A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me pick my colors, Please!!  (Read 1755 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweetdandies
« on: December 26, 2007 11:05:21 PM »

So my boyfriend of 5 and a half years just proposed on Christmas Eve. The shock and speechlessness has worn off, and now I am in planning mode. My question is what are good colors for a winter wedding. We plan to get married on Dec. 7th, 2008 because that is our half year anniversary and we both really love winter. Also, any other cool ideas for an elegant winter wedding are more than welcome!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade
www.sweetdandies.et sy.com

www.wists.com/sweetdandies
Caleigha

...the greatest of these is love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007 03:18:58 PM »

Congrats on your engagement!  A winter wedding sounds really beautiful.  I think I'd go with darker, richer colors for winter.  Most important though is that you find colors that fit you and your personality!  One tool I use all all the time is this:  http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

You can click on a color on the color wheel, then click on the boxes below to find different color schemes that you like.  Maybe that can help you find the right colors.  Just play with it for a while - there are so many different combinations you can come up with!

Good luck with everything.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetdandies
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007 05:40:55 PM »

Thanks! This is a neat tool to help pick colors for anything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007 05:45:23 PM »

congrats!!!!

silver and red would be pretty (although i'm biased because those are also my colors)...  so would silver and a baby blue, or midnight and baby blues with silver bits...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007 09:35:06 AM »

My husband and I had a spring wedding but we mixed our colors. We did Periwinkle and Navy Blue. It's a REALLY nice combo. You could also go with a soft ice blue, or sky blue with Navy. That way you have cool colors. You could always do a Forest Green and Silver if you like. That's just my suggestion. Good luck! and Congratulations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
sweetdandies
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007 01:39:19 PM »

I'm thinking that silver and an icy blue would look really wintery. But now I'm also contemplating silver and a deep red. Thanks for all the suggestions! The hard part is choosing which combo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade

sunnydays914
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007 05:49:42 PM »

I'm a huge fan of bare branches used as centerpieces. They're elegant, wintery, and can be really pretty if you hang small crystals like icicles on them. I also picture a lot of gold. I'm not a "gold" person but I think I would like it for a winter wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetdandies
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007 11:04:07 PM »

Branches in vases would make a great crafty and cheap centerpiece. Love the crystals too. I was contemplating gold and a creamy white for colors, but I'm also not a "gold" person. But I'm definitely writing the bare branches with crystals in my book. Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly!!

Buy Handmade

ABAm517
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008 01:14:35 PM »

Don't have wedding colors!  I am rebeling against having a color theme, mostly because it was driving me insane. I wanted one thing for save the dates, dark blue cards with magnets that are black with firworks and us for our july 4th wedding.  I want burgendy bridesmaid dress, and fiance wants orange in the flowers.  I also got brown and green paper for the invitations.  At the actual wedding/reception i'll stay in the burgandy, orange, and purple theme oh, and white flowers too. Or try to haha.  But we might have a brown or green cake, since his last name is Mount and someone suggested we have a mountain cake. !   anyway,  Rebel against wedding colors and everything will be so much easier!  you can have/ do whatever you want, muhhmuhaha.
~beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starveil101
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008 05:27:38 PM »

Don't have wedding colors!  I am rebeling against having a color theme, mostly because it was driving me insane. I wanted one thing for save the dates, dark blue cards with magnets that are black with firworks and us for our july 4th wedding.  I want burgendy bridesmaid dress, and fiance wants orange in the flowers.  I also got brown and green paper for the invitations.  At the actual wedding/reception i'll stay in the burgandy, orange, and purple theme oh, and white flowers too. Or try to haha.  But we might have a brown or green cake, since his last name is Mount and someone suggested we have a mountain cake. !   anyway,  Rebel against wedding colors and everything will be so much easier!  you can have/ do whatever you want, muhhmuhaha.
~beth

LoL, you sounded very frustrated and then ended with the whole relief of the ''muhhmuhaha'' 
I just found it really funny!

And congrats to you Kitty!
You kind of sound like me, my fiance just proposed at 12:30 am New Years Day, and we've been dating for almost 4 1/2 years.  I too went through the shock factor instead of the excitiment factor and I was like 'this is so weird' more than half the time.  lol, but now I really want to plan!!  I also want a December wedding, but it'll most likely be in 2009, maybe the 5th?  Have to see what the fiance wants too.  The winter feel of colors sound awesome, and I'm sure if you opt. for the branches and crystal ideas that'll really look pretty!
Why don't you try and 'image google' winter weddings or something and see what picture ideas come up! :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Yummy Text in Gimp
How to Make Your Own Borders in Gimp
How to Assign a Sound File in Windows XP
How to Create Mutated Pictures in Gimp
How to Make Flaming Text in Gimp
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...