope; otherwise I'll keep it for cheesy papercraft  Grin

- Vintage women’s Simplicity pattern #9930, for knit tops.

- Vintage women’s Simplicity pattern #7049, for dress or shirt

- Vintage McCalls pattern #3211, for women’s tunic or dress

- Vintage McCalls “Raggedy Ann” pattern #2529, for children’s wear.

- Big sheet of unicorn wrapping paper, mainly green, foresty design

- This amount of pink plush material.

- Pre-1990s set of foldable postcard/notes with images of butterfly and dragonfly embroidery (these are not actually embroidered, they are just pictures of embroidered designs). A few other designs included

- 12x12” scrapbook paper - words and sayings, looks like a collage. 2 double-sided designs on cardstock, about a half dozen sheets

- 6 small vintage "open house" cards with envelopes 

- unopened pack of Ranger Rick valentine cards! These’ve got to be old.

- 2 medium-large-ish embroidery hoops of the same size

- Small pink crocheted bag (not made by me, either), with satiny dark brown lining and zippered pocket. Just needs handles. 

- Set of buttons that either look like wood or ARE wood, I’m not sure.

- 2 unfinished wooden door-hangers for decorating

- An approx. 6x6" needlepoint on Aida cloth that says in dainty letters, "F*** your gender". (The actual piece has it spelled out, and I'm not posting a photo for obvious reasons.)

- Loves Me/Loves Me Not wheel, in plastic packaging, comeswith envelope for mailing. Spin the wheel instead of picking a poor daisy's petals off! There are also answers like those of a Magic 8-Ball inside of the wheel (in the 2nd picture), with a window on the outer/top wheel.   

- Outer cover (front and back covers still attached to each other) of old pulp paperback novel, airline/pilot themed. Some pages from the book included.

- Unused butterfly stencil. The sheet is 8.5x11". 

Or, pick any TWO of the following:

- Somerset Studio magazine, March/April 2001 - "Art of the Greco-Roman Era" theme

- Somerset Studio magazine, January/February 2001 - "Asian Arts" theme

- Vintage Strawberry Shortcake "Spank the Berry Bird" card game. The cards are in the same style as the rest of the old Strawberry Shortcake illustrations, but they do not have any images of the characters themselves, with the exception of the Berry Bird. 

- 8.5x11" rubber stamp sheet, with a floral, dragonfly, Asian theme to the stamps. I have 2 of these left.

- A bunch of these white satin pieces embroidered with an “F” in a metallic gold (Teachers: flunk out your students with style!)

- Vintage "Little Cindy" doll 

- Approx two dozen old-fashioned wooden clothespins (the kind without the spring hinge, used for dollmaking), with an unopened pack of 50 “dollipins”, smaller for the same kind of crafting:

- 10 paper bowling coasters in original package (It says 12 on the package, but I’m going to take a couple of them out for myself!)

- Lots of buttons with the holes in the back. Most of these are flat on top so they can be decorated. 

- Animal print fabric pack - faux fur/plushie material (it doesn’t look or feel like real fur) with a yard or 2 of plain cotton (?) leopard print

- 12x12” scrapbook paper - modern girlie pack  - 13 sheets, very few duplicates 

- 12x12” scrapbook paper - nature, fishing, floral pack - 16 sheets, a few are duplicates

- 12x12” scrapbook paper - stripes and miscellaney pack - about a dozen sheets, a few plain cream-colored thick ones, mainly non-duplicate designs.

- Black beaded necklace with pink and crystal accents. Those are Barbie feet down in the corner, for scale. 

- Small glass paints in multiple colors, from beginners kits

- “The Complete Guide to Rubber Stamping”, by Grace Taormina   

- OLD book entitled, "Questions Boys Ask." Cover is light blue with a big question mark on it. Covers all the essentials with that unmistakeable mid-20th century flavor.

- “Gift Baskets for All Seasons”, by Elizabeth Jane Lloyd

- 50+ sheets of very thin and soft, pale pink mulberry/kozo paper, approx. 8.5 x 11". Perfect for valentines or wedding invitations, IMO.

- 4 handmade journals made from recycled materials. I will try to send ones that match your taste. This one is just a sample front and back:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/75773scan0111.jpg

- Frame decorated with fortunes from fortune cookies and bits of color here and there. Includes the wall-mount hardware.

- 3 beaded safety pin cuff bracelets - 1 small purple with sequins, 1 medium reddish, 1 large (the rainbow one).
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/75773scan008.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_1123.JPG

- Metal rule/adjustable cropper

- Vintage aluminum cake decorating tool with some different tips. The packaging is too cute...

