A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 126602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: February 05, 2008 05:36:52 PM »

Just a filler square, wheel lattice

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #651 on: February 05, 2008 08:03:07 PM »

I love the color of the filler square, Sorcha.

I just finished my square! It's not my favorite, mainly because my hearts are a little lopsided. But it's pretty. It's currently blocking, and I'll get a picture tomorrow. When will March come!?!?  Cheesy

I've also decided to do some filler squares. I just love these, and I can't wait till December. Eeee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rizzleraz
« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2008 09:39:09 PM »

Rizzleraz, your square came out great. Don't worry about the Feb. square. It wasn't difficult, but if you get stuck, we'll be happy to help you.

Thanks. Cheesy I did get stuck trying to figure out the surface chain thingy. It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out, but when I was almost done with round 6, I realized one of my sets of 7trs was a set of 9. Sometimes I don't know where I learned to count... But anyway, instead of ripping out ALL of that work, I just added in a couple of scs on that part to compensate. I think it'll be okay as long as I remember to adjust the pattern on each round. It does kind of look a little wonky, but hey, it'll add character, right? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #653 on: February 05, 2008 11:58:26 PM »

Love your colors Lova, and your filler square Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 06, 2008 09:48:05 AM »

I only *just* learned to crochet/understand patterns and this is the PERFECT thread for me to learn with!  I love it!  Crochet is soooooooo addictive!  Is it too late to ask a question about the January square?  I tried looking for the answer amoung the 66 pages before me, but I didn't make it all the way through.  (I learned about Ravelry though! And saw some awesome pics!).

If anyone still has the dreamcatcher pattern in their mind... on Rnd 13 it asks you to dc in each st.  Below, Rnd 12 is dc, ch, skip a st, dc, ch, skip a st, etc.  I have no trouble putting a dc in the top of another dc, but it was a struggle to put a dc in the top of a ch.  I've just been putting the dc in the ch sp.  Is that ok?  Are my ch just too tight?  What did other people do? 

Sorry, bit of a noob here.  BUT HAVING SO MUCH FUN!  Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008 09:51:26 AM by nomij » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AngelBearMom
« Reply #655 on: February 06, 2008 09:53:12 AM »

I only *just* learned to crochet/understand patterns and this is the PERFECT thread for me to learn with!  I love it!  Crochet is soooooooo addictive!  Is it too late to ask a question about the January square?  I tried looking for the answer amoung the 66 pages before me, but I didn't make it all the way through.  (I learned about Ravelry though! And saw some awesome pics!).

If anyone still has the dreamcatcher pattern in their mind... on Rnd 13 it asks you to dc in each st.  Below, Rnd 12 is dc, ch, skip a st, dc, ch, skip a st, etc.  I have no trouble putting a dc in the top of another dc, but it was a struggle to put a dc in the top of a ch.  I've just been putting the dc in the ch sp.  Is that ok?  Are my ch just too tight?  What did other people do? 

Sorry, bit of a noob here.  BUT HAVING SO MUCH FUN!  Thanks for any help!

Yup thats what i always do, put the st in the chain space, rather then the chain itself.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rizzleraz
« Reply #656 on: February 06, 2008 12:58:38 PM »

My feb turned out to be 9in...

It looks good though, considering my huge mistake. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: February 06, 2008 01:05:44 PM »

nomij, that's where I do mine  Smiley

rizzleraz, your square looks good  Grin mine are all 9"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 06, 2008 01:54:18 PM »

Thanks so much Kookaloo_Starr & Angelbearmom!  It's encouraging that I guessed right!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #659 on: February 06, 2008 02:42:13 PM »

Thanks so much Kookaloo_Starr & Angelbearmom!  It's encouraging that I guessed right!  Smiley

I should have asked the same question! Instead, I struggled to put it into the chain...I hate crocheting into chains! Even when I use a bigger hook to make the chain, they still end up too tight Tongue

The latest posted squares look great! I will be able to work on my February square during vacation in a week and a half. I'm itching to crochet right now! Hmmm...I could sneak in a couple of rounds...maybe Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Caramel Oatmeal Squares Recipe
How to Make Frightful Candy Apples
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Recipe
Halloween Ghosts
How to Make White Chocolate Halloween Spooky Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...