A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,146
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knittys Abotanicity  (Read 4367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008 07:17:27 PM »

What a great idea isamax! How much Glos did you end up ordering? I just ordered a skien, and I love the stuff..... that little bit of silk really adds something!
I like this sweater, and recently just got a long sweater from a local shop, it looks great! This may be the pattern for me to add to my list! How do you like the gloss knit up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
isamax
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008 05:27:37 PM »

What a great idea Isaacs! How much Glos did you end up ordering? I just ordered a skien, and I love the stuff..... that little bit of silk really adds something!
I like this sweater, and recently just got a long sweater from a local shop, it looks great! This may be the pattern for me to add to my list! How do you like the gloss knit up?

Hi!  I have 13 skeins for the largest sz.  I love how thin it is knitting up and its SUPER soft.  This is my first time using this yarn and I really like it and am praying it won't pill!

I'll try to take some wip pics soon.  I have to admit I have been temporarily side tracked with knitting a set of hair curlers  Roll Eyes  Damn that Ravelry...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
Silver Ilix
Up Late

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008 05:36:01 PM »

Ah, Ravelry..... the curse! LOL

Thanks for the info, I love the way the gloss feels so it's good to know!
Can't wait to see pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008 10:51:56 AM »

I ended up using some merino yarn which was on discount at my lys. Its main color is red intersperesed with about every color you can think of. The picture doesnt show the colorway very well due to missing daylight and cellphone cam, sorry about that.
Yet I wanted to share the progress so far as of today:

The bodice is finished and Im about halfway through the skirt. Knitting the lacy part turned out to be as much fun as I had hoped for.  Grin
The pattern is well written and quite easy to follow (I find). I altered it a little by adding a button row to the yoke and a cable/lace bit to continue my button row on downwards.
The rounds of my bodice turned out a little shorter than given in the original pattern as Im using a different yarn (Lana Grossas Numero Uno) and different needle sizes (3,5mm and 4,0mm instead of 3,25 and 3,75mm).

What d' ya think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
Silver Ilix
Up Late

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008 10:21:02 AM »

Nannetta> Wow, that looks great! It sure is knitting up fast!!
What made you choose to add the button band? I think this is going to be a great sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isamax
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008 05:04:08 PM »

Nannetta that looks great!  I like your button band mod.  I just tried mine on and the neck is much higher than I'm used to wearing.  I'm still working on the covering my ample chest section!  I'm finding myself scanning ravelry for quick knits to avoid getting back to it for some reason Roll Eyes  I think it will pick back up for me once I get past the ribbing... I hope! 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008 05:04:56 PM by isamax » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
Nannetta

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008 04:06:17 AM »

Thank you, dear fellow knitters!!!

> Silver Ilix, several reasons for adding a buttonband, really: First of all I didnt have the right needlesize of circs handy when I decided to cast on. Then I kinda wasnt sure if things in the way (like hair, nose, etc.) would fit through the collar/neckline of my version. Also, we usually get humid and warm weather where I live pretty early in the year. So versatility - which this design offers with or without the buttons, I think! - is a good thing in pieces of clothing.
Besides (minor tiny reason) I really like to pick buttons. *blushes*
Adds up to fate, see??  Grin

> isamax, Ive been slacking off a little these last coupla days as well... Keep telling myself thats perfectly normal when working on a larger project.
*knits eyebrows in attempt at sending support telepathically over the Atlantic Ocean*  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
isamax
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008 02:12:17 PM »

Ugh  Sad  I'm in ribbing hell!

I'm on skein #3 and still don't have my chest covered yet. I think once I get this part knit I'll do the sleeves next so I can use up all the remaining yarn for the skirt section to make it a tad longer since I'm so tall.

I can do it, I can do it...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
Nannetta

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008 08:56:31 AM »

Sure you can!! I used up 4 + a bit of a 5th skein on the bodice part - being rather tall as well. I fathom I'll need just 4 more skeins (alltogether) to finish off my skirt part in the end. It started getting easier once I put the arm stitches on their thread (for them and for me to rest a little..) . That meant far less stitche in one round - the lacy part is getting wider even though the number of stitches stays the same through all of the skirt part.
You'll get there!!

BTW: Did you try knitting while watching TV? ... I confess to somewhat liking it for its nice and soothing background sound qualities when the knitting itself isn't that much of a challenge... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 wisting!
Nannetta

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008 01:48:22 PM »

Not much progress this week. Sigh...
Had to do some frogggin. It was my own fault since i thought i might be extra clever and finish the skirt early.  Shocked Damn... twas tooo early.

Bit of a motivation cirsis there ...
- OMMMMMM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 wisting!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will Bunch Reveals His Biggest Pet Peeve
Simon Montefiore Talks About Sashenka
Susan RoAne Talks About Face to Face
Arianna Huffington Talks About Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging
Allegra Huston Talks About Love Child
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...