A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 307,984
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Alien Swaddling Clothing  (Read 499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sosilay
« on: February 05, 2008 03:42:25 PM »

Okay.
Well, one of my good friends is always drawing aliens in class, so for her birthday I am making her a bunch of little stuffed alien babies. Since I have no camera, or camera wire, or anything else to upload a picture, I'll just have to describe the aliens as best as I can. Basically, picture a circle perched ontop of a small, inch tall cylinder, which is balenced on an upsidedown egg shape. If you get what I mean, then cool, keep reading. If not, you'll just get more confused. So when ever my friend draws these aliens, they are always wearing a sort of blanket/wrap thing much like what you swaddle a newborn in. So, does anybody have any idea of what shape I would cut in order to sufficiently wrap the little alien? It's about 7/8 inches from top to bottom, and 3/4 at the widest point across. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

-Rachel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Rachel.
And that's about all.
sweetiepickles

mmmm crunchy crispy pickles

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008 06:13:30 AM »

people babies are properly swaddled in a rectangular recieving blanket. A triangular shape could work too, but wouldn't be as tight around the shouders. You want the feet tucked in baby style, right?
For a rectangle, it is very simlple.  Lay out blankie like a diamond, diagonally, fold down the top corner about 4". Then wrap one corner across the front and arond to their back. Then fold up the bottom corner, tucking snugly in the side. Then wrap the last corner over the front and tuck the edge in.

I tried googling pics, but didn't find any good ones. Try practicing withe a rectangle of cloth to see if that is the look you want.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...