A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Birthday Pranks?  (Read 482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ILoveTheUndertaker

I <3 The Undertaker!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2008 12:01:14 AM »

I don't really know if this is where I should put this or if it even belongs here, but...

...for the past two years a couple of my friends have thrown me a gret birthday ...day! Fun stuff, friends, dinner, movies, and for my birthday this year (on Jan. 2nd!) =] they even took me to the zoo. It was great! I want to do something fun for the birthday of the mastermind of the events.

I have some ideas, since we are all poor it won't be anything huge, you know, dinner, movies, but.... I thought it would be cool to have a couple birthday pranks too.

Something fun and creative, cheap and cool and of course DIY. It will be about 1-3 of us setting it up.

Something we could do/make and leave in his yard or something. Maybe a carefully planned scavenger hunt throughout the city? I dont know. I need help. Help me?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008 12:24:50 AM by ILoveTheUndertaker » THIS ROCKS   Logged
watermonster
Cavalier

Sticky hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008 09:59:42 AM »

A piata comes up to mind really quickly. If you're going for a real prank, put confetti out of recycled paper and plastic bags. If you want to put yummy treats - go ahead. It could be made out of thin papier-mache.

I made a notes scavenger hunt once - stuffed papers around the house, with clues as to where to find the next one written down on the previous one. Depending on what you write in them, it could be made easy or really difficult - and the possibilities for decorating the paper are endless! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.twincow.com - my art gallery-blog
maria.aeblogger.com - my reviews blog
cre8tiv1
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008 10:51:12 AM »

How about a picnic for your birthday party diva?  If you held it in a park you could include the scavenger hunt ideas and the pinata.  Opps....I forgot that perhaps you live in a snowy region.  How about a corney trip to the bowling alley--you could have a "ball" and make it a theme.  Guests could bring ball related gifts and food could be round objects--pizza, for example.   Follow up with a trip to a ball game......stop me now...I'm on a roll!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RamenSupernova
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008 05:01:12 PM »

Scavenger hunts around the city are A LOT of fun. Here I'm talking about the one-clue-leads-to-the-next-spot kind rather than the "Find one [insert weird object]" kind. One time a while back for my birthday, my family arranged a city-wide scavenger hunt where I had to follow clues to go to different shops, and each shop had a gift waiting for me (that my family had paid for in advance) with the next clue located inside the gift box with the item. The last gift box was a really nice fancy-ish dress with a pair of my own shoes that matched the dress, and directions to a fancy restaurant where they were waiting for me.

So, I know you don't have much to spend, but you could still do one. For example, for one birthday when I was really into Japanese things, my friends set up a surprise cavenger hunt that started just around the house (the note on the fridge leads to the note under the toaster, etc.), then extended to the backyard, then to the park a block away where I found a note to the library, where I found a note written in Japanese that I had to translate using the library's books, and eventually I wound up at a nice Japanese restaurant across the street. So all together, all they had to pay for was lunch. And it was a great deal of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Heather Bertinelli’s Dark Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Peach Cobbler in a Dutch Oven
Chocolate Chip Calzone Recipe
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookie Recipe
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Swirl Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...