A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas cards  (Read 1429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beckey23
« on: December 27, 2007 04:57:41 PM »

What can I do with all the xmas cards I recieved?? I already thought about coasters and placemats, but those really arent my style. Any suggestions would be great! thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007 05:00:38 PM »

I use them for ATC elements (there's quite a few that when properly dissected can look very cool not just "holiday-like".) And also you can use them for Scrapping if you use acid free paper under them or for gift tags for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckey23
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007 05:02:35 PM »

Gift tags for next year could be fun. I also have a bunch that I never sent becasue I am really good at messing up people's addresses. I end up using more envelopes than cards! ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
MollyGirl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007 05:04:42 PM »

Ok, I know this has been done to death but my mom always uses them to make small gift boxes for next year.  They are the perfect size for gift cards etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.
Jack London

View my wists http://www.wists.com/mollygirl
beckey23
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007 05:07:42 PM »

like the origami boxes? I could do that. I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hollyp
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007 09:08:11 PM »

I over-ordered my photo cards in 2006.  I used them to make ornaments this year.  I used a design from www.designsponge.bl ogspot.com 's DIY section (which I found linked in another craftster thread.)  They are called "modern paper ornaments".

I fussy-cut the cards so that I could have "Happy Holidays from the HollyP Family!" run down the outer edges of the ornaments.  Rather than hang them on the tree, I hung them from silver cord in a picture window.  I had many compliments on them.  And my kids love seeing their mini-photos hidden on the inside of the ornaments.

I love the idea of the origami boxes.  I have some patterns, and will have to dig them out when I take the cards down next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007 08:50:43 AM »

There's a topic somewhere on here about using clothing tags to make keychains or something...I'm sure cut up greeting cards would work, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
bvolden
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008 10:23:04 PM »

I made over 100 treat boxes for my kids classrooms this year outta Christmas cards.  We added homemade fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, a mini candy cane and a few smal pieces of candy.  All the kids were in ahh, teachers to.  U can also make garland by stringing them together.  Got the idea from my aunt that saw it on t.v.  Hope that helped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glitterimage2
DIY fashionista

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008 02:51:44 PM »

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_paper/article/0,2025,DIY_13771_5297909_03,00.html

card Ornaments
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dance as though no one is watching you; love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth.
nibbles
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008 06:55:55 PM »

You could just cut out the picture, and stick it on a bit of folded cardboard. Viola!! New cards for nothing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He pursued her until she captured him.

Check out my blog: http://ramblingsofastudentwife.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of VIBE: Michalopoulos Channels New Orleans & Music In His Art
11-Year-Old To Credit For Gorgeous Animated Google Doodle
Art of VIBE: Apex On Being Saved By Street Art
Lost Vincent Van Gogh Painting Discovered In Safe Deposit Box
Art of VIBE: Street Artist Ders Adds Color To Shoreditch
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...