A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer-What-You-Have (Crafts or Supplies) Swap - December/January  (Read 25559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2008 09:52:59 PM »

I claim the green and magenta yarn -- this is my 3rd pending claim.

PICK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO MAKE ONE CLAIM:

Reeses Girl Stencil T-Shirt: extra long size small orange Urban Outfitter t-shirt. It's really cuddly fabric.  (I think this is more properly thought of x-tra small, it's too little for me and I have a chest size of 36" to give you an idea)

PICK TWO OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO MAKE ONE CLAIM

MADE BY ME

Tea wallet:  I whipped up a few of these this afternoon.  They are like these but different fabrics, including lemons, light blue with flowers, royal blue and tropical.

Pick two (of the following three) pocket tissue holders (they come with tissues in it) -- one is Mary Englebright fabric, one is a pretty blue fabric and one is Strawberry Shortcake ballerina.  All are full lined with a contrasting fabric.

Hemp jewlery -- four bracelets and one necklace (two include metal beads)

Crazy quilt wallet -- it has credit card slots as well as a money slot in the inside. The inside is an orange and brown polka dot print.

Eagle tote bag -- made from a recycled t-shirt sewn over a hemp bag (it has a hemp front and back so it's sturdy).  That's a dust spot from a kitten paw on the lower right, I'll wash it off before sending Tongue  This is done with French seams.

SUPPLIES

Unopened mini scrapbook kit

Poseable pals kit -- has everything you need to make one teddy bear and one butterfly beaded key chain

Miniature office supply kit -- this whole thing is like six inches big; it has small stickies, paperclips and even a small roll of tape and stapler.  The front has a law firm name on it (tehehe, a freebie when I was interviewing) but you could easily decoupage stuff on there -- or even better, I love decoupaging, you tell me the them you want on it and I'll do that for you.  Perfect to keep in your bag for those random craft moments.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
purpleone
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2008 03:31:38 AM »

Ooh I'd like to claim two of your tea wallets please athenamat - LOVE tea and have sachets that need organizing! This is my 5th claim, 2 rec'd.

Please pick one of the following for a claim:

-Crochet hat like this one I made snowyangel in your choice of colour (PM me)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219603.msg2387167#msg2387167

-Ready-crocheted hat in caramel acrylic yarn
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/DSC00596.jpg

-Pink donut earrings, made with polymer clay charms crafted by my friend, shiny little beads and silver plated findings.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/P1010390.jpg

OR Pick any two of the following for one claim:

-Set of Perler bead boards
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/P1010403.jpg

-1.5in mini pot of handmade 'Rice Flower' solid perfume by Etsy seller
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/P1010409.jpg

-Set of flat-backed glass cabs
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/gfd1.jpg

-Set of 12 ceramic birdie beads
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/tty4.jpg

-My version of the bird nest ring
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/P1010387.jpg

-Long pink earrings by me, silver plated findings
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/P1010397.jpg

-Lightweight multicolour crochet earrings on silver plated hooks
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/DSC00603.jpg

-'Monkey Warning' or 'Happy Piggy' pocket mirror
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/mirrors.jpg

-Daisy earrings, crocheted cotton on sterling silver hooks.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb303/purpleonephotos/craft%20goodies%20for%20trade/P1010398.jpg
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008 02:32:39 AM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschkween
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2008 04:04:23 AM »

i claim purpleone's donut earrings...
this is my third claim. 2 sent. 2 received.
i am in the united states.

pick 4 of the following:

nintendo pin - (2 available)

turquoise colored earrings (that i got from  another swap)

random foam shapes -

acrylic coated slightly imperfect in some way shrinky charm lot 1

lot of 4 cassette tapes to craft with

candy ornament

pick 2 of the following:

red revolver earrings (without the white disc bead)

orange skull ring

purple glass bead nest ring

hk stawberries ring

25 6mm round rainbow beads

25 cube rainbow beads

felt cupcake ornament

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008 04:16:23 AM by kitschkween » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2008 06:59:44 AM »

Thanks to our terrific organizer for keeping track of all of this (and for putting up with my newbie mistakes and questions)!

