A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,775
Currently Running With Scissors:
431 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday - 12/28/07 Post-Christmas Goodness  (Read 3185 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whisp3rd
« on: December 28, 2007 12:39:56 AM »

Yay Fiber Friday! Even though I was sick as a dog I still spun up some goodies from my new wheel! An Ashford Kiwi! Here we go:

The Muppets Band! - A fantastic mix of Kermit green, Gonzo Blue, ANIMAL!!! Pink, Fozzie Orange, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew yellow-green, plied with with Ms. Piggy Pink thread! Spun from wool mill ends. Approximately 85 yards.

The colors are kind of stale in this pic. Was storming all day.

Some random handspun! The back one is spun from roving I purchase from CJKopecCreations.etsy.com and the front one was spun from a surprise crazy batt from Moustacheridesyarn :]

Here is my favourite by far! I call it Clouds in my Coffee on a Winter Morning.

Yay :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007 01:41:56 AM »

the muppets are coming home with me!!!! I wonder what the muppets want to be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamal
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007 02:01:18 AM »

yaaay Friday!
whisp3rd.. I LOVE your muppets yarn!!  and clouds and coffee!!  I want to eat it!!!
Here are a few I've made over the past few days.. I'm still figuring out how to use my  new wheel.  yes.. I did say my new wheel.  My mom told me that I could take the Clemes and Clemes home with me!!!! Aaahhh!!!! Sadly the drum carder does not fit in my suitcase... but... she said she will mail it to me.  Did I mention my mom is AWESOME?
Anyhow.. on to the yarn!!
I call this one stained glass... it's about 80 yards.  I turned it into a pair of fetching for me mum for being such an awesome lady Wink
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239167.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239165.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239166.jpg
This one is called Candied Jellyfish... about 75 yards.  It was my first time using wiltons dyes.  It turned out much more pastel than I wanted... but I like it...
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239170.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239160.jpg
Last but not least is Man Tweed.  Heh... I wanted to make a nice manly yarn so  could make some hand mitts for my boyfriend... He's pretty drab colorwise, so I made this black.. but with specks of white and red... to make it tweedy.  It's about 175 yards.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239163.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623497/18642043/295239158.jpg
i have to apologize for my pictures.. my parents have a horrible camera.. and.. i'm in Alaska and there is seriously no daylight.. so.. flash photography for all!
happy fiber friday everyone :-D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010 09:28:17 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007 02:14:59 AM »

I love how the second picture of stained glass is sitting next to the window... like it's looking out the window wanting to go outside and play!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007 04:43:49 AM »

wow your Clouds in Coffee on Winter Morning yarn is just beautiful. It looks like something you would have lie around for decoration - at least I would. Love it. A shame it's not in the stores  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
inle_rah
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007 07:27:16 AM »

I love the muppets and stained glass yarns.  So pretty.

I have two yarns this week.  The first was a Christmas present for a friend.  I call it Low Tide.

It's about 160 yards of an Alpaca/Tencel blend, dyed by me, and plied with some fuzzy white thread.

And then there's this crazy multicolor skein that I did for a swap.

I can't remember the yardage on this one, but it was about 6.5 oz of merino, worsted, 2 ply.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
feralfeminine
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007 07:48:49 AM »

Oooh! I like the clouds in my coffee, stained glass (that pic of it by the window is excellent - like itscute said, it looks like it's staring longingly outside!), and inle_rah's multicolor skein.

I got barely any spinning done this week thanks to the holidays, but I just took pictures of what I did get finished:

Bonny - shiny-soft bamboo in shades of brown, yellow, pink, orange, charteuse, and I think a few glimpses of blue.

Foxy - Rich red & brown chemical-free falkland wool, plus a few handfuls of soft soft white angora bunny fluff.

Unmentionable - Inspired by vintage underthings! Wool, soysilk, bamboo, angora bunny fluff, and ecospun, plied with invisible thread and pearly buttons.

Seascape - Chemical- free falkland wool + bits of shiny lime green bamboo. I added in some pinches of pink and orange wool for contrast - I love the colors in this one!

Happy fiber friday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subloke
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007 09:59:46 AM »

Thanks to the brave brave boy (he went into a YARN store! full of WOMEN! by himSELF)(haha) I have something to show for Fiber Friday!!  (seriously, I can't believe he thought of this and went to buy it on his own!!!)

On the wheel (in dim lighting)

It's approximately 247 yards/225 meters, 100 grams.  Superwash Merino from Spinknit Yarns & Fibers.  The colourway is:  "Bob"

The roving was handpainted in oranges and reds with black, blue and browns thrown and a good portion of whitespace.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Waiting anxiously for it to dry after setting the twist...  new mittens!!

**Update:  I finished the mittens.  Posted on the Knitting board here
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008 04:19:44 PM by subloke - Reason: added link to finished mittens post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
ivycircle
Spinstress Extrordinaire

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007 11:08:11 AM »

My favorite yarn so far is subloke's Bob! It's pretty drab outside this time of year in Alaska and I love that shot of color.
I spun this one for the photo spin-along It's 86 yards.

This one is my favorite. Funfetti is 86 yards of merino plied with purple and blue silk. It's soooooo soft!

Feral- How was spinning ecospun? I love to try new fibers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whisp3rd
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007 11:20:57 AM »

the muppets are coming home with me!!!! I wonder what the muppets want to be?
For a second I was like "Wah?" lol sickness has deprived my brain of oxygen and I'm 5 seconds too slow :|

Subloke: I LOVE your Bob yarn. It's so fiery!

FeralFeminine: I love the uniformity of colors in Seascape, but when you look closer there are a rainbow of colors!
And I love your inspiration for Unmentionables.

inle_rah: I love the massive rainbow yarn! Bright rainbows colors are fabulous :]

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007 11:21:16 AM by whisp3rd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit JPEGs and TIFFs File in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Use the Retouch Tool in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Use Split Tone Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With Grayscale Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With Vibrance and Saturation Sliders in Camera Raw 4.0
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...