Or, pick one of the following:
- Thick book of variety of sheer fabric samples, most white or off-white but several colors as well. 

- Bob Marley book, by Margaret E Ward (ISBN #0681418664). 80 pages. Good condition, has TONS of color and b&w images, it could be kept for its original booky purpose or torn into for reuse of the images.

- Book entitled "Water" for altered book project. It's an old USDA Agricultural Yearbook publication, available online in full-text, but the best part is this great bookcover of a disembodied cow head arising from the water! I've already pulled out several pages to facilitate less-bulky altering; my original idea was to make the book about this cow named Water who was out for revenge...but the idea never went anywhere. It's got good potential, though: 

- 4 matching vintage schoolhouse cutouts. Appr. 8" tall, some with a reversed design so they can be placed back-to-back. Small hole in the top of each. Would make a great cover for a round-robin journal/book about school life.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/school.jpg

- Rolls of color-coded stickers with days of the week, in a few languages. They're in a floppy plastic enclosure that keeps them together. 
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/75773stickers.jpg

- 3-d paper Muppet Show centerpiece, circa 1980. 

- Vintage embossing kit - pretty much all that‘s left is the 6 vials of embossing powder (copper, gold, silver, red, blue, and green):

- Miscellaneous old doll-parts (faces, hands and feet). Kinda creepy! Almost *double* the amount shown in the pictures (I just got some more that look like apes or Monchichis):

- A USPS flat rate envelope stuffed with images and flat ephemera based on your likings. I have so much, it’s really taking over.

- This ultrakitsch plastic vintage barn-clock. It's about 2 ft tall. The cow's head rocks back and forth as the clock pendulum. The inner clockwork probably needs to be replaced; the clock isn't currently running.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/608896-R1-E013_013.jpg

Happy claiming!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009 10:59:56 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gannon
Those who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person doing it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2008 03:11:10 PM »

I'd like to claim from Calluna:
Japan-themed rubber stamp and
metal cropping ruler.

This is my second swap fpr January.  My first one has been completed.
I'll post my offerings in another message.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can read this, thank a teacher! 

Visit my blog :  http://clayplaycafe.blogspot.com
gannon
Those who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt the person doing it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2008 03:24:27 PM »

My updated claim list is here:
http://tinyurl.com/2ejsnd
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can read this, thank a teacher! 

Visit my blog :  http://clayplaycafe.blogspot.com
OrangeAngel23
Orange Angel's Profile

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008 01:53:51 PM »

I am making a claim from gannon-

Sunbonnet Sisters Pattern Booklet and 1 yard of vintage cotton fabric

Here is my list of things that I have to offer.  You may only claim 1 item from the list.

1 -

Small hand made afghan

2 -

Grimlin type pins (4 total, must go as a set)

3 -

Necklace 1

4 -

Necklace 2

5 -

Necklace 3

EDIT - sorry I forgot to add necklace 3, and all of my jewelry is hypoallergenic, in case someone is allergic to fake metals like I am.  And to those who are offering jewelry or things made with wire, you might want to add if it is hypoallergenic or not because I am very alergic to fake or plated metals.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008 03:25:13 PM by OrangeAngel23 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very interested in doing swaps.  Please PM me if you are interested!  I love to make beaded things, and am now learning to sew!  Sooo.. please feel free to chat with me about crafty things!
purpleone
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2008 01:57:30 PM »

OrangeAngel23 don't forget to say in your post what you're claiming from Gannon's list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2008 02:03:42 PM »

Yes, you only post your list when you claim something from the list that is currently up for grabs (at the moment it's gannon's). You also need to have at least five things on your list before you claim and post your list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
OrangeAngel23
Orange Angel's Profile

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2008 02:15:15 PM »

Thanks for the head up on that!  I knew it didnt look quite right.  But it's fixed now.  Check out my goodies!  I have loads of left over necklaces from a bazaar I was selling at, I figured I'd hang onto them for some swapping or something. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very interested in doing swaps.  Please PM me if you are interested!  I love to make beaded things, and am now learning to sew!  Sooo.. please feel free to chat with me about crafty things!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2008 02:23:36 PM »

OrangeAngel23, you still need to fix your claim.  You cannot claim from calluna.  You need to pick something from Gannon since this works in a chain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a French Twist
How to Updo using a Hair Comb and a French Twist Hairstyle
Flawless Skin Tips
Celebrity Look-Alike
TopShop Hair Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...