A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Winter's here, let's knit"-along!  (Read 2130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008 10:38:39 AM »

YAY!!  finished one of those projects that's been sitting around, unfinished, for years!  (the blanket)

FINISHED:
5.  puffy sleeve pirate jacket from knit.1  cast on today, 12/23/07
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2022/2131437449_31d0f883a1.jpg?v=0
DONE!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=217205.0

13.  the 400 year blanket (started it 400 years ago, it still needs to be finished!)
pattern, if anyone wants it:
http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/LW1295+Prairie+Star.htm
DONE!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
bijou_raoul
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008 03:17:01 PM »

Dulcinea, I've got a blanket that I'm about to start on, and I fear it will take me about 400 years too...yours gives me motivation!

I finished my first project of 2008, a Dollar and a Half Cardigan from IK. I really loved the pattern...now I kind of hate the end result. I wore it to work once & I'm pretty sure already that I'm going to frog it.  Undecided I'll probably post a couple pics next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tajhia
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008 06:31:04 PM »

I am wanting to finish up a load of UFO's....

So far I have the following:

1.  A pair of thrummed mittens for a neighbours son (made in return for him babysitting for us over Christmas!) One is completed, the second is half done.
2.  An ipod cozy for the same person as part of the same deal
3.  A mitten to replace one of a pair that my daughter lost the first day she wore them  Roll Eyes
4. A felted teacosy made from the pattern on knitty - barely started tbh
5. A pair of socks for one of my daughters (one is done need to do the second)
6. the dishcloth I started the other day because I had to have something to knit in the car (I have PTSD/Anxiety disorder about driving and cars,  and cannot travel in a car without something to concentrate on).  it is a simple garterstitch one done on the diagonal and is about half done.
7.  A black top-down raglan sweater for me - I have completed the yoke part to where it needs dividing for the sleeves and the body
8. Molly Weasely's cardigan from Charmed Knits - this one is not a UFO, but I bought the yarn the other day so may as well make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008 06:52:03 PM »

Dulcinea, I've got a blanket that I'm about to start on, and I fear it will take me about 400 years too...yours gives me motivation!

well, i'll tell ya a story.  i got the pattern for that when it was a tear off sheet at walmart - and it's copyrighted 2002, so the pattern is 5-6 years old.  that's probably how long ago i started that blanket, got it halfway done, and it's sat, with all the yarn and a copy of the pattern for years.

when i started with the fall knit along, and actually listed out all the things i wanted to work on, i got a whole lot more focused, and actually only have one project going at a time (for the most part) - sometimes a swap thing will jump in and interrupt, but for the most part, i've tried really hard to discipline myself to start something, work on it, and finish it - and my reward is that i get to start something new.

over the xmas break (i took a week off) - i finished a lace shawl, knitted my first ever pair of socks, and did the puffy sleeve piratey sweater from knit.1 spring 2006.  so i was pretty proud of myself.

once i finished those, i decided that i was going to finish the blanket once and for all - and my reward is that now, i'm working on a slightly more challenging, toe-up sock pattern (am almost up to the heel on the first sock)

so if i can do it, you can too!  what blanket are you wanting to make?  i can be your cheerleader and try to keep you on task so you finish it, if you want?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
bijou_raoul
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008 07:36:47 PM »

so if i can do it, you can too!  what blanket are you wanting to make?  i can be your cheerleader and try to keep you on task so you finish it, if you want?

I don't have any specific pattern, I just have a ton of acrylic that I bought when I first learned to knit and I want to find a way to eat it all up. I tend to get bored easily with whatever I happen to be working on so I figure this way instead of picking up a new project every time I'm itching for something different, I can just make a square (I'm just going to do all garter stitch) and hopefully by this time next year--I hope sooner--I can have a whole blanket stitched together.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008 08:04:51 PM »

I don't have any specific pattern, I just have a ton of acrylic that I bought when I first learned to knit and I want to find a way to eat it all up. I tend to get bored easily with whatever I happen to be working on so I figure this way instead of picking up a new project every time I'm itching for something different, I can just make a square (I'm just going to do all garter stitch) and hopefully by this time next year--I hope sooner--I can have a whole blanket stitched together.  Smiley

here's a crocheted square along?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=215844.0

you could just do a square in all of your colors - i have so much acrylic taking up space, i might do that one, too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008 08:49:13 PM »

I finished my pink mittens!

Now my updated list:

Things I wanna make for sure

-Pink mittens (DONE!)
-Cable net socks (started)
-Woven cable scarf (started)
-Annetrelac socks
-Streakers shrug
-Anastasia socks

I may also knit

-a couple of hats
-a sweater (not sure which pattern yet)
-baby stuff

~Caroline~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008 09:34:05 PM »

Those look so cozy! Love em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Self-Tanning at Home With the "Shower Tan"
How to Apply New Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer
Adam Levine Proactiv+
Sweat-Proof Your Makeup Routine
How to Use and Clean Your Clarisonic Brush the Right Way
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...