A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who's thinking about next Christmas already?  (Read 3075 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superXfiction
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007 07:14:35 PM »

it's crazy because i procrastinate like a beast, but i love to plan things?! i don't get it.

so far, i've decided to make orange chocolate truffles. and do some MADDDD crocheting. but first i have to try and master some prettier stitches. i have a while, though. and i'm for sure going to get some of my artwork out to people. often requested, never received.

i wait until the last minute and then BUY?! things. that's awful. i'll try to make christmas '08 a little craftier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamilyn
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007 07:38:00 PM »

i procrastinate like a beast, but i love to plan things?! i don't get it
I'm the same way! I'll even run out and buy all the supplies months in advance and then do the whole thing a week before I need it done. It's a sickness I think.

I didn't make anything crafty as gifts for 2007 and that made me sad. Well, not TOO sad. I did make a few things for myself. Grin  But, not enough.  Wink 2008 is the year I get my creative freak on!  Shocked And, I would like to share my creativity as gifts throughout the year as well as at Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
have2craft
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007 08:20:58 PM »

I'll probably start with finishing items for Christmas 07 first.  thanks.  catdaddytn

That sounds like me!  I still owe my mom ONE sock.  I finished the first one up and cast on the second one tonight.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Dee~
allthingspink
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007 06:48:05 PM »

Well, It is December 30, and time to start projects for Christmas '08... so here goes my list...
DS:  crocheted afghan for his queen sized bed, winter quilt for cold winter nights (black and red).
DSS:  Not quite sure yet... still have to think. Huh
DSD:  Lots of yarn and needled for her knitting passion Grin (which her mother does not encourage. Angry)
DH:  Hugs N Kisses cabled scarf Shocked, quilt for our bed, afghan for cuddling on the couch. 
Jams and jelly baskets and bath baskets with homemade soaps and bath fizzies and knitted washcloths for friends and family...and drop-ins.
MIL:  A basket of knit washcloths and handmade soaps and lotions. She lives 1,150 miles from us. 
New Grandbaby (due in March):  EVERYTHING I can think of between now and then.
Me: a good case of carpal tunnel and tendonitis.  YIPPEE.  Iceehot here I come. 

The list is not complete, but to be edited as I need...

Happy planning!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If God really loved us, our saliva would taste like chocolate.
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007 08:19:24 PM »

Let's see if I can start a list:

Sis - black and white King sized quilt - nothing fancy, just strips or squares or something
DH - no idea yet
DD - pj's ofcourse (every year) and stuff for her girlfriends
DS - pj's too ofcourse

Those are my biggest concerns really.  I think I may make some little "extra" stuff to keep on hand too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raggedyandy
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008 07:40:02 AM »

Well I suppose if there are so many of you that are going to admit it then I can too !   Hello Group, My name is Andy and I a a Christmas Decoration making Fool LOL 
     I  Actually was not going to put up a Christmas tree this year but decided I should, The reason I was not in the mood was that I lost my Mother to Cancer last Feburary and just was not in the mood to celebrate especially since Christmas was always a big deal to Mom  but I got to thining that she would not have wanted that , She would have wanted a Tree But then I though if I was going to put one up it was going to be Black in keeping with me still being in Mourning , I remember seeing a few black ornaments here and there last year so I didnt think it would be that bid of a deal , but I was suprised, when I went to find them this year, some how the price had doubled and from looking around at the other decorations I knew I could get some great Ideas at K-Mart and make my own , Just adapt them to MY color scheme and besides I would be saving myself a TON of money   Do you realize how hard Black Ornaments are to find when you are looking for them
    Anyway to make a Long story short with the help of some cheap glass balls Silver and Clear, some glitter, Velvet Wired Ribbon, some styrofoan balls, Sequins & Beads, straight pins, Glue,  Double sided tape, and of course cool papers to work with and anything else I couln think of to use,  and before long I actually had a what I think turned out to be one of the most beautiful trees I have ever had   and even found myself having a good time doing it, sitting here listening to Christmas Music, Watching the Flicker of the Advent Candle's Flame  and thinking about my Mother,   It may sound silly but Mom enjoyed making things like that once in a while and I think this was Her, Telling me Merry Christmas Son!   Even though had she been here she would have not been mused at a BLACK CHRISTMAS TREE  but it worked     Thanks for letting me rattle,   Besides Black is the Color for Lung Cancer which Mom had SO next year I hope to do a Pink Tree  doing pretty much the same think for those suffering from Breast Cancer and a All Red one for A.I.D.S. and auction them off for Charity (There is a annual Show here close to my town each fall I think I will look into)    I am just so Inspired       Peace and Light    Andy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish the Turkey Chestnut Filling
How to Mix and Bake a Turkey Filling
How to Sautee the Ingredients for a Turkey Filling
How to Prepare and Peel Chestnuts for a Turkey Filling
How to Prepare Chestnut Turkey Filling
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...