A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: PK's Beautiful Borders Baby Blanket CAL  (Read 3658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MiniBooger
For I'd rather stay here, with all the madmen, for I'm quite content, they're all as sane as me...

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2007 08:46:49 AM »

I'll be making an afghan from the Patricia Kristoffersen Beautiful Borders Baby Blankets booklet:
http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=21745 not working

I've selected the Precious Moments afghan to work on as it's got a lot of stitch interest, color changes, it's gorgeous and it just looks like a fun challenge.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/MiniBooger/CAL/PreciousMoments.jpg unavailable pic

Anyone game?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 06:17:15 PM by pinkleo - Reason: closed due to being dormant & non-working links/inspiration » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiniBooger
For I'd rather stay here, with all the madmen, for I'm quite content, they're all as sane as me...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008 01:11:32 PM »

Well, since no one has signed up to join me, I guess I'll use this thread to post my progress. Maybe that will stimulate some interest, eh?  Wink

There is no question that this will be a time-consuming afghan to make. The squares are easy enough pattern-wise, but each row is a different color which takes some time. But I think the effect is worth the effort  Smiley

There are 4 strips of squares separated by 3 strips of rings. I have managed to get the 24 squares needed finished and I'm starting to put them together.

The ring strips will be time-consuming as well as each subsequent ring is also a different color. They will be edged in lavender as the squares are.

So I'd say I'm about 40% done at this point. I would recommend making this pattern only for someone you want to really spoil!

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eatyerhartout
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008 02:08:42 PM »

Wow! This is very beautiful. I was recently working on an afghan (about 50" square) that required me to switch colors every row. I only got through 5 rows and decided it just wasn't worth it. It was using too much yarn with all those loose ends and I was afraid they would come undone in the wash. I envy your patience! That is one well-loved baby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
MiniBooger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008 04:13:02 AM »

Thank you for your kind words. I normally don't tackle a project with so many color changes, but this one called to me big time.

The secret to keeping the ends from coming undone is to split the plies to reduce the bulk,  weave them [separately] in one direction for a couple of inches, then weave them back in the opposite direction to lock them in. Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008 03:40:50 PM »

You are doing a beautiful job, I am looking forward to see your finished blanket.

Judy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiniBooger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008 07:27:48 PM »

Thank you! I just got an invite today to the shower on Jan. 30th  Shocked Now I'm under the gun to finish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kkatiez
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008 10:01:42 AM »

This is absolutely beautiful. I would like to do this afghan, but will need to do it just a little bit later!! Great job though!!

Kaye
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolagirlkoch
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008 12:19:02 PM »

I will work on this blanket with you.  My sister is having twins in july and I promised her some blankets. I think I may use a different color pallet, WIll have to see.   I have never done a crochet along but looking forward to it.
Laura
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiniBooger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008 06:17:43 PM »

Alrighty! Thanks for joining in!

I actually had to put this aside for a bit to finish off other gifts. Since I didn't make my deadline, I ended up giving something else. But now the pressure is off so I can work more leisurely on it and enjoy it more. I'll just have it ready for the next one  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

colefree224
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008 07:46:25 PM »

where did you get the pattern for this blanket? I love it! you are doing an amazing job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to store cooking oil for later use
Basic Preparation and Stir-fry Methods for Cooking
Stip fibers from peapods for Chinese food ingredie
Important ingredients for Chinese cooking
Learn about basic Chinese cooking equipment
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...