I got a Barnes and Noble Nook way back in February before the price was slashed, and a few months later, I sat down and finally crocheted it a cover, and a few months later, I'm finally posting it to Craftster! Yay!
I don't remember the name or brand of the yarn. I do know it's 100% cotton, light worsted weight, and was discontinued (as so many of my yarns are, it seems). The flat-out adorable buttons for my case are from Dill Buttons (dill-buttons.com), and you can get them at Hobby Lobby.
So, basically, I worked in the round and made this:
The fancy "action shot," if you will.
Buttoned up with the Nook inside. I still need to work on my last row not being weirdly curved when I do buttonholes.
And a close-up on the button, which I adore.
So far it's been a sturdy little monster. The yarn is a little too stretchy for the strap to be very useful, but as I'm usually throwing my Nook into a bag with other stuff it in anyway, the strap is moot.
I've got a poll on my blog to see if anyone wants a pattern or tutorial for it. I've got the notes I worked from, but I don't have anything formal that doesn't need to be deciphered from my weird notes.