AND for the amazing "make up" package she sent me.  One of my items from her went a little astray in the post and she sent the most wonderful package of goodies to make up for it.  Lots and lots of crazy/strange/funny/weird ephemera (including old science fiction-y monsters), pile o' keys, a really great album and a super cute package of doll make-up.  Nifty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
calluna
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2008 01:35:08 PM »

Glad to be of service! Go check the gallery to see what I made with one of the bonus goodies you sent me, KarenLouiseM! (it's pitiful but i'm proud of it just the same!)

Anyway, I will claim both the rainbow bead offerings from kitschkween, being the rainbow-fiend that I am.

This is my 7th claim this month.  I have sent 7, and 5.5 of them have been received (KarenLouise received her consolation prize, but hasn't yet received the actual item she claimed).

My list

For your claim, you can pick any THREE of the following (or one thing from the "pick 2" list and 1-2 things from this "pick 3" list):

- Vintage girls dress pattern, Advance #5170. size 6, breast 24 

- Vintage men's knit shirt and shorts pattern, Simplicity pattern 5044. size 42; chest 42", waist 36". Please let me know if you specifically want the image on the front of the envelope; otherwise I'll keep it for cheesy papercraft  Grin

- Vintage women's jumpsuit pattern, Butterick #5889, size 14. Please let me know if you specifically want the image on the front of the envelope; otherwise I'll keep it for cheesy papercraft  Grin

- Vintage women's ("misses") pattern for blouse, halter and pants; McCall's #4426. Misses' size 16, bust 38. Please let me know if you specifically want the image on the front of the envelope; otherwise I'll keep it for cheesy papercraft  Grin 

- Vintage women’s Simplicity pattern #9930, for knit tops.

- Vintage women’s Simplicity pattern #7049, for dress or shirt

- Vintage McCalls pattern #3211, for women’s tunic or dress

- Vintage McCalls “Raggedy Ann” pattern #2529, for children’s wear.

- Big sheet of unicorn wrapping paper, mainly green, foresty design

- Pre-1990s set of foldable postcard/notes with images of butterfly and dragonfly embroidery (these are not actually embroidered, they are just pictures of embroidered designs). A few other designs included, also very old-looking

- 6 small vintage "open house" cards with envelopes 

- unopened pack of Ranger Rick valentine cards! These’ve got to be old.

- 2 medium-large-ish wooden embroidery hoops of the same size

- 2 unfinished wooden door-hangers for decorating

- An approx. 6x6" needlepoint on Aida cloth that says in dainty letters, "F*** your gender". (The actual piece has it spelled out, and I'm not posting a photo for obvious reasons.)

- Loves Me/Loves Me Not wheel, in plastic packaging, comeswith envelope for mailing. Spin the wheel instead of picking a poor daisy's petals off! There are also answers like those of a Magic 8-Ball inside of the wheel (in the 2nd picture), with a window on the outer/top wheel.   

- Outer cover (front and back covers still attached to each other) of old pulp paperback novel, airline/pilot themed. Some pages from the book included.

- Unused butterfly stencil. The sheet is 8.5x11". 

- A bunch of these white satin pieces embroidered with an “F” in a metallic gold (Teachers: flunk out your students with style!)

- Foam bear stamp

- “The Stencilling Workbook” by Judy Tuttle (ISBN  0-88266-682-7). Primarily floral designs.
158 pgs, 50 projects.

- “Sculpture in Paper” by Ralph Fabri. Nothing abstract in the book, all about making 3-dimensional people and animals out of paper.

Or, pick any TWO of the following:

- This piece of ranch-themed (?) fabric (it’s draped from the top of the bed downward, for scale)

- squishy mold for ice cubes, soaps, etc.

- Somerset Studio magazine, March/April 2001 - "Art of the Greco-Roman Era" theme

- Somerset Studio magazine, January/February 2001 - "Asian Arts" theme

- Vintage Strawberry Shortcake "Spank the Berry Bird" card game. The cards are in the same style as the rest of the old Strawberry Shortcake illustrations, but they do not have any images of the characters themselves, with the exception of the Berry Bird. 

