A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: best thrift stores  (Read 15479 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lexi
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005 08:46:02 AM »

Are any of these stores near Marietta?

YES!!

There are antique/thrift/flea markets - one on Cobb Parkway in a shopping center across from the Big Chicken where Ken Stanton (music store)

There are tons of thrift stores up & down Roswell Road leading to the Square and IN the square...

<--- not thrift places... --->

String of Purls (knitting shop) in the Marietta Square

Dick Blick by the mall area off of Barrett Parkway

then there's the requisite Joann's & Michael's...

whenever you're in the area again, let me know! I don't knit, but I love shopping for stuff to use in my craftystuff.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005 08:47:37 AM by lexi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is all this untouched beauty / The light the dark both running through me / Is there still redemption for anyone / Jesus come" -Over The Rhine
philospud
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2005 01:07:01 PM »

Just an FYI, I drove by America's Thrift Store (on 29 and Pleasant Hill Road) a few days ago, and noticed it was completely empty and gone.  ;_; such an awesome store.

~Spud
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motoredxheart
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005 08:39:06 AM »

Just an FYI, I drove by America's Thrift Store (on 29 and Pleasant Hill Road) a few days ago, and noticed it was completely empty and gone.  ;_; such an awesome store.

NOOO!  that was one of my favorite thrift stores.  r.i.p. america's thrift store.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shampoorobot
ShaMpOOroBoT

i love to make tings.....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006 11:51:52 AM »

have any of you ATL thrift hounds noticed that the last chance at church and scott blvd in decatur ( the one with 1/2 off mondays ) seems to be way pricier and extremely depleted? i even went at 8:30 and it totally sucked! what's up with them? it used to be great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiehaynes
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006 07:46:51 AM »

My favorite America's Thrift store is on hwy 85 in Riverdale.  It's nice because there is a Salvation Army right down the street, and you aren't too far from a Last Chance (I think that's still the name...they changed it a couple of times) that's right next to Southlake Mall.  You can hit three great places in about 2 hours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006 12:00:44 PM »

I have a national directory of thrift stores. I hope this helps..

http://www.thethriftshopper.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
ZombieCupcakes
Crocheting Forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006 09:02:55 PM »

the Salvation Army Family Store on 78 in Snellville kicks some serious ass. I've thrifted a bunch of cute clothes, a gorgeous print in a great frame and tons of books!

I loved Park Avenue Thrift on 29 in Lilburn (across from the Kroger at Beaver Ruin) but saw that it was recently closed for good Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in the radical possibilities of pleasure, babe.
MeganMayhem

We're Kings among runaways <3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006 01:44:09 AM »

Does anybody know of any good, cheap thrift/vintage stores in the Marrietta/Kennesaw/Acworth area? The ones I've found on the Square are especially expensive, but have such darling things, especially furniture. It's all in wonderful shape, so that's probably why things are so pricey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sirwonkalus
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006 02:19:29 AM »

have any of you ATL thrift hounds noticed that the last chance at church and scott blvd in decatur ( the one with 1/2 off mondays ) seems to be way pricier and extremely depleted? i even went at 8:30 and it totally sucked! what's up with them? it used to be great.

my moms theory is that the store is so close to emory that all the hipsters are taking everything
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JennyBrown

Jenny Brown, Jenny Brown....Sweet Beak.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006 10:17:53 AM »

I will have to check out the Last Chance that adlib mentioned in Norcross!  I live off Buford Hwy in Doraville, and do the Goodwill, St. Vincent, Chamblee junk store rounds so I'll have to add it as well since we usually make it to the Norcross Goodwill pretty frequently!

I too love America's Thrift!  I recently moved from Alabama (went to college in Tuscaloosa) and there was one in Tuscaloosa and several in B'ham.  I have to say that I really miss the mega-thrift nature of it and the markdowns!  My complaint on Goodwill is that it's grouped by color making it impossible to find sizes and I hate that the clothes prices are all standard!  Ack!  Drives me crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Self-Portrait by Charlene Lanzel
Wonder Woman by Charlene Lanzel
Edie Superstar by Charlene Lanzel
Fresh Fish by Charlene Lanzel
Duende by Charlene Lanzel
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...