A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,078
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Silly Swap International Gallery  (Read 11803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008 07:48:11 PM »

oh my gosh, deb, those are squealing cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008 01:43:11 AM »

see now did I not say you are full of awesomeness?Huh? Cheesy hmmm where is the smug smiley when you need it LOL  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008 04:28:21 AM »

I am completely addicted to making these art quilts.  I have so many ideas popping in my head for others.  I am just completely taken with them - making them was one of the most enjoyable crafts I have done in a long time so I do see more in my future that's for sure!!

I am probably going to be putting my geisha one in the Silly Swap NoAmer.  I need to see if I can find a bubble mailer the right size - it is a big one - and doesn't fit in any of the mailing envelops I have grrrrrrrr. Angry

It's all good!
I might have to make more of the geishas in a smaller size just to be able to ship them out easier.. hmmmm.... go and resize geisha templates I made and make more... oh yeah.. might be easier than finding the right size mailing envelop! Besides, the kids and my husband want me to make another geisha to hang in the house... I think I see a crafty adventure for today if the kids behave themselves long enough!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008 08:51:57 AM »

ah, everything is so lovely so far! I don't think there isbe anything I would be disappointed to win. errrm,not that I've signed up yet as I'm on a strict one swap rule at the mo' ....but I HAVE cut out fabric for one part of what I'll offer if/when I join you all  Grin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008 08:52:31 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008 12:05:18 PM »

I've sent in my information (although I haven't actually been approved yet) so I'm going to take the chances that CraftyDeb won't turn me down  Grin and post my pictures.

For this round I decided to go with a heart theme since the items will be received in February.  I am offering 2 12" pillow covers (pillows not included):

The one on the left is quilted and this is a close up of the center section:

It's made in the envelope style so all you have to do is insert a 12" pillow form.  Yikes, I just realized the flat picture makes it look 'unattractive' - I assure everyone that once it's stuffed, it will look good!

The one on the right is crochet and is made from two different squares that are whipped stitched together and they look like this (it's so much fun to have finally figured out how to 'stitch' two photos together):

I am leaving one end open and a long piece of yarn attached so that once you insert the 12" pillow cover, all you need to do is whip stitch the last side together (it's very easy!)  Just in case you can't tell, the dark color is purple.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008 12:08:30 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008 01:16:36 AM »

Homer they are so sweet I really like that crochet one it the yellowy colour a gold or orangey?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008 04:06:39 AM »

Knowing Homer, it is gold....  Grin
That heart looks like the bouillon stitch - what a bugger of a stitch!  That is one I rarely do and never design with but it looks soooo sharp when it is used... so nicely made too!
The heart quilted one is really sharp as well.. As always, awesome work!!! And it's official Homer has a nicer fabric stash than I do!  Cheesy

Our gallery is already kicking and we have yet to really begin with the pics!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008 06:43:59 AM »

Quote from: Tanza
Homer they are so sweet I really like that crochet one it the yellowy colour a gold or orangey?

It's definitely gold....just like Deb thought it was  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008 06:46:53 AM »

Quote from: craftydeb
That heart looks like the bouillon stitch

Actually, it's a combination of triples, doubles and half doubles.  I stay away from the bouillon stitch as much as possible because it's close to impossible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008 08:05:45 AM »

I made a small handbag to go with the hat I'm working on today so I will deffo be joining this swap when I've sent out my package for my other swap YAY  GrinOk, Ok, so I'm jumping the gun here....I only just PM'd Deb my details but I had to stop by and show you what I have up for grabs - fingers crossed that someone will want to grab it  Wink

This is a matching hat and handbag in blue/brown wool tweed. Both items are lined. The hat will fit someone with a noggin measuring up to 57cm/22.5"  and the bag measures approx 6.5" x 5" /16.5cm x 12.5cm
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008 10:47:33 PM by Kookaloo_Starr - Reason: added hat size : ) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Zoom Tips
Digital Camera Exposure Basics
Outdoor Photography Tips
Camera Aperture Tips
Digital Camera Shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...