A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,305
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Colorado-ready version of the SnBN Earwarmer. Image happy.  (Read 1257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BionicPassenger

Madame Mustache, modern-day pirate extraordinaire.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2007 09:03:16 PM »

My best friend and semi-hero, Amanda, recently moved to Colorado. To help her prepare for the coldness (she's a native Texan), I decided to try my hand at the earwarmer in SnB Nation. It turned out so much better than I thought it would! Incidently, it is the first thing in the book I completed. (Finished projects are SO satisfying...)

I used the recommended (costly) yarn for the black headband-y part, but I used a less expensive yarn for the flowers (some Bernat Cashmere Natural Blends in white, leftover from my version of the Kittyville hat) and a more expensive one for the leaves (I inadvertently picked up Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK instead of the recommended one - it didn't really make a difference, except that it is pretty hairy compared to the other...). I used a double strand of DMC floss and some fake pearl beads (a large one in the centre and smaller ones at the rays), and 2 green crystal beads to jazz up the leaves. A single green square bead hid the join of the two pieces of I-cord that make up the stems.

The Earwarmer Itself

Detail

Another Detail

Amanda modelling (not her real face lol)

Amanda modelling, side view
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- As the unholy offspring of Genghis Khan and his bookish 4th mistress, I have the rather disconcerting habit of screaming KHAAAN!!!! intermittently while knitting and crafting.
auburngirl
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007 09:45:20 PM »

That is awesome!  I moved from Florida to Colorado 2 years ago, and I would love to have something like this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
               -Albert Einstein
Shan
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008 03:53:44 PM »

So gorgeous. It turned out so classy. Wonderful. I bet your friend loves it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
BionicPassenger

Madame Mustache, modern-day pirate extraordinaire.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008 12:32:10 AM »

Thanks! lol "classy" Awesome.

I have gotten really into these things...I'm currently making 2 more, both incorporating the kitty ears from the Kittyville hat onto the headwarmers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- As the unholy offspring of Genghis Khan and his bookish 4th mistress, I have the rather disconcerting habit of screaming KHAAAN!!!! intermittently while knitting and crafting.
Credu.Afon
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008 04:48:46 PM »

haha it would be cute with little ears!
looks really great! i made this too before, works SO nice for when its freezing cold out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Blue Plasticine
How to Make a Realistic Fake Beard
How to Make a Two Colored Bow
How to Make a Gift Personal
How to Tie Bows
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...