A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,361
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 148142 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Esjay82
« Reply #880 on: February 26, 2008 05:14:32 PM »

OK, so i've managed to do 1 January square, and i've started the February square, but i am totally stuck with the X bit?!!!  Sad i have looked through lots of the replies on the posts here.. and tried to find if if anyone else could explain it a bit more clearly? i couldn't seem to find anything? i may just be being stupid! has anyone got any tips on that X bit? sorry to be a pain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #881 on: February 26, 2008 05:23:02 PM »

Ok, I don't have a good way to explain it, but here's a tutorial... http://www.geocities.com/mwillsondesigns/SlipStitch/slipstitch.html

I hope it helps, that's what I looked at before I did mine. I just slip stitched through the holes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #882 on: February 26, 2008 05:42:58 PM »

Ok, I don't have a good way to explain it, but here's a tutorial... http://www.geocities.com/mwillsondesigns/SlipStitch/slipstitch.html

I hope it helps, that's what I looked at before I did mine. I just slip stitched through the holes.

aaaha! thanku! Mienna! I think it makes a bit more sense to me now from reading that! i will try it in a bit!

i tried it and i've completed it now! woohoo! i'm such a novice! i am waiting for the hubby to get home with the camera so i can take pics and post them. thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008 04:55:08 PM by Esjay82 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

marleah
« Reply #883 on: February 28, 2008 06:38:16 AM »

I've fallen so behind on this CAL! I haven't done a Feb square yet ... Hopefully I will have a chance in the next couple weeks to whip out a couple. I love the color combinations everyone is using!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #884 on: February 28, 2008 07:45:14 AM »

I finished my Feb square! I stopped before the last row so it would be the same size as my last square.
my goals with makeing these has been to only use scrap yarn (leftovers from other projects) and to make one a month. My afghan is either going to be really awesome or really ugly! lol. 
I'll post a pic tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 28, 2008 10:54:48 AM »

I've fallen so behind on this CAL! I haven't done a Feb square yet ... Hopefully I will have a chance in the next couple weeks to whip out a couple. I love the color combinations everyone is using!

well you shoulda been working on your squares and not wasting all your time with that dead like me swap!  Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #886 on: February 28, 2008 11:20:29 AM »

Yay! i have a photo to post of my first 2 squares! woohoo!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3065/2298067099_ab76d6c929.jpg

I know they're not perfect but these are the first non-basic squares i've made.. I really love crochet!! it took me so long to get the hang of it but i think it was well worth the effort! These patterns were not too hard though, i did get confused with the slip stitching over for the cross! i think its because i over think it sometimes!

I'm using Simply soft in the colours Dark Sage and Bone i think.. and i used a J hook as i didnt have an I. They're both around about 10" But i thought before i add anymore to it, i'd wait and see the size of my next squares. I want to do 1 more of each, but reverse the colours. Also i was thinking about maybe brining some red in with the Bone colour on some squares.. the Autumn Red shade of simply soft? What do you guys think?

p.s I cant wait for the next square! It just so happens to be my Birthday on Saturday too! So its like an extra bday present!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 12:20:01 PM by pinkleo - Reason: non-working pic(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krisnotes
« Reply #887 on: February 28, 2008 01:45:55 PM »

wow...Esjay82 I really like your squares. I'm also using Simply Soft and my colors are bone and the lighter shade of sage haha! we are gonna have some awesome blankets  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a toothpaste on the wrong side of the toothbrush kind of day.
marleah
« Reply #888 on: February 28, 2008 02:01:30 PM »

well you shoulda been working on your squares and not wasting all your time with that dead like me swap!  Wink Cheesy

Gee whiz, I know ...  Cheesy I really was thinking that while I was crafting for the swap - "as soon as I get THIS done, then I can make more squares!" At least the squares go quickly. So I just need to plant my crochet bag next to the couch so that every time I am watching TV, I can whip out a square!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #889 on: February 28, 2008 03:58:10 PM »

I finished my Feb square! I stopped before the last row so it would be the same size as my last square.
my goals with makeing these has been to only use scrap yarn (leftovers from other projects) and to make one a month. My afghan is either going to be really awesome or really ugly! lol. 
I'll post a pic tonight!
I think it will be really awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Handmade Portraits: Black-Eyed Suzie
Handmade Portraits: Mabel Pike
How to Make a Cocktail Umbrella Lantern
Wreath Artists Reveal Their Work
How to Make Handmade Stockings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...