- Vintage "Little Cindy" doll 

- Approx two dozen old-fashioned wooden clothespins (the kind without the spring hinge, used for dollmaking), with an unopened pack of 50 “dollipins”, smaller for the same kind of crafting:

- Animal print fabric pack - faux fur/plushie material (it doesn’t look or feel like real fur) with a yard or 2 of plain cotton (?) leopard print

- 12x12” scrapbook paper grab-bag - mainly modern girlie style, 20+ sheets, very few duplicates 

- Black beaded necklace with pink and crystal accents. Those are Barbie feet down in the corner, for scale. 

- Small glass paints in multiple colors, from beginners kits, with an applicator. I’ll include the instructions from the original pseudo-stained glass kit.

- “The Complete Guide to Rubber Stamping”, by Grace Taormina   

- OLD book entitled, "Questions Boys Ask." Cover is light blue with a big question mark on it. Covers all the essentials with that unmistakeable mid-20th century flavor.

- “Gift Baskets for All Seasons”, by Elizabeth Jane Lloyd

- 50+ sheets of very thin and soft, pale pink mulberry/kozo paper, approx. 8.5 x 11". Perfect for valentines or wedding invitations, IMO.

- 4 handmade journals made from recycled materials. I will try to send ones that match your taste. This one is just a sample front and back:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/75773scan0111.jpg

- Frame decorated with fortunes from fortune cookies and bits of color here and there. Includes the wall-mount hardware.

- 3 beaded safety pin cuff bracelets - 1 small purple with sequins, 1 medium reddish, 1 large (the rainbow one).
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/75773scan008.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/100_1123.JPG

- Vintage aluminum cake decorating tool with some different tips. The packaging is too cute, but sadly is falling apart...

- Set of 50-55 wooden dominoes in box

- Set of vintage books for recon, altering, etc. None have any illustrations, to speak of. The small, dark one has the title, “Stories of My Home Folks”

- “Vastu Vidya Handbook: The Indian Feng Shui” by Juliet Pegrum

Or, pick one of the following:
- Thick book of variety of sheer fabric samples, most white or off-white but several colors as well. 

- Bob Marley book, by Margaret E Ward (ISBN #0681418664). 80 pages. Good condition, has TONS of color and b&w images, it could be kept for its original booky purpose or torn into for reuse of the images.

- Book entitled "Water" for altered book project. It's an old USDA Agricultural Yearbook publication, available online in full-text, but the best part is this great bookcover of a disembodied cow head arising from the water! I've already pulled out several pages to facilitate less-bulky altering; my original idea was to make the book about this cow named Water who was out for revenge...but the idea never went anywhere. It's got good potential, though: 

- 4 matching vintage schoolhouse cutouts. Appr. 8" tall, some with a reversed design so they can be placed back-to-back. Small hole in the top of each. Would make a great cover for a round-robin journal/book about school life.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/school.jpg

- Rolls of color-coded stickers with days of the week, in a few languages. They're in a floppy plastic enclosure that keeps them together. 
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/75773stickers.jpg

- 3-d paper Muppet Show centerpiece, circa 1980. 

- Vintage embossing kit - pretty much all that‘s left is the 6 vials of embossing powder (copper, gold, silver, red, blue, and green:
- This ultrakitsch plastic vintage barn-clock. It's about 2 ft tall. The cow's head rocks back and forth as the clock pendulum. The inner clockwork probably needs to be replaced; the clock isn't currently running.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/608896-R1-E013_013.jpg

- Set of 8 pulp paperbacks with cool covers (If you just want the covers and not the insides of the books, you can claim something else from any part of my list because the postage won’t be nearly as expensive that way)

- Pick 5 vintage children’s picture books from the following photos. Newest ones are from the early 1980s:

Happy claiming!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009 11:07:49 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2008 02:12:32 PM »

Yay!!  I'd like to claim from calluna's wonderful pick 2

- Approx two dozen old-fashioned wooden clothespins with an unopened pack of 50 dollipins

- Vintage aluminum cake decorating tool with some different tips.

Thank you Calluna!!!

********My list*******

Please make a pick of your choosing.

