A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 150260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Esjay82
« Reply #1110 on: April 01, 2008 08:36:58 AM »

yay! cant wait to have a go! And my other yarn i was waiting for arrived late yesterday!!!!! woohoooooooo!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

makeene
« Reply #1111 on: April 01, 2008 08:51:30 AM »

Round 5 makes no sense to me either. I'll be waiting and watching as well for someone to figure this one out. Glad I'm not the only one confused by it.

Michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Esjay82
« Reply #1112 on: April 01, 2008 09:34:19 AM »

The icons are funky, lol...
Ok, I tried this square last weekend (haha) and frogged it due to me not understanding round 5.  I'm sure it's just a mind fart, as the hubby would say, and pretty simple.

Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in next sp, trc, sp, trc, and sp, [3 sc in next trc, sc in each sp a st across to 4th trc] 3 times, sc in next st and sp to 1st sc, join to the 1st sc. Finish off CB

The bold is where I'm stuck.  So you Sc in the next space, I got that, but the trc goes?, Then what is with the sp's standing alone?  I haven't had problems with any other squares, I am with this, lol.

Sorcha

i'm not sure if i'm doin it right either but i am in the middle of that row now.. what i've done is do a sc in the sp and then a sc in the trc and then in the space.. so sc in each sp and sc in each trc around, 3 sc in the corners (4th trc)..

thats what i'm doin right now like i said.. i'll see if it works out ok when i get to the next round..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #1113 on: April 01, 2008 11:04:39 AM »

OK, so i've finished my first square.. i did that tricky round as i described and its worked out fine i think.. so here's a quick pic i just took...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2203/2380854834_4928ca7a79.jpg

i've tried the 3 colours together i like it i hope it'll help bring the colours together more on the whole blanket.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 12:24:58 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working pic(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowduckie
« Reply #1114 on: April 01, 2008 11:43:28 AM »

Ok, I tried this square last weekend (haha) and frogged it due to me not understanding round 5.  I'm sure it's just a mind fart, as the hubby would say, and pretty simple.

Round 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in next sp, trc, sp, trc, and sp, [3 sc in next trc, sc in each sp a st across to 4th trc] 3 times, sc in next st and sp to 1st sc, join to the 1st sc. Finish off CB

The bold is where I'm stuck.  So you Sc in the next space, I got that, but the trc goes?, Then what is with the sp's standing alone?  I haven't had problems with any other squares, I am with this, lol.

Sorcha

i'm not sure if i'm doin it right either but i am in the middle of that row now.. what i've done is do a sc in the sp and then a sc in the trc and then in the space.. so sc in each sp and sc in each trc around, 3 sc in the corners (4th trc)..

thats what i'm doin right now like i said.. i'll see if it works out ok when i get to the next round..

I haven't started yet, but that's what row 5 sounds like it's doing.  The pattern maker just didn't write it out stitch for stitch.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellowduckie
« Reply #1115 on: April 01, 2008 11:44:33 AM »

Btw, who are all the icons.  I realised the "Staying Alive" one, but not most of the others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: April 01, 2008 12:29:48 PM »

Sorcha

I think I love you.  Ok, she has it worded weird.  You just sc in each STITCH and SPACE.  Grrr....  That sounds right.  I knew that someone with a more logical brain would figure it out:)

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
Esjay82
« Reply #1117 on: April 01, 2008 12:45:54 PM »

Sorcha

I think I love you.  Ok, she has it worded weird.  You just sc in each STITCH and SPACE.  Grrr....  That sounds right.  I knew that someone with a more logical brain would figure it out:)

Sorcha

LOL!!! i know i hate it when i cant work it out!!! i just read over the pattern and thought no.. not sure whats goin on there.. so just thought to myself i'll just start i n get there n see if it makes anymore sense... it was just written strangely.. then as soon as i got to that bit i thought i might aswell finish it! lol! i did it before i'd even eaten my breakfast! hahaha!

i'm doing a jan, feb march square in the colours for my second blanket now (because like i said my yarn arrived yesterday but late on).. hopefully b able to post them later! yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #1118 on: April 01, 2008 04:51:24 PM »

Esjay, love the colors! The avatars are all mainly 80s icons. Love them!

Horse Power: we must be psychic, because I was just about to use it as a filler.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Horse Power
« Reply #1119 on: April 02, 2008 05:42:51 AM »

Hi guys! I added a link to Esjay82's excellent clarification on April's pattern to the first post, which means there's a link to corrections for January's and April's. If anyone made a post with corrections/clarifications to February's or March's, please send me a PM and I will add them to the first post! Thanks!

Everyone's squares are fantastic, and I've seen really phenomenal color combinations!

mochaxlight: That's too funny! I love it when things like that happen!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008 05:45:00 AM by Horse Power » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Need for Speed in Your Beauty Routine
Sweater Weather Make-Up
Beauty and the Blog: Christmas Beauty Wish List
5 Minute Day to Night Makeup Tutorial
What Happens When You Try the Weirdest Celebrity Beauty Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...