A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Punk Pants! Finally~!  (Read 4191 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2007 02:20:35 PM »

So I asked my mom for old jeans to recon into some straight leg jeans for the Flatfoot show on the 30th.  Figuring she would say no, I was surprised when she gave me 5 pairs to work with.  This pair fit the best, but now are too tight and look bad when I'm sitting down.  Any help with that problem would be lovely.  All I did was take the inseam in a quarter inch, and the outside seam a half inch.  They're thick denim to hide all my thigh mass, which is good coz the plaid ones don't.  Also, these pics fattened me up when I rotated them, so if you put them on their side, you'll see how they really look.  Thanks for looking!

Look at the butt these give me!  Dang!

This is the dartage.  Had I taken in the waist band I wouldn't be able to fit into them.  It looks bad, but it hides under my shirt(High wasted was popular in the 90s supposedly...).  Still like I said, if you have any ideas to make the waist fit better, HELP!

Random thought, the waist goes right up to my belly button.  Like that matters.......

Rogue~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
honeychild1212
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007 05:10:03 PM »

I'm making over my friend, Melissa's pants similarly to what your doing.

First and foremost, I suggest you invest in some studs and/or spikes. StudsandSpikes.com has amazing studs (a pack of 100 pyramid studs for $3.30 and cheap shipping!). And what I'm going to do is go for the whole Hot Topic feel (and be cheap about it).

I hope I helped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007 06:18:41 PM »

Yeah, I'm totally planning on blowing some Christmas Cash on studs....

any advice to make the waist fit better?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

honeychild1212
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007 10:16:06 PM »

*shrug* I'm new to modifying clothes. My only suggestion is tear it up and sew it back together.

Sorry I can't help much in that department.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007 10:54:07 AM »

Its ok.  I think I'm going to let out the sides and just bring them in like a quarter inch instead of a half...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

designarob
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007 09:07:05 PM »

I would suggest taking off the waistband altogether and either leaving the edge raw (maybe running a basting stitch just to prevent it stretching into forever), or using a bias binding for a bandless waist.

Robyn C.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
windsy
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007 05:07:09 PM »

yeah, i agree, just hack off that high waist band.  you have plenty to work with...  just stitch a bias strip around the raw edge--or leave it, that could look cute.  then, add some sort of snap, button, or hook to keep it together and prevent them from falling off or the zipper from unzipping...

good job.  another thing you could do to punk them out, is to add some patches on the knees and butt, and also some strategic tears, rips and wear (try using a serrated knife and rubbing it until the thread shows...)  that way they'll look more worn, and more punk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cuteness is addictive
princessXpunk
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007 11:57:45 PM »

i make my own skinny jeans a lot.
just for the simple fact that premade skinny jeans never fit me properly
about the best advice i can give is to turn them inside out, put em on, and safety pin them where desired and sew away. i hate guessing how far in to go, so put em on and safety pin where i want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i ran w/ scissors, and look how i turned out
ravenladyj
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007 04:52:40 AM »

I'm making over my friend, Melissa's pants similarly to what your doing.

First and foremost, I suggest you invest in some studs and/or spikes. StudsandSpikes.com has amazing studs (a pack of 100 pyramid studs for $3.30 and cheap shipping!). And what I'm going to do is go for the whole Hot Topic feel (and be cheap about it).

I hope I helped.

thanks so much for posting that link...I'll have to check it out since both my kids and myself are nuts for that sort of thing but where we live you can't find anything like that LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AstroZombie138
40 oz Casualty

shouldnt get my hopes up, I always got my fists up

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007 05:58:49 PM »

StudsAndSpikes is a great site. I've ordered from there before and the order &delivery is always super fast and easy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Understand the Concept of a Centered Subject
How to Create a Street Portrait
How to Create a Studio Portrait
How to Set up a File Structure for your Images
How to Use Lighting in a Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...