Any 2 ornaments for a pick:

Any 2 hairsticks for a pick:
#3, #4,#5, #6, #7, #8 , #9,#11 not available 

Any 3 for a pick

1 for a pick.  Pendant made of Swarovski crystals.

All 3 beaded animals for a pick

Bling, bling ring is 1 pick

Shell pearl pendant is 1 pick
Choose from pale orange, bright pink, white, silver or champagne (slight pink hue)

Blythe empire dress is one pick.  The style similar to this one I made (hat not included).  I will send you a bunch of fabrics to choose from once you tell me your color and style.

Drop spindle is one pick.  It will be similar to this one I made.  Please choose either top or bottom. 

Vintage trim/appliques is one pick.  Trim colors are Pink and cream&blue, approx 4 yards of each.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008 08:30:44 PM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2008 08:31:13 PM »

Hi!  I've added 3 more items...so if you have a Blythe, wanna learn to spin, or sew please check it out.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2008 05:23:40 AM »

I claim atsuko's vintage trim and appliques.
This is my fourth pick (I get three at a time). 2 rec'd, one sent out today!

Here is what I have to offer:

Choose 1 for a claim:

Screennprinted Audrey Hepburn tee. Pale aqua with gold ink, American Apparel size small, but it's really long. Would be cute reconned into a tank or tube top.

Handmade (but not by me) large cotton tote bag with fuschia lining and inside pocket

Large canvas tote with faux leather buckle handles and zipper closure

Choose 2 of the following as 1 claim:

Sport themed 3d stickers (what you see is all that is left)

Classic Pooh 3d stickers

Wallpaper borders, great for paper crafters! I have four rolls (have to dig up the rest!)

McCalls Pattern 3792 The 2 Hour Jacket:

McCalls Pattern Blouse/Vest:

Two leatherette passport holders, black and cranberry, one silver money/gift envelope:

One "Girls Rock" college ruled notebook, new

Scrap packs: let me know a theme (baby theme, asian theme, etc.) or color scheme and I will put together a pack of ephemera, paper, ribbons, trims, etc. for your scrapbooking/altered art!

Handmade Vintage Valentines with envelopes (set of 4) all in this style, but not all exactly the same!

10 of the following equal 1 claim:

Sheets of scrapbooking paper, let me know a color scheme or theme and I'll send you a selection

CDs for your crafting or listening pleasure! I have about 70 CDs without cases; mostly they are 90s rap and hard rock.  Some are pretty scratched, but most are playable if you actually want to listen to them! Good for photo albums, coasters, or any other project you can think up! Let me know if you want to know what artists I have and I can list, or let me know how many you want for a project.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2008 11:20:25 AM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
KarenLouiseM

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2008 07:36:25 PM »

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh!  Did I say Calluna was the best swap organizer ever?

The fabulous wandering Winnie the Pooh stamps have finally arrived in my mailbox - and they were accompanied by a surprise Nancy Drew book.  Yippee.  I LOVED Nancy Drew so much when I was a kid.  And it is the Secret of the Hidden Staircase (a particular favorite as it was one of the first ones I read) PLUS it's the same illustrated Nancy that I loved (they've changed them over the years).

For the last year I have been putting a lot of spare mental energy into how to take one of these skinny books and transform it into a wider book purse - because I knew someday I would do it with a Nancy Drew book.  And now I have the book Grin.

Thank you SO much - it was very thoughtful of you to send so many unsolicited extra goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
calluna
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2008 11:41:33 PM »

Why, thank you!  I don't know how good of an organizer I am, but I consider myself a very good swapper. Grin I found two of those books, and kept one to try to make a book-purse myself!

Anyway, Announcement!
This swap will be continued in a new round for February, and organized by the sensational soap-star maremare312!

You can send her the questionnaire on page 1 of this thread at any time, but the new round will begin on February 1st.

Now, back to Banga!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Rainier Wolfcastle - 57th Drawing
How to Draw Bart Simpson - 3rd Drawing
How to Draw Homer Simpson - 1st Drawing
How to Draw Young Homer Simpson - 58th Drawing
How to Draw Moe Szyslak - 23rd Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...